Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Address: 2401 Smith Blvd, Arlington, VA 22202, United States
IATA code: DCA
ICAO code: KDCA
DCA Arrivals today
Discover Ronald Reagan National Airport
The airports location is near the capital and 5 miles from the city center. The location of the airport is in Arlington County. There are mainly domestic exports unlike the other airport Washington Dulles. Special routes must be taken immediately after take-off or just before landing due to tight noise restrictions. The airport and its airlines offer 100 destinations, some of which go to Puerto Rico and Canada, but the rest of the airline routes remain in the US. The vast majority of flights are with by American Airlines. Some other options include Southwest and Delta. There are 3 runways, each of which is not very long. This makes it more difficult to land large aircraft. There are three terminals that, under normal circumstances, receive around 24 million passengers a year.
Reagan National Airport is in the middle of two covered zones of disallowed airspace, so pilots need to watch out for the Pentagon and the CIA Central Command when having Reagan airport arrivals. At the time of departure, the pilots must climb rapidly and turn left so that they do not fly over the White House. Following the attack on September 11, 2001, the security powers strongly authorized these principles. Reagan National has additional security safeguards required by the Washington Ronald Reagan Airport Defense Identification Zone that have been installed since the operation of the air terminal.
After the September 11 attacks, the airport was closed for a while, and security was set on restarting it.
- Ban on airplanes at DCA flight arrivals with more than 156 seats (lifted in April 2002)
- Restrictions on “stream visual” approach (lifted in April 2002)
- A requirement that passengers were required to be located 30 minutes before landing. If anyone was parked, the airplane was to be redirected to Washington Dales International Airport under military escort and would be kept individual and addressed by government law enforcement officers (raised in July 2005)
- Mass flight ban
Terminals and facilities at Washington Ronald Reagan Airport
Terminal A was opened in 1941 for Ronald Reagan arrivals and extended in 1955 to oblige more passengers and aircraft. Outside this terminal, its unique engineering has been reestablished, including Airside in 2004 and Landside in 2008. Terminals B and C are the newest and largest terminals of the air terminal. Terminals were opened in 1997 and categorized categorical terminals of aircraft worked during the 1960s. The new terminals were planned by draftsman Cesar 35 Doors. The two terminals share a similar design and are directly connected to the WMATA air terminal station via an indoor Passerby span.
There are three terminals, A, B and C. After Ronald Reagan flight arrivals you will go to floor 1 for your luggage and you can continue the journey.
Map baggage claim area at level 1 of the terminal
Ground Transportation Washington Ronald Reagan Airport
- Downtown DC, National Mall and White House: Enter I-395 N from George Washington Pkwy. Continue on I-395 N. Drive onto US-1/14th St SW in Washington for the National Mall. Drive up more north for the White House and Downtown area.
- IAD Airport: Go up George Washington Pkwy. Continue on George Washington Pkwy. Take State Rte 267 W/VA-267 W to Dulles Access Rd in Dulles.
- Metrorail: There is a metro rail system with Ronald Reagan airport arrivals from the center. Keep in mind that you can travel with the Yellow and Blue lines. At Reagan arrivals you will come to Terminal B / C. If you fly from terminal A then you have to take an airport shuttle bus from terminal b / c.
- Private Cars: Private vehicles, transportation, and vans provide optimal timings from Washington Reagan Airport DCA and a quick tour to meeting sites.
- Exaggeration Vehicle: Great for business explorers, honeymooners, or any unusual event, you can go to and from Washington Reagan Airport DCA in style in a limousine and other luxury options.
- Car rental: Go up George Washington Pkwy. Continue on George Washington Pkwy. Take State Rte 267 W/VA-267 W to Dulles Access Rd in Dulles.
- Parking 1: located just in front of the terminal of Terminal 1 and then on the side of Gates A. Handy if you are going to fly with one of the following airlines: Air Canada, Frontier, and Southwest. You can easily and quickly walk here with a covered walkway. A shuttle service is also available. Parking is available for $6 per hour or $27 per day. Vehicle clearance is at 7′.
- Parking 2: parking is possible for $6 per hour or for $27 as a maximum rate per day. Via a covered walkway you walk to Terminal 2. These are Gates B-E where the following airlines operate flights: American, Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, and United. There is a slightly higher vehicle height clearance of 8’2″ than with Parking 1. Both garages are also ideal for short term parking.
- Economy Parking: ideal for long-term parking. It is just a short distance east of the terminal. Shuttle buses are available to take you to and from Economy parking. Parking is available for $18 per day.
Airlines and destinations of Ronald Reagan Airport
The airlines with the largest market share of 65%:
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
Other popular options are Frontier, Alaska and Air Canada. Air Canada offers flights to Toronto-Pearson, Ottawa Airport and Montreal Trudeau. Most Washington Ronald Reagan airport arrivals come from Atlanta. The largest airport in the world serves as a hub from Reagan many destinations. Other common routes include the following:
- Los Angeles
- New York JFK
- Las Vegas, and many more.
In the last 5 years, the airport has handled between 23 and 24 million people. This has fallen sharply due to the pandemic. In 2020 there were only 131,299 Ronald Reagan arrivals to transport the 7,574,966 passengers.
Reagan Airport is certainly not a global aviation route, yet there are few flights around the world and most of them from the US. Reagan is in use for worldwide voyages. Flights from Canada, the Caribbean, and Bermuda fly into Reagan.
Around the Richmond Hwy are several hotels that you can use. After late arrivals it is nice to quickly stay in a hotel to rest for a while. We have selected a few:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Capital View
- Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
- Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites Arlington Crystal City DCA
- The Westin Crystal City Reagan National Airport
- Crowne Plaza Crystal City-Washington, D.C., an IHG Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City