Raleigh–Durham International Airport
Address: 2400 John Brantley Blvd, Morrisville, NC 27560
Phone: (919) 840-2123
FAA MEMBER: RDU
RDU Departures today
Know about the Raleigh–Durham Airport departures
The Raleigh–Durham Airport is located just about 4.5 miles away from Morrisville in Wake County in North Carolina. This airport is semi-large in the US, covering an area traversing 4,929 acres. It’s well equipped and designed. This airport has three runways for Raleigh airport departures to international and domestic destinations. This airport goes on to see about 352 flights daily during normal circumstances. 2019 saw the passenger traffic more than 14-million plus people followed by a big drop in 2020. The flight departures increased again in 2021.
Transportation system at Raleigh–Durham Airport
So are you flying into this International Airport and trying to learn about the transportation system of RDU. Well, they have got several ground transportation choices that include:
- Ride-sharing: Lyft, Uber, and Wingz customers may meet the drivers at some Pre-Arranged Zones somewhere outside baggage claims at every terminal to have RDU airport departures to the cities for your final destination.
- Bus and Railways: continuing the journey via rail and bus at terminal 1 with GoTriangle Raleigh departures at zone 2 and at terminal 2 around zone 6. Other departures are with Greyhound and Amtrak.
- The Hotel Shuttles: most of the bigger hotels provide Durham airport departures by shuttle services to their hotel.
- Car rental: the car rental agencies are located near the terminals. Courtesy shuttles are provided from the terminal to the offices. These are ready at zone 4 or zone 5.
You always park close to the airport. The RDU Premier Parking option is the most convenient. The fastest in the terminal and the car is in a covered parking garage. Park here for $5 an hour or $26 a day. In this garage there is also ParkRDU Central Parking. Slightly cheaper but still a good option to get to ticketing quickly. There are covered places but also outdoor spaces on top of the roof of the garage. This is also called short term parking and ideal for a few days. If you want to park longer, the Economy long term parking option is perfect for you. This is near the airport site. By means of free shuttle buses that provide 24/7 service. The Economy 3 Rate is $1 per hour and $11 per day. Economy 4 is not always open. Keep that in mind.
Raleigh–Durham Airport terminal
It has three runways (one new one is planned) and a couple of passenger terminals alongside three concourses (i.e., Concourse A in Terminal 1, also Concourses D & C in Terminal 2).
Terminal 1 has nine gates for RDU flight departures. Formerly built in 1955, the terminal’s expanded in the year 1982 into what’s now a present-day terminal. Terminal 2 has 36 gates for, 4 of which are the international Raleigh airport departures. The terminal happened to open in phases between the years 2008 & 2011 and replaced the former Terminal C that’s built between the years 1985 – 1987 for none other than the American Airlines hub.
Airlines Terminal 1:
Airlines Terminal 2:
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- JetBlue Airways
- Sun Country
- United Airlines
Map Terminal 2 ticketing, departures area and baggage claim
The terminal features lounges like the Admirals Club, Delta Sky Club for American, United Club, United, and the Delta regular flyers, respectively.
Ten commercial carriers happen to fly between RDU and the destinations in Canada, United States, Mexico, Europe, and the Bahamas.
Airlines and destinations from Raleigh–Durham International Airport
- Air Canada Express has RDU departures from Toronto–Pearson and Seattle Airport Departures SEA, Montréal–Trudeau
- Alaska Airlines flies to Seattle/Tacoma
- Allegiant Air has flights to New Orleans, Punta Gorda, Orlando/Sanford, St. Petersburg and Clearwater
- American Airlines operate and flies to Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago–O’Hare, London–Heathrow, Miami, New York to LaGuardia, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Washington–National and Phoenix–Sky Harbor
- American Eagle has RDU airport departures to Boston, New York–JFK, Chicago–O’Hare, New York–LaGuardia, Pittsburgh Airport PIT, Philadelphia, Washington–National
Other significant Aircraft that operate from this airport are as follows:
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
Raleigh–Durham Airport passenger statistics
Raleigh-Durham International Airport serves the Research Triangle area of North Carolina, handling over 14 million passengers yearly. And the numbers are only expected to increase with the passage of years. That prognoses are still alive when the pandemic is over. That probably will take longer than a few years after 2021.
Most RDU flight departures go to Atlanta with Frontier, Delta and Southwest. Other not mentioned destinations are also among the most popular: Denver, Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale and Newark.
If you want to stay in a hotel first because you have an early flight the next morning, that’s a good idea. Within a mile of the terminals, there are numerous hotels located along I-40. Easy to reach and fast to the airport by using an airport shuttle. Some good options to choose from:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Raleigh-Durham Airport, NC
- Cambria Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport
- Sonesta ES Suites Raleigh Durham Airport Morrisville
- Hampton Inn Raleigh/Durham Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Days Inn by Wyndham Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park
- Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Morrisville, an IHG Hotel