Raleigh–Durham International Airport
Address: 2400 John Brantley Blvd, Morrisville, NC 27560
Phone: (919) 840-2123
FAA MEMBER: RDU
RDU Departures today
Know about the Raleigh–Durham Airport departures
The Raleigh–Durham Airport is located just about 4.5 miles away from Morrisville in Wake County in North Carolina. This airport is semi-large in the US, covering an area traversing 4,929 acres. It’s well equipped and designed. This airport has three runways for Raleigh airport departures to international and domestic destinations. This airport goes on to see about 352 flights daily during normal circumstances. 2019 saw the passenger traffic more than 14-million plus people followed by a big drop in 2020. The flight departures increased again in 2021.
Transportation system at Raleigh–Durham Airport
So are you flying into this International Airport and trying to learn about the transportation system of RDU. Well, they have got several ground transportation choices that include:
- Ride-sharing: Lyft, Uber, and Wingz customers may meet the drivers at some Pre-Arranged Zones somewhere outside baggage claims at every terminal to have RDU airport departures to the cities for your final destination.
- Bus and Railways: continuing the journey via rail and bus at terminal 1 with GoTriangle Raleigh departures at zone 2 and at terminal 2 around zone 6. Other departures are with Greyhound and Amtrak.
- The Hotel Shuttles: most of the bigger hotels provide Durham airport departures by shuttle services to their hotel.
Raleigh–Durham Airport terminal
It has three runways (one new one is planned) and a couple of passenger terminals alongside three concourses (i.e., Concourse A in Terminal 1, also Concourses D & C in Terminal 2).
Terminal 1 has nine gates for RDU flight departures. Formerly built in 1955, the terminal’s expanded in the year 1982 into what’s now a present-day terminal. Terminal 2 has 36 gates for, 4 of which are the international Raleigh airport departures. The terminal happened to open in phases between the years 2008 & 2011 and replaced the former Terminal C that’s built between the years 1985 – 1987 for none other than the American Airlines hub.
The terminal features the likes of Admirals Club, Delta Sky Club for American, United Club, United, and the Delta regular flyers, respectively.
Airlines and destinations from Raleigh–Durham International Airport
- Air Canada Express has RDU departures from Toronto–Pearson and Seattle Airport Departures SEA, Montréal–Trudeau
- Alaska Airlines flies to Seattle/Tacoma
- Allegiant Air has flights to New Orleans, Punta Gorda, Orlando/Sanford, St. Petersburg and Clearwater
- American Airlines operate and flies to Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago–O’Hare, London–Heathrow, Miami, New York to LaGuardia, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Washington–National and Phoenix–Sky Harbor
- American Eagle has RDU airport departures to Boston, New York–JFK, Chicago–O’Hare, New York–LaGuardia, Pittsburgh Airport PIT, Philadelphia, Washington–National
Other significant Aircraft that operate from this airport are as follows:
- Delta Air Lines
- Delta Connection
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
Raleigh–Durham Airport passenger statistics
Raleigh-Durham International Airport serves the Research Triangle area of North Carolina, handling over 14 million passengers yearly. And the numbers are only expected to increase with the passage of years. That prognoses are still alive when the pandemic is over. That probably will take longer than a few years after 2021.