Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
3400 Sky Harbor Blvd, Phoenix,
AZ 85034, United States of America
Tel: +1 (1) 602 2733300
IATA code: PHX
ICAO code: KPHX
PHX Arrivals today
About Phoenix Sky Harbor airport arrivals
Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport is a civil and military airport and is one of the largest commercial airports in the USA. This airport is situated 3 miles east of downtown Phoenix, in Maricopa country, Arizona USA. Phoenix harbor airport rated 44th busiest airport in the world with yearly around 600 thousand Phoenix Sky Harbor arrivals.
Things you know about phoenix sky harbor airport
This is the hub of American Airlines and the base of Southwest Airlines. American Airlines occupy most Sky Harbor arrivals with a market share of passengers of 36.5%. Southwest is at a good second place with 34%, Delta Airlines 6.60%, and SkyWest and United Airlines occupy around 4% of the total Phoenix arrivals share.
Top routes from PHX
- Salt Lake City
- Seattle Airport
- Dallas Airport Texas
- Chicago O’Hare airport
- Los Angeles
- Las Vegas
- Salt Lake City
- Santa Ana
- San Diego
- San Francisco
Phoenix harbor international airport facilities
Phoenix sky harbor international airport offers excellent services to its citizens and business passengers. There are two working terminals – Terminal 3 and Terminal 4 – for PHX airport arrivals that offer many services to their passengers like food, shopping, and many more. At the airport are different parking lots to park your car. There are also a few cell phone lots which can be used to pick up passengers after their PHX arrivals.
At the airport, you get free WiFi service. There are many ATM machines, cash to card, etc. During this covid-19 pandemic, airports have also provided service of Covid-19 service by Xpress check after Phoenix international airport arrivals
Sky Harbor runways
In Phoenix Sky Harbor international airport has three parallel runways for all Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport arrivals:
- 1st is 11,489 ft × 150 ft concrete
- 2nd is 10400 ft × 150 ft concrete
- 3rd is 7800 ft × 150 ft concrete
All three runways can accommodate aircraft arrivals with a maximum weight of 900,000 lb or greater.
Phoenix Airport terminals
This airport has two running terminals (3 and 4) and you get free WiFi access and also premium paid high-speed internet service. There are no active PHX arrivals at terminal 1 and 2 anymore. The airport authorities designated terminal 1 is retired. Terminal 2 demolition begins in spring 2020.
So terminal 3 is active and has 22 active gates. Terminal 2 is moved to terminal 3 after the demolition of terminal 2. The Terminal 3 have mostly Phoenix airport flight arrivals by
- Terminal 3: Alaska, Allegiant, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Air Canada, British Airways, United, Spirit, and Sun Count.
Terminal 3 map
Terminal 4 is the airport’s largest and busiest terminal with most Phoenix Airport arrivals. This terminal is a hub of a few airlines:
- Terminal 4: American, Southwest Airlines, Volaris, WestJet and Condor.
Terminal 4 has 84 gates.
Terminal 4 Phoenix flight arrivals hall, Level 1, Baggage claim
Lost and Found in the terminal: 602-273-3333. If you are looking for the baggage claim phone number should contact the airline you flew with.
Airlines with Phoenix airport arrivals
This international airport serves most US destinations and multiple to Canada and the UK. Some of these airlines with international Sky Harbor Airport arrivals are: Air Canada, British Airways, WestJet and Volaris (Mexico). Other airlines for mainly domestic routes:
- Advanced Air
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Boutique Air
- Frontier Airlines
- United Airlines
The most busy international flight route is to London Heathrow UK. All other international destinations in the top 10 are:
- San Jose del Cabo
- Toronto Airport
- Puerto Vallarta
- Mexico City
Directions to Scottsdale: Merge onto E Sky Harbor Blvd. Follow the 2 left lanes to merge onto the AZ-202/the AZ-202Loop E toward Tempe/Mesa. Take exit 7 toward Scottsdale Rd. Follow any lane of your choice to make a diagonal left onto N Scottsdale Rd. Head north to arrive near Scottsdale.
Directions to downtown Phoenix: Head east on E Sky Harbor Blvd. Follow the right lane to stay on E Sky Harbor Blvd. Slight right turn towards E Buckeye Rd. Slight right turn onto E Buckeye Rd. Turn right onto S 16th St. Turn left onto E Van Buren St. Arrive in Downtown Phoenix.
- Bus: Metro bus Route 13 stops west of Terminal 3 and heads east to downtown on E Buckeye Rd. If you want to travel to the Sky Train Station you have to take Route 44 at the airport. It is also connected to Valley Metro Rail. The Greyhound bus station sits on the E. Buckeye Rd. near and west of the airport.
- Ride Share: if you want to travel further with one of the available ride shares there are a few different pick up locations. At Terminal 3, this is at the doors of exits 2 and 4. At Terminal 4, there are two locations. This is at both ends of the terminal at by 1 and at by 6/8. These locations are the general Pick Up & Drop Off points.
- Taxis: these are available at Terminal 3, door 7 but also at Terminal 4 on Level 1 at doors 6 and 7. There are several taxi companies that offer service. Travel to downtown is $17 flat rate.
- PHX Sky Train: this is an automated train that can be used free of charge for transport to and from the airport. The journey begins on 44th Street and travels to East Economy Parking. It then continues to Terminal 4 and Terminal 3 as the terminal station. The Sky Train will eventually also continue to the Rental Car Center. This train runs 24/7 and there is an arrival/departure every 5 minutes.
- Rental car: the counters of the agencies are in the Rental Car Center. We recommend making a reservation in advance. There is a free shuttle that takes you from the terminals to the center. These are ready in front of the terminal when you arrive from baggage clam level. The shuttle bus service will eventually be replaced by the PHX SkyTrain.
Parking is available at various locations around the airport and the terminals. The standard hourly rate is $4. The daily maximum price only differs at each location.
- West Economy Garage: this is located west of terminal 3. There is no shuttle bus service available and the duration is approximately 10-15 minutes. The daily rate is $16 in the garage and $9 for the Park and Walk. A vehicle clearance applies for the part of the garage. The car may not be higher than 6’10” at the lower entries which is the covered parking and for the upper entries there is a clearance of 9’3″.
- Terminal 3 Garage: Park right in front of the terminal with a daily rate of $30. The height clearance is 6 feet 10 inches.
- Terminal 4 Garage: Park right in front of the terminal with a daily rate of $30. The height clearance is 6 feet 10 inches.
- East Economy Garages A & B: Daily rate is $16 with a height clearance of 8 feet 2 inches at entry. The ramp up is 7 feet.
- East Economy Lot (Uncovered): This is slightly cheaper than covered at $14.
44th St. PHX Sky Train Station: you can only park here for short term. Ideal also for a drop off or pick up of passengers.
- Cell Phone Waiting Lots: there are several options such as a location west, east and at the Sky Train Station to park for free. Ideal for a pick up at the curbside in front of the terminal if you need to pick up passengers.
No hotels located at or in the terminals of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. A few miles away there are several options in all directions to stay in a hotel. Some possibilities:
- Motel 6 Phoenix, AZ – Airport – 24th Street
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Downtown
- Surestay Hotel By Best Western Phoenix Airport
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
- Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport – Phx, an IHG Hotel
Best places to visit phoenix city
Many people have Phoenix Airport arrivals because of visiting touristic places. If you make a plan to arrive at phoenix sky harbor international airport then these places are a must on your list.
- Heard museum: If you love history and art this is an ideal place for you and your family. You get here a detailed introduction of native Arizona people and their lifestyle.
- Desert botanical garden: This garden Is the major tourist attraction of the phoenix. You can see here many attractive-looking cactus, flowers.
- Arizona science center: Arizona science center is an attractive place for kids that they know everything about electricity and gravity sound etc.