RIC Departures today
Address: 1 Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr, Richmond, VA 23250, United States
Height: 51 m
Phone: +1 804-226-3000
Serves: Richmond-Petersburg VA
Find Out Richmond international airport departures
If you want to explore the town of Virginia in the United States but do not know how to get there, you should know the Richmond airport. This airport located in the unincorporated County of Henrico is the most important for you to travel around Virginia. You can know in detail the airport facilities so that you can take a national or international Richmond departures.
Richmond International Airport was established by the CRAC in 1927 for Richmond flight departures and belonged to the state of Virginia. This airport has grown on a large scale since its founding to keep increasing the RIC airport departures. In 2000 and 2005, it was expanded. It is an airport that has accommodated more than 4 million passengers a year, for which it is well recognized.
The airport is recognized for its great performance for central Virginia and as the third-largest in Washington DC. The domestic Richmond VA airport departures offered by the airport are highlighted by airlines such as American Airlines and United Express.
Location for Richmond airport departures
You can find Richmond International Airport 11 kilometers from downtown Richmond. This airport is located in Henrico County, which has not yet been incorporated into the locality.
For you to enter or exit the Richmond airport facilities in Virginia, you will have to use these means of transportation:
• You can rent cars just outside the airport for RIC departures so you can go downtown to Richmond. In less than 30 minutes you will arrive in the city to see a series of hotels to stay.
• Public transportation can also be a great option if you want to save a lot of money. You can take one of the many routes for Richmond departures that are found on the sides of the airport station.
Richmond International Airport covers more than 1,000 hectares of land in which you can find two runways for Richmond flight departures:
• Runway 16/34 is 9,003 feet long for RIC airport departures with bigger airplanes.
• Runway 20/2 is 6,600 feet long.
Since its construction in the 1920s for its first Richmond airport departures, the airport had a small terminal that was expanded in 2005. The terminal built in 2005 has 22 boarding gates for RIC departures, a parking area, and a large control tower. This new terminal has two floors in which you can see many open areas, a playground, food, etc.
If you want to fly from Richmond International Airport, you can take airlines for Richmond departures such as:
• American Airlines
• Allegiant Air
• Breeze Airways
• American Eagle
• Delta Airlines
• Delta Connection
• Spirit Airlines
• United Express
• United Airlines
• Southwest Airlines
In case you want to request cargo Richmond flight departures from Richmond airport, you can have it with:
• UPS Airlines for destinations such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Norfolk, and Louisville.
• DHL Aviation for destinations like Greensboro and Cincinnati.
• Amazon Air for destinations such as San Juan, Lakeland, Fort Worth, and Cincinnati.
• FedEx Express for destinations like Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Indianapolis.
For the period 2020-2021, the most requested commercial airlines from the airport with RIC airport departures:
- American Airlines have more than 245 thousand passengers, Southwest Airlines with more than 103 thousand passengers, and JetBlue with more than 95 thousand passengers. You can give priority to any of these airlines for you to take domestic destinations.
For you to leave the Richmond airport in Virginia, you must choose between the following destinations for Richmond airport departures:
• Dallas, Texas
• Chicago, Illinois.
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
You can prepare your bags on international flights to go to New Orleans and soon Mexico from RIC.