Sacramento International Airport
County Airport System, 6900 Airport Blvd,
Sacramento, CA 95837, United States of America
Tel: +1 (0) 916 9295411
IATA code: SMF
ICAO code: KSMF
SMF Arrivals today
About Sacramento international airport arrivals
The airport started in 1967 with Sacramento flight arrivals. This airport is located 10 miles northwest of downtown Sacramento in Sacramento country, California United States. This airport covered 6000 acres and has 2 parallel runways to cover all SMF airport arrivals. This is one of the largest airports in the area that connects millions of passengers in a year. This airport is owned by Sacramento Country Airport System.
Facilities of Sacramento Airport
After Sacramento Airport arrivals the terminal provides excellent facilities to its passengers. The airport offers ATM’s, rental car facility and a lot of shops and food options. You get a free mobile charging point so you won’t worry about connection. You can also get baby care facilities, baggage trolleys, and also quiet the room. Other you get here many option and facilities to help your enjoyable experience when you have SMF flight arrivals.
There are 2 runway for the SMF arrivals:
- Runway 17L/35R is 8600 feet in length made up of concrete
- Runway 17R/35L is 8600 feet in length made up of concrete.
- Runway 17R/35L was closed from April 2019 to October 2019 because of renovation which replaces asphalt with concrete.
Sacramento Airport Terminals
Sacramento arrivals start at one of the 32 gates and eventually one of the 2 terminals. It depends on which airline you fly with.
- Terminal A has over a dozen of gates where you can find plenty of places where you can enjoy a crowd-free experience while planning to fly with American, delta and United airlines have Sacramento flight arrivals and operate through terminal A. In terminal A you get plenty of options of food and clothing options.
Sacramento terminal A map
- Terminal B is the larger terminal and has 20 gates. You get tons of options for dining and shopping.
Ground transportation at Sacramento Airport
There are several Sacramento Airport arrivals road or rail:
- By road – This airport is accessed by interstate 5 at exit 528. So you can use the rental car service offers by the airport. There are some parking options:
- Hourly parking: this is in place 3 just in front of Terminal B. There are 725 places available here. Here you can park for $4 per hour with a maximum rate of $29 per day.
- Parking Garage: this is located at number 1, just in front of Terminal A. This garage has space for more than 5000 cars. You can also park here for $4 per hour, but the daily rate is a lot cheaper at $18. This garage is only accessible for vehicles not larger than 8’2″. You should be able to charge your electric vehicle.
- Hourly parking: this is number 2 on the map. It is adjacent to the parking garage. With almost 3000 vehicles, this is also a large parking lot. There is a daily rate of $12. Because it is located just a little further from the terminal, you can use the shuttle service.
- Economy parking: this is divided into east (number 4) and west (number 5). A rate of $10 per day applies to both, which also includes a shuttle bus to the terminal of the site.
- Cell phone lot: this is at economy lot west. You can wait there before you drive to the curbside in front of the terminal to pick up passengers.
- By bus – Yolo bus no. 42 connected to the airport and Sacramento regional transit bus no. 142 directly come from downtown Sacramento.
- By rail – Sacramento regional transit bus will provide a rail link so you can use rail transport.
- Car rental: opposite economy parking east is the rental car facility. You can easily travel here with the rental car shuttles from ground level. This is at both terminal A and terminal B. There are several car rental agencies such as National, Avis, Hertz, Zipcar and Budget.
Most of the airlines are American and have domestic routes. The following airlines have Sacramento Airport arrivals:
- Air Canada Express
- Alaska airlines
- Boutique air
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier airlines
- Hawaiian express
- Jet blue
- Southwest airlines
- Spirit airlines
- United airlines
Sacramento Airport destinations
Most of the Southwest Airlines flights go to Denver in Colorado. Other important and busy flight routes:
- Las Vegas Nevada
- Seattle Washington
- San Diego Airport
- Dallas Texas
- Los Angeles in California
- Santa Ana John Wayne
- Salt Lake City
Best places to visit in Sacramento
There are a lot of places that you can visit after Sacramento arrivals at the airport.
- California state railroad museum: his museum occupies a large 2,00,000 square feet area and one of the world’s largest rail museums.
- Old Sacramento: it covers 28 acres, this is a historic building designated as a national historic landmark.
- California automobile museum: if you love cars then this is the ideal place to visit, this museum displays a collection of 120 vintage vehicles from 1885–2011.
- Sacramento zoo:perfect place for animal lovers where you can see a lot of species like lions, jaguars etc.
The first available hotels are about 6 miles away and a 10-minute drive.
- Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, an IHG Hotel
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas
- Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area