Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
Address: 1000 Airport Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15231, United States
Airport code: PIT
Elevation: 1000 ft
Phone: +1 412-472-3525
PIT Departures today
Discover Pittsburgh international airport departures
If you want to travel to Pennsylvania from any corner of the United States, you should arrive at Pittsburgh airport. This is one of the most distinguished international airports in the area for you to visit and admire for a moment. The Pittsburgh airport stands out for accommodating 10 million passengers per year, marking its first Pittsburgh departures in 1920’s.
You can learn about the airport’s location, how to get out of there and what type of transportation you will have available. This airport can offer you luxurious Pittsburgh international departures for you to go there and start your adventure.
Busiest flight routes
- New York LaGuardia
- New York John F. Kennedy
- Chicago O’Hare
- Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson
- New York Newark
- Charlotte Douglas
- Boston Logan
- Detroit Metro
About Pittsburgh Airport
The Pittsburgh International Airport, located between Moom Township and Findlay Township, opened in 1952 and had its first Pittsburgh flight departures. It is a civil-military airport located about 9 miles from downtown Pittsburgh in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. The New York Times magazine recognized the facility as the “airport of the future.”
By 2010 the international airport expanded its operations to include more than 16 airlines. In later years the Pittsburgh airport has been remodeled to accommodate domestic and foreign travelers.
Pittsburgh Airport Location
Pittsburgh airport is located between Findlay Township and Moon Township in the fifth most populous state in North America, Pennsylvania. This airport works very well for the Greater Pittsburgh, Ohio, and West Virginia region to have PIT international airport departures. You can travel less than 10 miles from downtown Pittsburgh to the airport if you head west via the I-376 E.
Pittsburgh Airport Transportation
If you have Pittsburgh airport flight departures, you can take some means of transportation to go to the city center:
- You can locate the PIT service at exit 53 that goes to western terminus Pennsylvania route 573 and interstate 376. Easily to travel around by taxi or ride share like Uber or Lyft.
- If you want Pittsburgh airport departures by public transportation to downtown Pittsburgh, you can take it on bus route 28x. You can take less than 30 minutes to your destination if you take this means of transport.
- Grayline from Mountain Line transit is also available outside of Pittsburgh for you to go to the airport. There are PIT departures for you by train line from Morgantown, Waynesburg, Clarksburg, Fairmont, and Pennsylvania. Other options are Budget Charters, Campbell Bus Lines, Lenzner Coach Lines and Roenigk Coach Company.
- The rental car companies have counters in the terminal. These are on the level of baggage claim at the landside terminal. The vehicles are just a short walk from to terminal at the garage. These cars are located on the first level.
- There are five different parking options. The closest is Gold Key which also has a monthly service or just $30 daily. This is located next to the terminal. Short Term Parking Garage is right in front of the terminal. Slightly cheaper but mostly covered for $26 per day or $4 per 30 minutes. Long Term Parking is located behind the garages. For $16 a day, this is a good option if you want to park the car from weekend to week. The first hour is free. A little further away are Extended and Economy Parking. Ideal for longer stays for $7 per day. There are no shuttles services but one can walk to the long term parking with a short walk where there is a moving walkway to get to the terminal faster.
The Pittsburgh International Airport has four runways for Pittsburgh departures that are located east-west and one that is a crosswind. 10R, 10L identifies these runways, and 28R is divided into different categories to accommodate the aircraft. The Pittsburgh Airport has three huge runways of 10,775 feet, 10,500 feet and 11,500 feet. There is also a smaller one which is 14/32 and 8,100 ft.
Terminals at Pittsburgh Airport
When you arrive at the Pittsburgh airport, you will be surprised by how huge its facilities are, divided into four lobbies. Lobby A and B have 25 doors in addition to having several national airlines to start Pittsburgh flight departures. Lobby C has 11 doors, while Lobby D has 14 gates for domestic destinations.
If you arrive at the Pittsburgh airport from any foreign country, you will pass through lobby C. This airport includes the Club Lounge for 2017, located in lobby C and where you will find several commercial stores when you have PIT flight departures.
You can make the reservation for Pittsburgh airport departures with the airlines such as:
- Allegiant Air
- American Airlines
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- Breeze Airways
- Boutique Air
- Delta Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Southern Airways Express
- Spirit Airlines
- United Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
Destinations at Pittsburgh Airport
The most popular domestic PIT departures from the Pittsburgh are:
- Denver, Colorado
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Tampa, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Southwest Florida Fort Myers, Florida
If you want to go to other countries from the Pittsburgh airport, you can take one of these Pittsburgh departures:
- Montreal, Canada
- Toronto, Canada
- Cancun, Mexico (coming soon)
If you really want to stay very close to the airport, there is really only 1 option and that is the hotel Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport. At 7-10 miles there are many more options. Some are as following:
- Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
- Pittsburgh Airport Marriott