Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
PO Box 12370, Pittsburgh,
PA 15231-0370, United States of America
Tel: +1 (0) 412 4723525
Fax: +1 (1) 412 4723636
IATA code: PIT
ICAO code: KPIT
PIT Arrivals today
Find out Pittsburgh international airport arrivals
To travel to Pennsylvania or out of the state, you will need to familiarize yourself with the facilities at the Pittsburgh airport. The international airport has been decorated for offering many Pittsburgh international arrivals and almost all domestic destinations in the United States. This airport has accommodated more than 20 million passengers each year around the years 2000. After that it dropped PIT international airport arrivals significantly because of high operating cost and US Airways stopped using the airport as a hub.
Top routes from PIT
- LGA – New York
- JFK – New York
- ORD – Chicago
- ATL – Atlanta
- EWR – Newark
- CLT – Charlotte
- MCO – Orlando
- BOS – Boston
- PHL – Philadelphia
- DTW – Detroit
About Pittsburgh Airport
The Pittsburgh Airport opened in 1952 for its first Pittsburgh airport flight arrivals. It is located between Findlay Township and Moom Township. According to the New York Times magazine, this is a civil-military airport with facilities of the “future.” It is an airport with a very up-to-date terminal where you will have the best comforts.
On several occasions, the airport has been remodeled to expand its operations and increase Pittsburgh arrivals and offer greater security to its passengers. In 2020 the airport included more than 16 commercial airlines, which allowed it to gain fame and recognition.
The airport is located between the municipality of Moon Township and Findlay Township, which covers the entire State of Pennsylvania. It is a very popular airport for Ohio, West Virginia, and Greater Pittsburgh. If you Pittsburgh airport arrivals and want to the center of the city, you will have to travel about 10 miles from the airport.
Transportation at Pittsburgh Airport
When you are having PIT arrivals, you can take the most popular means of transportation, such as:
- Take the Grey Line from Mountain Line Transit which is just outside Pittsburgh. You can take the train line in Waynesburg, Fairmont, Morgantown, Pennsylvania, or Clarksburg. There are a few other Charter bus operators as well. You could also take bus route 28x, taking you to the city center in about half an hour. It departs every 30 minutes outside after you walk out the baggage claim area.
- Another option is to travel by Ride Shares, Limousines, Taxis, or Hotel Courtesy buses.
- You can also rent a car after Pittsburgh flight arrivals, hit Interstate 376, and head downtown in no time. If you want to rent a car you just go to one of the counters which is on the baggage claim level. The cars are then a short walk from the terminal on Level 1 of the car park.
- Short-Term Parking: this garage is mainly used for parking up to 1 or 2 days. It is the closest and within minutes you will be in the terminal. Every 30 min costs $4 with a maximum of $26 per day.
- Long-Term Parking: It is divided into 4 parts together just behind the short term hotel at the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport. There is also a moving walkway so you can get to the terminal quickly. You can park here for free for the first half hour and after that $3 per 30 minutes. The daily rate is $16.
- Extended parking: this is next to the long term and is just a bit further away, but with a short walk to the moving walkway you are relatively quickly at the airport. There is only a daily rate here which is $10.
- Economy parking: this is behind long term and is slightly cheaper at $7 than Extended. There are also no shuttle buses available here, so you will have to walk to the moving walking at long term parking.
- Gold Key Lot Parking: this is a smaller parking lot right next to the terminal. An ideal parking space for getting to the terminal quickly. Frequent flyers like to use this location. You can lease a place for $300 a month. You can also just park once for $30 per day.
The airport has four runways for Pittsburgh international arrivals that are located in the east-west. Tracks are identified by:
- Runway 10 R that is 10,775 feet long.
- Track 10 L measuring 10,775 feet.
- Runway 28 R, which is 11,500 feet long.
- Track 14/32 which is 8,100 feet.
Pittsburgh Airport Terminals
The Pittsburgh airport has a beautiful terminal that is divided into the following lobbies for PIT flight arrivals:
- Lobby A and B for domestic flights has 25 boarding gates.
- Lobby C for international flights has 11 boarding gates.
- Lobby D for domestic flights has 14 boarding gates.
Map baggage claim area:
Free WiFi is available.
You can contact some of these airlines that are serving Pittsburgh arrivals:
- Allegiant Air
- American Airlines
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- Breeze Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- United Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Boutique Air
- Delta Air Lines
Pittsburgh Airport Destinations
For international Pittsburgh airport arrivals within the Pittsburgh airport, you can have these options:
- Toronto in Canada, Montreal in Canada, and Cancun in Mexico will be launched in the next few months.
If you want to fly from the Pittsburgh airport through the United States, you can choose these destinations:
- Tampa, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Denver, Colorado
- Las Vegas, Nevada LAS arrivals
- Phoenix Sky Harbor
- Dallas Fort Worth
- Houston George Bush
- Minneapolis Saint Paul
- Washington Ronald Reagan
- Chicago Midway
You should not waste time and make your reservation as soon as possible for national and international Pittsburgh flight arrivals. The airport offers you the best care, security, and control on all available flights.
You only have to arrive at the airport or visit their website to make a reservation for one of these flights. You will not regret flying at the airport, earn miles and receive discounts.
There is 1 hotel located on the airport grounds called Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport. The location is near long term parking which can be easily reached with the people mover in a few minutes from the terminal. The 4* hotel is ideal to stay for various reasons. There are no other hotels directly nearby. The first hotels where you stay are about 7 miles away. Some examples where passengers like to stay:
- Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Airport Robinson Mall Area PA
- MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport South-Robinson Mall