Southwest Florida International Airport
Address: 11000 Terminal Access Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33913, United States
Airport airport code: RSW
Elevation: 32 ft
Phone: +1 239-590-4800
Owner: Lee County
Fort Myers Airport Departures today
Southwest Florida International Airport Departures
You have to spend a few minutes at the Southwest Florida International Airport to get to know it thoroughly and all its news. This airport is located in unincorporated Lee County in Florida. It is a single runway airport that lists the top three favorites in North America for its specifications and its outstanding Fort Myers airport departures.
The airport has a lot of history ahead of it, several renovations, and expansion plans for the near future to increase the RSW flight departures. You will be amazed at the number of destinations that this busy airport in Florida can offer you.
About Southwest Florida Airport
The Southwest Florida International Airport was built in the early 1980’s, where it offered domestic Southwest Florida departures at first. It is located in a unique airport area in the United States. It consists of a single runway. Since its construction, the airport has had several modifications, even with its name changing from RSW to Southwest Florida.
In 2013, a new rescue and alert zone was inaugurated for planes landing with problems. It is expected that in the coming years, the airport will grow in its facilities, to have many more Fort Myers departures and to give the best to its users.
Location of Fort Myers airport
The Southwest Florida International Airport is located very close to Fort Myers, to the city’s southwest. The airport is in unincorporated Lee County in the state of Florida.
It is a fundamental airport to serve RSW airport departures for areas such as Punta Gorda, Cape Coral, and Naples-Marco.
Transportation at Southwest Florida Airport
If you want to enter or leave the Southwest Florida International Airport, you should take these transportation options:
- Bus: You can take the number 50 LeeTran bus that will take you to the center of the county in no time. This transportation system is affordable, operates 24 hours a day, and its routes are short.
- Taxi service: As you leave the airport, you can take a taxi that will take you around the entire county of the city. The taxi prices are based on zones instead of using the meter. Prices are fixed and therefore cannot be more expensive. Check mbaairporttransportation.com for the zones and the current prices.
- Rental vehicles: You can rent cars outside the airport in the garage in front of the terminal. Take Interstate 75 to get to the center of the county. A direct highway connecting Lee County to the airport will open in the coming months.
You basically have two options to park your car. That is short term parking in the garage in front of the terminal building and long term parking next to the garage on a surface lot. The first 20 Minutes are for free in the garage. This is also a good option when limited time is enough to pick up or drop someone off. A normal drop off at the curbside for departures is also possible. Continue to park in the garage for $3 per hour until the maximum of $18 per day is reached. There is a height restriction of 8’4″. Over-sized vehicles can park at long term parking. This is also a lot cheaper if you leave the car longer. The daily rate is $11 and $60 for the whole week.
The airport has 54.9 acre of construction in which you can admire a single airstrip for Fort Myers flight departures. The runway measures 12,000 x 150 ft, so it is large enough for a plane to land without problems.
Southwest Florida International Airport has plans to expand the runway but also to create a new one to double the FLYLCPA departures. This airport wants to improve safety on its commercial RSW departures to open a runway in the coming years.
Fort Myers airport terminals
When you enter the Southwest Florida airport, you will have a very spacious terminal divided into several lobbies.
- In Lobby B, you will find Customs and Immigration services and the boarding center for Southwest, Air Canada, or Sun Country.
- You can go to Lobby C to catch Fort Myers airport departures with airlines such as United, West Jet, or Delta.
- If you go to lobby D, you will have the American, JetBlue, or Spirit boarding center.
The airport also wants to open lobbies A and E to offer more commercial airlines.
Terminal map building with concourses:
If you give priority to the Southwest Florida International Airport, you can take RSW departures with some airlines such as:
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
From the airport you can take Fort Myers departures to the following destinations:
- Washington DCA and Washington IAD
- Boston Logan
- New York JFK and Newark airport
- Los Angeles LAX
- Houston George Bush and Houston P Hobby
- Buffalo Niagara
- Baltimore BWI
- Madison Dane County
- Cleveland Hopkins
- Chicago ORD and Midway airport
- Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson
- Ottawa YOW
- Louisville SDF
- Cincinnati Northern Kentucky
Map direct RSW airport departures:
A hotel nearby the airport:
- Drury Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport FGCU
- Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
- Courtyard by Marriott Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Myers Airport
Sanibel Island Beach Resorts:
- Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
- Sanibel Siesta on the Beach
- Sanibel Island Beach Resort
- Seaside Inn
Along the Estero Island:
- Gullwing Beach Resort
- The Dolphin Inn Resort
- Matanzas Inn
- Outrigger Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Gulf Resort
- The Neptune Resort
- DiamondHead Beach Resort