Tampa International Airport
Address: 4100 George J Bean Pkwy, Tampa, FL 33607, United States
IATA airport code: TPA
ICAO airport code: KTPA
Alias: Drew Field Municipal Airport
Phone: +1 813-870-8700
Junction for: Silver Airways and Southwest Airlines
Serves: Tampa-St. Petersburg Metropolitan Area
Opened: April 15, 1971
TPA arrivals today
Check out Tampa International Airport Arrivals
If you want to tour Tampa – Florida, you will certainly have to get to the international airport in the area. You can know how the airport works, which destinations it accepts and which airlines it has to focus on. This is a great airport that is located just outside of downtown Tampa in Hillsborough County.
Top routes from TPA
- ATL – Atlanta
- ORD – Chicago
- EWR – New York
- DEN – Denver
- LGA – New York
- CLT – Charlotte
- DFW – Dallas
- DCA – Washington National
- MIA – Miami
- DTW – Detroit
There are dozens more destinations from Tampa within the US. Most of these stay on the west side of the country, but there are also plenty of flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle.
Tampa Airport destinations International
If you want Tampa arrivals international destinations, you can take flights from:
- London, United Kingdom
- Toronto Canada
- Zurich – Switzerland
- Frankfurt – Germany
- Havana Cuba
- Panama City – Panama
- Grand Cayman – Cayman Islands
There are some more Caribbean options with only a few flights a week.
About Tampa Airport
The airport began Tampa airport flight arrivals in 1940, although it was only an airfield that worked for the third air force. The airport’s name was Drew Army Airfield, and it stayed that way until 1952, when it was re-established for Tampa flight arrivals. It is an airport that has undergone many improvements in its facilities to offer the largest number of TPA airport arrivals to its users.
This airport is located 6 miles west of downtown Tampa, in Hillsborough County, Florida. The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority owns its facilities, and it is renowned for its great architecture. Currently, you can take 93 different non-stop Tampa arrivals throughout the United States, Central America, Latin America and Europe.
You can locate the Tampa International Airport 6 miles from the downtown district in Florida. It is an airport of great proportions that you will recognize and get there without problems. You can take various transportation systems to have Tampa international arrivals.
Transportation at Tampa Airport
When you arrive at the Tampa International Airport facilities, you will have several transportation routes after TPA flight arrivals:
- Public transport: You have to head southwest of the airport to catch the Hillsborough Regional Transit Authority bus. This bus line connects you to the SkyConnect station.
- Rental vehicles: Since 2018 you can have a public car rental service located a few miles from the airport. It’s easy to reach within minutes by SkyConnect train after you experience Tampa airport arrivals. At the Rental Car Center are many agencies to provide you with a car. Some of them are Hertz, Ace, NextCar, Zipcar, and Avis.
- Train: You can also go to the SkyConnect train station, which is very close to public transportation. This new train line allows you to reach the city center in minutes after TPA arrivals.
- Downtown: within 15 minutes and 10 miles you are in downtown Tampa. Drive on George J Bean Inbound Pkwy/George J Bean Pkwy, direction Airport Recirculation Dr. Follow the right lane to take the link road to I-275 N/Tampa. Take I-275 N to N Tampa St. Take exit 44 from I-275 N.
- Port: Drive on George J Bean Inbound Pkwy/George J Bean Pkwy, direction Airport Recirculation Dr. Continue on George J Bean Pkwy. Follow the right lane to take the link road to I-275 N/Tampa. Merge onto E State Rd 60 E. Keep left and stay on E State Rd 60 E. Turn right onto S West Shore Blvd and pass Bank OZK (on the left in 2.6 miles). Turn left to stay on S West Shore Blvd
There are several parking options.
- The easiest way is to park at the Short Term Garage in the terminal building (Level 4-9). It’s even free for the first hour of parking but after that $4-6 per hour with a maximum of $24 per day. The maximum height of the car can be 6″8″. At Level 5 there are also charging stations for electric vehicles.
- A short walk from the terminal will bring you to Long Term Garage. The same daily price as with short term but with a maximum amount of $20 per day. Vehicle Clearance is 7 feet, 10 inches.
- You can park at Economy Garage & Lot for a cheaper rate. With the first 15 minutes free, then $3 per hour and a maximum of $12 per day. The location is south of the terminal and can be reached via the SkyConnect train. This train also continues just a little further to the car rental center. There is also the option to charge your electric vehicle at Level 1, North Garage. Vehicle Clearance:
- Garage 8 feet
- Surface lot 13 feet
- If you come for a drop off or pick up you can wait at Cell Phone Waiting Lot. This is opposite the Economy Parking. It is only a five minute drive to the terminal.
Tampa Airport Tracks
The Tampa International Airport has about 3,300 acres of land that sits 26 feet above the sea. This airport is divided into three runways for Tampa airport flight arrivals with the following specifications:
- Track 10/28 of 6,999 x 150 Ft
- Track 19L / 1R of 8,300 x 150 Ft
- Track 19R / 1L of 11.002 x 150 Ft
Terminals at Tampa Airport
As the Tampa International Airport handles around 21 million people a year, its terminal must be large and functional to process all the Tampa flight arrivals. The Landside / Airside terminal was the first to be implemented in the world. This terminal stands out for having an automatic passenger transport system, a TPA system without drivers. There is a giant flamingo at the airport as public art. Its legs, neck and head emerge from a water-like floor. It is 21 feet tall and is located in the Main terminal.
Map Tampa Airport arrivals hall:
Baggage claim is on Level 1 while check-in is on Level 2.
Airside has four landing areas with 59 gates that were built in 1985. You can divide the facilities at Tampa International Airport by:
- Airside – Where you have TPA airport arrivals with Silver Airways, Contour, or Jetblue, it has 16 gates.
- Airside C for airlines such as Southwest, Breeze, or Alaska with 16 doors.
- Boarding area E for Tampa arrivals with Air Canada, Delta, or Swift Air with their charter flights. It has 13 gates.
- Boarding Area F with 14 gates for flights with Copa Airlines, Cayman Airways, American, or Swoop.
When you want TPA flight arrivals, you can choose from the following airlines:
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Edelweiss Air
- Delta Air Lines
- Cayman Airlines
- Silver Airways
- Southern Airway
- United Airlines
There is a 4* hotel on the airport grounds. This is the Tampa Airport Marriott hotel. It has the best location to stay in right after a long or late flight. There are a handful of hotels within a 4 mile drive (6 min).
- Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport/Westshore
- Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
- Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport/Westshore
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Tampa Westshore Airport, Fla