Frederick Douglass – Greater Rochester International Airport
Address: 1200 Brooks Ave, Rochester, NY 14624, United States
Airport code: ROC
Elevation: 540 ft
Hub for: Wiggins Airways
Number of runways: 3
ROC Departures today
Discover Greater Rochester departures in detail
Greater Rochester International Airport is a public airport and located within the city of Rochester. It is located 3 miles southwest of Downtown. It serves Rochester, New York. Monroe County Airport Authority is the operator of this airport. This airport is a hub for Wiggins Airways who operate mainly in the northeast for cargo freight. There were 822,000 passenger ROC flight departures in 2020. All passengers in this popular airport get the highest possible convenience and make certain a good improvement in their travel as expected. They think smart and follow guidelines to enhance the travel while the pandemic is still active.
Location of Rochester Airport
Everyone with an expectation to know about the exact location of the Rochester Airport can contact the official website of this airport. The mailing address of this airport is as follows.
- 1200 Brooks Ave, Rochester, NY 14624, United States
Rochester Airport Transportation
There are so many categories of transportation facilities accessible by everyone who has decided to have Rochester airport departures. Rochester Transit Service is used to service this airport throughout the day. You can focus on the bus schedules at the visitors information booth and decide on how to reach your location on time.
Car rental counters accessible at the Frederick Douglass Greater Rochester International Airport are very helpful to all passengers. These counters are located on the lower level which is adjacent to the baggage claim area. The two main categories of airport car rentals are on-airport car rentals and off-airport car rentals. So after you arrive yo can have quick ROC airport departures with your rental car.
Taxicabs stage curbside located at Rochester Airport for ground transportation from this airport make all passengers comfortable. You can access the taxi cab starter booth before the main terminal, lower level, and center entrance way. Limousine services in the Rochester area satisfy all business people and professionals. Two ride-share companies Uber and Lyft provide cheaper ground transportation services from and to this airport to have a great start before Rochester NY airport departures.
There are several options, but not all are always open. So keep an eye on the official website of Greater Rochester Airport for current openings.
- Garage Parking: Park just in front of the Rochester Airport terminal. For the first 2 hours you pay $4 and this slowly increases with a max of $16 per day. If you park on the top floor (uncovered) then it is a bit cheaper.
- Hourly parking: this is a small location but very close to the terminal. Handy to park for a few hours or less. The first half hour is $2 and every half hour after that is $1 extra. There is a maximum of $24 per day.
- Weekly Parking: this uncovered area is ideal for a long weekend or a whole week. The daily rate is only $12 and a weekly rate of $72 is a great deal. It is still on walking distance to the terminal’s.
- On-Airport Shuttle Parking Lot: This is the cheapest option if Economy shuttle lot is closed. You only pay $8 per day. This is therefore ideal for long-term parking.
- For pick up or drop off you can use Cell Phone Waiting Lot. When the passengers from the baggage claim walk out and they call, you can be ready at the curbside within a few minutes. At this location there is free WiFi and EV charging station.
Rochester international airport departures are at 2 asphalt and 1 concrete runways.
- Runway 4/22 with 8,000 ft
- Runway 7/25 with 4,000 ft
- 10/28 with 6,400 ft
These are the main runways of the Rochester Airport. For bigger airplanes will only the first mentioned runway be used. That’s often with international flights or busy flight routes.
Terminals at Greater Rochester Airport
There is one passenger terminal with 2 concourses for all ROC departures. Concourse A is the Frederick Douglass Concourse. Concourse B is the Susan B. Anthony Concourse. You can access the passenger drop off before the passenger terminal. By entering the terminal you go first to check-in if you haven’t already online and only have hand luggage. Next you go through security to access Greater Rochester Airport departures hall. You will board at one of the to Concourses.
Airlines that use that airport often
Most of the Greater Rochester departures are domestic and currently and successfully served by:
- United Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- Southwest Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- American Airlines
Destinations from Rochester Airport
Rochester Airport provides non-stop Rochester NY departures to Minneapolis, Chicago, and Atlanta. Please see the full list:
Direct flight routes
Chicago–O’Hare, Illinois is also the busiest route with the carriers American Airlines and United Airlines. The top list will be completed by the following airports:
- Washington National DCA
- Houston George Bush
- LaGuardia New York
Rochester International Airport passenger statistics
Rochester Airport is a small hub airport with a qualified team to handle 120 flights on average per day with nineteen non-stop destinations. This airport serves 2.5 million passengers every year. In 2020 there have been a passenger drop because of the corona virus. Only 822 thousand (passengers) used ROC flight departures.
Many passengers like to use a hotel for an early flight the next day. Fairfield Inn by Marriott Rochester Airport is an ideal option for that. If you still want to stay somewhere else, we can also recommend the following hotels in the area:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
- Red Roof Inn Rochester – Airport
- Motel 6 Rochester, NY – Airport