Rhode Island T. F. Green International Airport
Address: | 2000 Post Road, Warwick, RI 02886
Tel: +1 (0) 888 2687222 / (401) 691 – 2471
Owner: State of Rhode Island
IATA code: PVD
ICAO code: KPVD
PVD Arrivals today
All the prior information you may need your Providence Arrivals
Find all the information regarding Providence Airport, officially named T.F. Green Airport, whether you are looking forward Providence arrivals or taking a flight. This guide will help you know about Flights, Arrivals, Transportation, and several other info. T.F. Green Airport stands for Theodore Francis Green Memorial State Airport, the chief international Airport serving Providence, the County Kent, Rhode Island, in the U.S.
The Providence Airport is comfortably placed in the center of Warwick, 6 miles south of the Providence city center, the state’s capital and one of the largest cities in Rhode Island.
Destinations From Providence Airport
The top 13 domestic routes with T.F. Green Airport arrivals include:
- Charlotte Douglas
- Atlanta Jackson Atlanta
- Houston George Bush
- Fort Lauderdale
Ground transportation at the airport
This airport has got the following options of transportation after TF Green arrivals when in the city for example:
- Bus: For individuals who want to transfer via public transportation, this airport offers a couple of alternatives like RIPTA buses 1, 14, 20 and 66 that go to the airport from places like Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Newport, Narragansett, Greenwich, and Kingstown.
- Taxi/Rideshare: It’s possible to move downtown Providence in only 15 min. Pick-Up is at the lower level of the terminal and and Drop-Off is at the upper level.
- Train: The Interlink Train often departs from this Airport to numerous locations right within Rhode Island. You can travel by Amtrak train to Boston, New York City and downtown Providence.
- Car rental: Find yourself the best alternative to rent the car at Airport after PVD flight arrivals. The car rental agencies are located in an InterLink facility. This can be reached from the terminal via a Skywalk. Pay attention to the signings to go here.
There are two garages, a short term and long term parking lot.
- Parking Garage A: This location is the closest for parking. The garage is even adjacent to the terminal, which is directly accessible via a walkway. At Level 2 there are possibilities to charge your electric vehicle. Parking per hour costs $6 and there is a daily rate of $32.
- Parking Garage B: It is adjacent to Garage A and therefore just a little further from the terminal. It costs $25 a day to park here.
- Parking Lot D: this is a short term parking lot just opposite the terminal. It is also widely used for a pick up or drop off. With only a maximum daily rate of $25, it is a good alternative to long term parking. The starting rate starts at $6 and thus increases slowly.
- Parking Lot E: this is a long term parking lot. It is a little further than the other parking locations, but it is also the cheapest at $17 per day and a weekly rate of $85. Free shuttle buses run constantly between this parking location and the terminal.
- Downtown Providence: Enter the T.F. Green Airport Connector Rd from Warwick Industrial Dr, Main Ave and US-1 N/Post Rd
for 2.8 miles. Take I-95 N to Dave Gavitt Way in Providence. Take exit 21 from I-95 N for 8.5 miles. Take Broadway, Empire St and Washington St to your destination.
- Cape Cod and Hyannis: Go the T.F. Green Airport Connector Rd from Warwick Industrial Dr, Main Ave and US-1 N/Post Rd for 2.8 miles. Take I-95 N, I-195 E, MA-25 E and US-6 E to MA-132 S/Iyannough Rd in Barnstable. Take exit 68 from US-6 E. 78.5 miles. Follow MA-132 S/Iyannough Rd to your destination
- Newport: Enter I-95 S from Warwick Industrial Dr and Main Ave for 3.5 miles. Take RI-4 S and RI-138 E to RI-238 S in Newport. Take the exit toward Downtown/Newport from RI-138 E for 23.6 miles. Continue on RI-238 S. Take Thames St to Court House St.
- Enter I-95 S from Warwick Industrial Dr and Main Ave for 3.5 miles. Follow I-95 S to North Stonington. Take Exit 93 from I-95 S
28.5 miles. Follow CT-184 W, CT-2 W and CT-2A W to Sandy Desert Rd in Montville for 19.6 miles.
Providence Airport Terminal
Providence Airport offers vacation charters & regional jet services to numerous destinations in the United States and some connections worldwide. The Providence airport consists of one passenger terminal alongside two concourses for Providence flight arrivals. Those concourses called North and South. Together there are 22 gates which number 7 and 8 are designed for international arrivals. Those are at the lower level.
Providence Intl. Airport Terminal is the two-level terminal building which is distributed as follows:
- Level 1 with TF Green airport arrivals hall, baggage claim and ground transportation.
- Level 2 is departure hall, check-in and boarding.
Map arrivals hall
The Providence International Airport consists of a couple of concourses:
- The South Concourse with the boarding gates from 1 – 8.
- The North Concourse with the boarding gates from 9 – 22.
- Runway 5/23 8,700 ft and made of asphalt
- Runway 16/34 6,080 ft and made of asphalt
Airlines and destinations
- Air Canada Express-It operates on a seasonal basis to Toronto–Pearson.
- Allegiant Air have a seasonal flight that flies for Cincinnati, Punta Gorda (F.L.), Myrtle Beach
- American Airlines has PVD arrivals from Philadelphia, Charlotte
- American Eagle flies to Charlotte, Philadelphia, Chicago–O’Hare, Washington–National
- Delta Air Lines has seasonal Providence airport arrivals from Atlanta
- Delta Connection has the route to Detroit
- Frontier Airlines takes passengers to Miami, Orlando
- JetBlue has multiple routes and PVD airport arrivals from Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach
Some of the other major flights that operate are as follows
- Southwest Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Express
Providence Airport Passenger Stats
The Passenger traffic at Providence Airport fell nearly 7% in 2019, the first yearly decline ever since 2015, as per figures released via Rhode Island Airport Corp.
Last year 3.99 million travelers flew in and out of the Providence airport. In 2020 it dropped massively to 1,311,597 passengers. However, the Providence flight arrivals are now rising back, with Covid cases going down.
One of the most popular downtown hotels is Omni Providence Hotel. There are several hotels close to the airport. Some of them are even within walking distance and others can be easily reached with a shuttle bus service. Some of them are as following:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Warwick-Providence (Airport)
- Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
- Best Western Airport Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Providence Airport Warwick
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Providence-Warwick