Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
Address: 5000 W International Airport Rd, Anchorage, AK 99502, United States
Airport code: ANC
Elevation: 150 ft
Phone: +1 907-266-2526
Hub for: Passenger: Alaska Airlines; Cargo: Atlas Air; FedEx Express; UPS Airlines
ANC Arrivals today
Find out Ted Stevens international airport arrivals
Have you all been traveling in and around the largest city of Alaska- Anchorage? If so, then you might have been wondering what means of transport you choose to arrive there quickly and smoothly so that you get that extra day to cover the whole city. Before having Ted Stevens arrivals, it would be good to read and learn about the Ted Stevens Anchorage Airport where you will be arriving.
First, it’s one of the major airports in the United States state of Alaska and the Anchorage flight arrivals are located 5 miles southwest of Anchorage center. After Ted Stevens, a United States senator from Alaska itself, this airport was renamed in service from 1968 – 2009.
Ground transportation Ted Stevens Anchorage Airport
Directions to downtown: within 15 minutes you can be in Anchorage Downtown by car. It is a 6-7 mile drive to the center. Head east on Old International Airport Rd, toward S Aircraft Dr for 1.2 miles. Take the W International Airport Rd and A St to the B St for 5.1 miles and continue on the B St to your destination.
When having Ted Stevens airport arrivals, it would be nice and comfortable for you if you’re aware of things beforehand on where you can opt for the transportation services to get to your destination once you arrive at the airport. Thus, the transportation facilities include the following:
- Shuttle Bus Airport: the free shuttle bus takes travelers between the Domestic (South) Terminal, Rental Facility & Parking Lot every with every 10-15 min ANC airport arrivals. The Shuttle facility from the International (North) Terminal is also available on that on-demand basis.
- Off-Airport Conveyance: the Mover Bus of Municipality of Anchorage People stops every 25 – 30 min Anchorage airport arrivals at several Airport areas, and alternates between center and Dimond Center addresses from around 6:00 am till 11:00 pm.
- Motel/Hotel Courtesy Car/Van Service: free pickup service at the airport is given for guests via many local motels and hotels. Arrange the needed services through telephone info board in the luggage claim areas or via email beforehand to get free Anchorage arrivals at your hotel.
- Car rentals: there is a Rental Car Center diagonally across from the South Terminal. There is a free shuttle service that will take you to this location. It is also just walk.
- Taxi Cabs/Rideshare: For the Rideshare Services such as Lyft and Uber, you must be ready on Level 2, for Ticketing, upon arrival. Taxis are available on Level 1 when you exit the baggage claim area from door 3. At North Terminal, taxis are available from door 2.
You can park right in front of both terminals, North and South. This is called short term parking. At these locations you are the fastest in the terminal to check in. If you want to park for more than a few hours or days, we recommend the long term parking area. From South Terminal, this is behind Short Term Parking Garage and Rental Car Center.
Terminals and runways Anchorage Airport
The terminal structure at the Airport has a couple of terminals: North and South. And, it has three runways:
- 7L/25R which is 10,600 x 150 feet with the asphalt covering;
- 7R/25L which is 12,400 x 200 ft with a concrete/asphalt surface;
- 15b/33 is about 10,865 x 200 ft with a concrete/asphalt surface.
All these runways have Ted Stevens flight arrivals evenly in use. This airport even has an asphalt helipad about 100 x 100 feet.
Map Terminal North
Smoking: smoking in the building is not allowed. You can only smoke in the designated locations outside the North and South Terminal.
Eat & Shop: there are places in both terminals where you can shop, eat and drink. Some options: Cabin Chill, Cream, Alaska Mercantile, Doghaus, Hudson News, Euro Cafe, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.
Ted Stevens Anchorage Airport flight routes
Around 37 destinations are accessible roughly from this airport via direct or non-stop flights, including 15 US-states destinations alongside Ted Stevens airport arrivals from Mexico, Canada, and Asia.
The foreign carriers run seasonal charters and seasonal flights to Canada, Europe, and Asia. Due to Russia’s proximity, the city Anchorage is the only one in the U.S. outside of Los Angeles, New York JFK, and Miami to have direct flights with Anchorage airport arrivals to Russia. Also, it’s the only airport to possess flights to a city other than Moscow.
Alaska Airlines have by far most flights departing from this airport with a share of 75%. Others are:
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Grant Aviation
- Ravn Alaska
- Sun Country
The busiest route is to Seattle/Tacoma with half a million passengers in 2020. Other frequent Anchorage Ted Stevens arrivals are from
- O’Hare International Airport
If you are looking for a hotel near the airport you will have to stay a few miles away. Then there are several options available near Lake Spenard such as the following:
- Coast Inn at Lake Hood
- The Lakefront Anchorage
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, an IHG Hotel
- Comfort Suites Anchorage International Airport