Raleigh–Durham International Airport
PO Box 80001, RDU Airport,
NC 27623-0001, USA
Tel: +1 (1) 919 8407700
Fax: +1 (1) 919 8400175
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
IATA code: RDU
ICAO code: KRDU
RDU Arrivals today
About Raleigh Durham Airport Arrivals
Raleigh Durham Airport is the main international airport that is located in Raleigh, Durham. The airport is also near the triangle of North Carolina. The entire Raleigh Durham airport covers an area of 5000 acres. It has three runways and two terminals for all Raleigh airport arrivals. RDU controls the airport administration and operations. For the first time, the airport started in 1929 in the south part of the town. But later, the operations grew. And, a new airport had to be constructed, which was inaugurated in 1943 for RDU flight arrivals.
Airlines of Raleigh Durham airport
There is a great number of airlines that serve RDU airport arrivals. After 2008, depression cut off many airlines their flights as there was a significant drop in the number of passengers. But, slowly, the airlines started their flights back, and today several flights run to and from Raleigh Durham airport. Unfortunately in 2020 a pandemic started to decrease the amount of Durham airport arrivals.
The most common airlines that have flights running from with Raleigh arrivals are:
- Delta Air Lines
- Southwest Airlines
- American Airlines
- JetBlue, etc.
- Seattle Tacoma
- JFK New York
- Charlotte Douglas
- Dallas Love Field
- Washington Ronald Reagan
- Newark New Jersey
- Los Angeles
- New York LaGuardia
- Orlando Sanford
- San Juan, etc.
RDU arrivals terminals
There are a total of two terminals at the Raleigh Durham airport. There are in total of 45 gates at the terminal 1 and 2. Both the terminals are not air-side joint, which means one will have to take a shuttle bus to reach from terminal to another. The non-cleared flights of airlines flying in from international airports will have RDU flight arrivals at terminal 2. There are 36 gates at terminal 2 and 9 gates at terminal 1.
Map terminal 1 baggage claim level
The airlines that service terminal 1 are southwest. Other than that, all the airlines that fly in from international destinations arrive at terminal 2.
The airport of Raleigh Durham has two cargo terminals as well. The south cargo terminal is for commercial cargo RDU airport arrivals, and the north terminal is for cargo airlines like UPS and FedEx. The busiest route in 2020 were Atlanta, Denver, Charlotte, and Dallas. The most used airlines were frontier, delta, American, and southwest.
Ground transportation at Raleigh–Durham Airport
Those with Raleigh Durham airport arrivals can get transportation from the airport to their destination. One can book their transportation beforehand; the provider will pick up the traveler from the baggage claiming area of both terminals 1 and 2.
One can either get a taxi from the airport or bus transport to the city. Those looking for a more self-dependent traveling option can rent a car as well.
- Raleigh arrivals by taxi service: The RDU taxi service can help those who want to reach their destination with no hassle. One can choose their type of transportation and can book a taxi beforehand.
- Bus transportation: One can reach the city transit center or the railway station by RDU shuttle services. There are various services like go triangle, Amtrak and Greyhound for RDU arrivals.
- Rental car service: One can choose to rent a car from various private rental services like Alamo, Budget, Avis, Advantage, Payless, etc. Either book beforehand or book from the accommodation and reservation board near baggage claim. One can take a green rental shuttle from the zone 4 and 5 from terminal 1 and 2.
- Hotel shuttles: Those who have made their hotel booking in the city’s triangle region can call after Raleigh airport arrivals for their hotel shuttle to the airport. The best way to do this is by the accommodation and reservation board at baggage claim or tell them your time of arrival including flight number.
There are many parking options, but not all of them are always open. It is therefore important to book in advance on the official website of the airport, especially for Economy parking. However, the main locations are always open and that is Premier, Central and Economy parking.
- Premier Parking: this is the best location to park your car. Handy for business people or passengers who are simply in a hurry or who want to be in the terminal soon after arrival to check in or go through security for boarding. On ParkRDU Premier you have ground level parking and covered spaces. There is direct access to both terminals of the airport. The price is $5 per hour or $26 a day.
- Central Parking: park in the large garage located between the two terminals. It is an ideal short term parking solution. You pay $3 per hour with a maximum rate of $17 per day.
- Economy Parking: for those who want long-term parking can use Economy Lot. In general, Economy Lot 4 is only open when it is busy and therefore mainly Economy 3 will be used. You can quickly reach the terminals by means of a short shuttle bus ride. It costs only $1 per hour or $11 per day. The address for ParkRDU Economy 3 is: 1020 National Guard Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560.
Head southwest on Airport Blvd. Just on both sides of the I-40, there are about twenty options. Some with good reviews are:
- Four Points by Sheraton – Raleigh-Durham Airport
- Tru By Hilton Raleigh Durham Airport
- Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh-Durham Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh – Durham Airport / RTP
- La Quinta by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Intl AP
- Sonesta Select Raleigh Durham Airport Morrisville
- Holiday Inn Raleigh Durham Airport, an IHG Hotel