Richmond International Airport
Address: 1 Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr, Richmond, VA 23250, United States
Airport code: RIC
Elevation: 167 ft
Phone: +1 804-226-3000
Serves: Richmond-Petersburg VA
RIC Departures today
Find Out Richmond international airport departures
If you want to explore the town of Virginia in the United States but do not know how to get there, you should know the Richmond airport. This airport is located in the unincorporated County of Henrico is the most convenient for you to travel around Virginia. You can know in detail the airport facilities so that you can take a national or international Richmond departures.
Top flight routes
Richmond International Airport is established by the CRAC in 1927 for the first Richmond flight departures. It belongs to the state of Virginia. This airport has grown on a large scale since its founding to keep increasing the RIC airport departures. In 2000 and 2005, it was expanded. It is an airport that can accommodate more than 4 million passengers a year.
The airport is recognized for its great performance for central Virginia and as the third-largest in Washington DC. The domestic Richmond VA airport departures offered by the airport are highlighted by airlines such as American Airlines and United Express.
Location for Richmond airport departures
You can find Richmond International Airport 7 miles from downtown Richmond. This airport is located in Henrico County, which has not yet been incorporated into the locality.
Richmond Airport ground transportation
For you to enter or exit the Richmond airport facilities in Virginia, you will have to use these means of transportation:
- Car Rental: you can rent cars just outside the airport for RIC departures so you can go downtown to Richmond. In less than 30 minutes you will arrive in the city to see a series of hotels to stay.
- Public transportation can also be a great option if you want to save a lot of money. You can take one of the many routes for Richmond departures that are found on the sides of the airport station.
- There are various parking options at the airport. Valet parking is just next to the terminal where you can handle over your car and pick it up again. For nearby parking options you can park your car in one of the two available garages. They will charge you hourly or daily for these garages. When staying long term we suggest to park your car at the other side of Airport Drive at Economy A or B parking. Use the Cell Phone Lot when picking up some passengers and you are too early. It is free of use.
Tracks at Richmond Airport
Richmond International Airport covers more than 1,000 hectares of land in which you can find two runways for Richmond flight departures:
- Runway 16/34 is 9,003 feet long for RIC airport departures with bigger airplanes.
- Runway 20/2 is 6,600 feet long.
Richmond Airport Terminal
Since its construction in the 1920’s for its first Richmond airport departures, the airport had a small terminal that was expanded in 2005. The terminal built in 2005 has 22 boarding gates for RIC departures, a parking area, and a large control tower. This new terminal has two floors in which you can see many open areas, a playground, food, etc.
If you want to fly from Richmond International Airport, you can take airlines for Richmond departures such as:
- American Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- Breeze Airways
- American Eagle
- Delta Air Lines
- Spirit Airlines
- United Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
In case you want to request cargo Richmond flight departures from Richmond airport, you can have it with:
- UPS Airlines for destinations such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Norfolk, and Louisville.
- DHL Aviation for destinations like Greensboro and Cincinnati.
- Amazon Air for destinations such as San Juan, Lakeland, Fort Worth, and Cincinnati.
- FedEx Express for destinations like Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Indianapolis.
For the period 2020-2022, the most requested commercial airlines from the airport with RIC airport departures:
- American Airlines have more than 245 thousand passengers, Southwest Airlines with more than 103 thousand passengers, and JetBlue with more than 95 thousand passengers. You can give priority to any of these airlines for you to take domestic destinations.
Flight routes Richmond Airport
For you to leave the Richmond airport in Virginia, you must choose between the following destinations for Richmond airport departures:
- Dallas, Texas
- Miami, Florida
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Chicago, Illinois
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Orlando, Florida
- Washington- Dulles
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
You can prepare your bags on international flights to go to New Orleans and soon Mexico from RIC.
The Sheraton Richmond Airport Hotel is located at the Economy parking lot. This is the only one so close to the airport. Many other hotels are also possible at some but also a short distance. Some with good reviews include the following:
- Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Richmond Airport
- Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, an IHG Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond Airport