San Francisco International Airport
PO Box 8097, San Francisco,
CA 94128, United States of America
Tel: +1 (0) 650 82- 8211
IATA code: SFO
ICAO code: KSFO
SFO Arrivals today
About San Francisco international airport arrivals
San Francisco International Airport provides SFO airport arrivals for all the major destinations in North America, Europe, and Asia. Located 13 miles south of downtown San Francisco, the SFO is the second busiest airport in California.
This airport covers 5,207 acres of land and it has four runways for SF airport arrivals. These runways are equipped with the most cutting-edge equipment for approved GPS and ILS approaches. About 1230 aircraft land and take-off from the San Francisco International airport every day.
Thousands of passengers use this airport to reach their destinations. Thus, it becomes the 7th busiest airport in the USA. Continue reading to get more information before your San Francisco Airport arrivals.
There are several terminals at the airport. You have terminal 1, 2, 3, and International terminal A and G.
- Terminal 1: 27 B gates
- Terminal 2: 10 C gates and 17 D gates
- Terminal 3: 13 E gates and 23 F gates
- International terminal: 15 A gates and 14 G gates
Location of most important airlines:
- United Airlines: terminal 3 and international G
- American Airlines: terminal 1
- Southwest Airlines: terminal 1
- Delta Air Lines: terminal 2
- Alaska Airlines: terminal 2 and international A
- British Airways: terminal A
- Air France – KLM Lounge
- American Airlines Admirals Club
- American Express – The Centurion Lounge
- British Airways Lounge
- China Airlines Dynasty Lounge
- Delta Sky Club
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge
- United Polaris Lounge
- United Club, Terminal 3, Gates F5-F14
- United Global First Lounge
- United Club, Terminal 3, Gate E2
- Alaska Airlines Lounge
Transportation options at San Francisco Airport
Directions to downtown: Head northwest toward US-101 N. Merge onto US-101 N for 11.5 miles. Follow the 2nd lane from the left to keep left at the fork, continue on US-101 N/Central Fwy and follow signs for N Golden Gate Bridge/Ninth St/Civic Ctr. Take exit 433C toward Ninth St/Civic Center. Follow the 3 left lanes to turn left onto 9th St. Continue onto Hayes St. This is the quickest and shortest route to city center.
It won’t be tough to reach your destination after your SFO flight arrivals. You get several means of transportation to travel across the city.
- Public transit is always a good solution. The BART rapid rail provides an easy commute between SFO and San Mateo County, East Bay, and San Francisco.
- There are also San Francisco arrivals by bus from San Mateo County, Palo Alto, and San Francisco to the airport.
- Taxis, pre-arranged vans, limousines, shared-ride vans and chartered bus services are other options to consider. Thus, it’s quite simple to travel to or from SFO.
- Prefer car rentals if you are looking for a more convenient option. Take the AirTrain Blue Line which is an people mover system. There are stations at every terminal and goes to the BART station, long term parking, West Field Road and the Rental Car Center. For a drop off after the car rental, please drive to the following address: 780 N. McDonnell Road San Francisco, CA 94128.
Domestic Garage or Short Term/Hourly (orange): maximum vehicle height 6’6″. This garage is divided into letters linked to the gate numbers. You can quickly access the terminals via this domestic parking garage. Parking is $8 per hour with a maximum of $36 per 24 hours. ParkFAST is an even quicker solution when you leave from Terminal 3.
International or Daily/Hourly Parking (green): maximum vehicle height 8’2″. park your car here if you have an international flight. It will most likely depart from Gate A or G. From this parking lot you can easily walk to the terminal. Another option is to travel to the terminals with the AirTrain. Park here for $2 per 15 minutes and $36 per day.
Long-Term Parking: this parking location is slightly outside the airport grounds. A good option if you want to park longer. Travel easily with the AirTrain to one of the terminals you depart from and back to the area where the car is parked. The AirTrain arrives at Level 5. There are three options for long-term parking which are Garage 1 (6’10”), Garage 2 (8’2″), and Surface Lot. Please note that there are different heights in the parking garages. If you are taller than 8’2″ you must park on Surface Lot. It costs $25 per 24 hours. The address of this location is as follows: 794 South Airport Boulevard San Francisco, CA 94128.
Cell Phone Waiting Lot: you can use the curbside to pick up passengers at one of the terminals. However, you are not allowed to park here and wait for the passengers to arrive. For that you have to wait at Cell Phone Waiting Lot. This is next to the long term parking area which is only a few minutes away from the airport. You can park here for free for an hour. If you don’t want to experience crowds with all the cars coming and going right in front of the terminal, you can use the Kiss & Fly Drop Off. That is at the Car Rental Center and then you can easily continue with the AirTrain to the desired terminal.
Airlines with SFO domestic arrivals
There are San Francisco Airport arrivals since 1927. Many airline brands operate from this airport. Flights are dispatched to both domestic and international routes from this airport.
Some airline brands operate quite frequently from SFO. Qatar Airways, Aeromexico, Air New Zealand, and Delta are the often used airlines for SFO international arrivals. You get around 103 flights weekly to Los Angeles and about 80 flights to New York every week from SFO.
Aeromexico airline 665 is the first flight that takes off from SFO at 12.01 AM. Qatar Airways airline 5129 is the next flight to New York. Thus, the operations begin every day with many San Francisco flight arrivals and dispatch from this airport throughout the day.
Flight routes San Francisco Airport
The main route San Francisco airport arrivals come from Los Angeles Airport in California. This route is frequently flown by American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta, Southwest and Alaska Airlines. There are also many San Francisco arrivals from
- Denver Airport Colorado
- Chicago O’hare Airport
- Las Vegas Nevada
- Seattle-Tacoma Airport
- Santa Ana
- San Diego
- Newark New Jersey
- Fort Worth Dallas Airport
- Phoenix Arizona
- Boston Logan
- JFK New York
- Houston Intercontinental Airport in Texas
There are also many intercontinental flights to destinations around the world. The clear top 3 routes are to London Heathrow Airport, Hong Kong Airport and Taipei Airport in Taiwan. Other busy routes include the following:
- Vancouver Airport
- Seoul Incheon South Korea
- Toronto Airport Canada
- Frankfurt Germany
- Paris Charles de Gaulle France
- Singapore Airport
- Shanghai Airport Pudong in China
How long does it take to clear customs at SFO?
It may take 30-50 minutes to get through customs. You can retrieve your luggage once you have cleared immigration. You may need to wait a bit longer for your luggage after San Francisco international arrivals. It is not possible to clear all the procedures and leave the airport within 10-15 minutes. So, you must be patient after SFO arrivals.
Places to visit near SFO
San Francisco is a beautiful city and it offers many tourist attractions. If you do not have the entire day before the flight, you can visit the following locations to enjoy a day trip.
- Civic Center: 28 minutes away
- The Mission District: 25 minutes away
- Chinatown & North Beach: 20 minutes away
Redwood City, Palo Alto, and San Mateo are some other destinations to enjoy a short halt near SFO. Tourists often visit these destinations when they travel to/from the San Francisco International Airport.
The most used hotel near the airport is Grand Hyatt At SFO. There is no need for a shuttle to the hotel as there is an AirTrain stop that connects the hotel to the terminals quickly and easily. It is a luxury hotel which is ideally located. If you have less need for luxury, you can also choose to stay slightly away from the airport. A few miles away and 5-10 minutes drive you have many more options. Some of these are as following:
- Sfo Airport Hotel, El Rancho Inn, BW Signature Collection
- Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport
- Aloft San Francisco Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
- Vagabond Inn Executive – San Francisco Airport Bayfront (SFO)
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport