Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
Address: Baltimore, MD 21240, United States
Airport code: BWI
Elevation: 160 ft
Phone: +1 410-859-7111
Node for: Southern Airways Express, Air Canada
BWI Departures today
BWI airport departures
Baltimore/Washington International Airport is known as BWI Marshall. This international airport is located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, U.S. This well-known airport is serving Baltimore Maryland. It is one of the three major airports serving the Baltimore – Washington, D.C metropolitan region. The other two airports are Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Dulles International Airport. This airport is 30 miles northeast of Washington, D.C, and 9 miles south of downtown Baltimore. It is the 22nd busiest airport in the nation and also a base for Southwest Airlines who has most Baltimore flight departures. This airport is the busiest in the National Capital Region.
Baltimore/Washington International Airport is named after Thurgood Marshall, African American, a Baltimore native who served as an Associate Justice on the Supreme Court of the nation. Many travelers from Philadelphia, Harrisburg, and Richmond metropolitan areas make use of the BWI flight departures. The airport covers 3,160 acres of land.
Top routes from BWI
Baltimore Airport Terminal
Baltimore/Washington International Airport has 5 concourses from Concourse A to E with 73 gates. Concourse A/B has 25 gates for Washington Baltimore departures. Concourse C has 14 gates, Concourse D has 23 gates, and Concourse E has 4 arrival-only gates and 7 arrival/departure gates. The international gates of this airport are located in Concourse E for Thurgood Marschall departures. United States military personnel and their families benefit from the lounge on the lower level of the terminal located between Concourse D and Concourse E for baggage claim.
- Concourse A: Southwest
- Concourse B: Southwest
- Concourse C: American Airlines, Contour Airlines, and Southwest
- Concourse D: Alaska, Allegiant, Boutique Air, Delta, Spirit, and United
- Concourse E: PLAY and Spirit
Priority Pass members-only accesses a lounge known as The Club nearby the Gate D10. British Airways supports its elite and Club World passengers to use the Chesapeake Club Lounge located in Concourse E which is accessible before BWI departures. This terminal building’s thirdarriv floor is for the headquarters of the Maryland Aviation Administration.
Focus on important things
As a beginner at the Baltimore/Washington International Airport, you have to focus on some important things like the Baltimore flight departures such as security, baggage, accessibility, international travel issues and corporate & general aviation. The Maryland Aviation Administration owns and operates this airport. Individuals who are flying with this team can feel comfortable and make their wishes about the enhanced and safe travel within the schedule and budget come true. It is a suitable time to pay attention to the flight departures, airlines, air traffic map, route map, and other things related to this airport.
Baltimore International Airport is the recipient of a 2020 ASQ Award. This Airport Service Quality Award reveals the overall quality of services from this qualified team. If you wish to have BWI airport departures using one of the best airports in the world, then you can choose this international airport.
You may have any doubts about the terminal maps, food & drink, transportation, parking, and flight status. You can feel free to contact this airport and discuss with experienced and friendly staff members. Or check the Baltimore airport departures hall over here:
All users of the official website of this airport get complete guidance and make a good decision about their next travel. For example, they use the advanced search facility to find a flight. They view details about the Washington Baltimore departures as expected. An easy way to travel from and to this airport is helpful to every passenger to save their priceless time and gets the maximum convenience.
Airlines and destinations
The most seen carrier is Southwest but also United, American, Delta and Spirit have regular flights to multiple destinations. Then there are airlines that offer seasonal flights as well or internationals routes with only a few Baltimore flight departures a week. Some of these are:
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- British Airways
- Sun Country Airlines.
There are many direct BWI departures to almost every state in the US. Some important ones are:
- Chicago O’Hare
- Charlotte Douglas
- Las Vegas
- Fort Lauderdale
Some international departures are to going to these places:
There are several options for getting to Washington DC or Downtown Baltimore by transportation. Some options:
- MTA Light Rail: it runs from the terminal to Baltimore center and all the way to Hunt Valley. It only costs $1.90 to travel on the light rail. The station is near concourse E.
- Train: you can also travel further with the MTA MARC Train or the Amtrak Train. Many destinations are possible with these organizations such as Washington DC, Alexandria VA, Wilmington DE and Philadelphia PA with AMTRAK. If you travel with MARC you can also visit Harford County, Cecil County, Anne Arundel County and Prince Georges County. The train station is just a short distance from the airport site. However, a free shuttle service is offered to the train station. The pick up from the airport is on the Lower Level.
- MTA Bus Services: Several buses go to Baltimore downtown areas around it. Some are bus 107 and 75.
- Ride Services and Taxis: Whether you want a drop off or a pick up, these services are ideal for a quick journey to your final destination.
- Car Rental: there is a Car Rental Facility next to the terminal. It is within walking distance but there are shuttle buses from the facility to the terminal for a drop off. For a rental car return, drive to the following address: 7432 New Ridge Rd., Hanover, MD 21076.
- Hourly Garage: $4 per hour/ $22 a day
- Daily Garage: $12 a day
- Express Parking: $10 a day
- Long Term Parking: $12 a day
There are many hotels in the Business District where you can stay overnight. From budget to more luxurious, most offer good service and a bus shuttle. Some options:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
- Hyatt Place Baltimore/Bwi Airport
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore at BWI Airport
- The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI
- Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel – BWI
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Bwi Airport, an IHG Hotel