Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
Address: 400 Airways Ave, Savannah, GA 31408, United States
Airport code: SAV
Elevation: 48 ft
City of focus for: Allegiant Air
Phone: +1 912-964-0514
Stationed aircraft: 129
SAV Departures today
Discover Savannah/ Hilton head international airport departures
There are commercial and military Savannah flight departures in Georgia, USA. This airport opened in 1929, this airport provides access to two countries’ top locations Georgia and Hilton head island, South Carolina.
Some of the busiest routes
- JFK – John F. Kennedy NY
- LGA – LaGuardia NY
- BWI – Baltimore
- DCA – Washington National
- MIA – Miami
- ORD – Chicago
Savannah airport history
Savannah airport was open in 1929 for Hilton Head airport departures as Savannah municipal airport. In 1958 the new airline terminal work started, in 1962 an additional runway introduced to increase the SAV airport departures. In 1983 airport renamed Savannah international airport and later in 2003 this airport named Savannah/Hilton head international airport.
This airport is also home to the 165th airlift wing of Georgia’s air national guard.
In 2019 airport serves a total of 104,691 operations (Savannah departures and 3 million annual passengers).
Facilities Savannah Airport
Savannah international airport offers excellent facilities for its citizens and business passengers. This airport has a federal inspection service facility (FIS) is a world-class facility that ensures security screening for all passengers.
You get facilities like an ATM, WiFi and a lot of shops for food and shopping and other important needs to have a convenient time before the Savannah Airport departures. There is an information center available where you can ask any query about your flight.
There are options for public transport but many choose for rental cars. You can get paid car rental services from companies like Alamo, Avis, budget, enterprise, hertz, etc.
Savannah Airport Runways and terminals
Savannah international airport covers 3650 acres and it has 2 parallel runways for SAV departures made up of concrete.
- 1st is 9351 x 150 ft, concrete.
- 2nd is 7002 x 150 ft, concrete.
A six-gate terminal is built in this airport in 1994 but was replaced in 1994. Currently, there is plenty of options available in the terminal of this airport, like baggage claim, shopping, business services, ticket counters, and many options for food before you have your Savannah flight departures.
Terminal Second Level for ticketing and concourse with gates for Savannah Hilton Head airport departures.
Airlines that fly to Savannah international airport
Here is a list of airlines with Savannah Hilton Head Airport departures:
- Air Canada express
- Allegiant air
- American airlines
- American eagle
- Delta airlines
- Jet blue
- Silver airways
- United express
- Sun country airlines
Top destinations at Savannah Airport
Although it’s an international airport, most Savannah Airport departures are domestic with Atlanta as most popular destinations. This route will be mainly flown by Delta Air Lines.
|2||Charlotte, North Carolina||119,490|
|3||Dallas//Forth worth, Texas||50,130|
|4||Newark, New Jersey||30,910|
|7||Washington-Dulles, Washington D.C.||26,060|
Map of direct and indirect flights:
Savannah Hilton Head departures parking
If you arrive at Savannah international airport, the airport offers very good parking services. all parking services are first come first serve. If you are making a plan of arrival in Savannah airport you can see parking charges:
- Valet parking package, cost you around 10$ for 4 hours and 20$ for 24 hours. Here is an option available for long-term parking costs you around 60$ for a week.
- Economy parking, package cost you around 40$ for a week, 8$ for 24 hours.
This airport also has the option of rental car pick up. You can rent a car from many companies like Avis, budget, enterprise, hertz, and thrifty. You can also easily drop off your rental car at the center of the rental car companies before you have any SAV departures.
Best places to visit near Savannah, Georgia
- Forsyth Park, this should be a must-visit place in the Savannah. A beautiful green, lush landscape attracts every tourist.
- Old Savannah trolley tours, this is the perfect place to enjoying. The trolley covers 22 squares and 15 stops are provides an amazing view of the city.
- Telfair museum of art is the oldest art museum in the city. This art museum is started in 1819 and the perfect option for visiting with your family.
- Historic theater, this theater is built in 1818, this offers night shows. You can visit this theater for a historic cinema experience.
- To the nearby hotels: they offer free shuttles for drop off or pickup. It’s only 5 minutes and a few miles from the terminal.
- When you want to drive to the center of the city we recommend via Gulfstream Rd. and then the 21 south to downtown.
- To Hilton Head Island: Head north on Airways Ave towards Patrick S Graham Dr 1.9 miles. Follow the right lane to take the link road to I-95 N. You enter South Carolina after 16.4 miles. Take exit 8 and merge onto US-278 E and drive 20.7 miles to arrive at Hilton Head Island South Carolina, United States.
There are some hotels nearby with free shuttle service:
- Hyatt Place
- Holiday Inn Express
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- TRU by Hilton
- Candlewood Suites by IHG