Philadelphia International Airport
Address: 8000 Essington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153, United States
Elevation: 35 ft
Airport code: PHL
Phone: +1 215-937-6937
Number of runways: 4
Serves: Philadelphia Metropolitan Area
PHL Departures today
Important Things To Know Before Philadelphia international airport departures
Philadelphia International airport is situated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This is the primary airport that serves Philadelphia city. This international airport serves approximately 31.7 million passengers every year and it keeps increasing the PHL airport departures every year. Philadelphia international airport is approximately seven miles from the Philadelphia main city area.
It has twenty-five operating airlines which provide around five hundred Philadelphia departures each day (pre-pandemic). The flights fly to more than one hundred and thirty destinations, including the US and around the world. The airport is the 5th largest spot for American Airlines, and it the main hub for the North Eastern United States and the European and the transatlantic gateway. The Philly airport departures are operated and offer services to almost every city in the US but also many flights to Canada, Middle East, Europe, Caribbean, and Latin America.
Philadelphia Airport Terminals
The airport has six terminals and four runways to process all their PHL flight departures. It has seven buildings for the terminals and 126 gates in total. Passengers can check their flight itinerary to find out their terminals on the day of departure. Basically underneath picture will tell you which airline has their check-in counter at a specific area in the terminal. So most Philadelphia flight departures start at terminal A, B, C or F.
- Terminal A-west:
- American Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- British Airways
- Terminal A-east:
- American Airlines
- Aer Lingus
- Terminal B:
- American Airlines
- Terminal C:
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- Terminal D:
- Terminal F:
- American Airlines
The passengers who have Philadelphia Airport departures can walk to the terminal posts security checks. From there you go for shopping or drinks or so and head to the gate for boarding.
Philadelphia Airport ground transportation
The Airport also connects to the Center City by SEPTA trains. At 30th Street Station you can have connections with other services like Amtrak trains, NJ Transit trains, SEPTA trains as well. In addition to stops at all airport terminals, it stops at Penn Medicine, Jefferson and Suburban Station, among others. SEPTA also offers bus routes. For example, Route 115 to Delaware County, Route 108 to the Transportation Center and Route 37 south to Chester. SEPTA buses are in zone 1 for departures.
There are also rental car services and Rental Car Shuttles available for passengers arriving at the airport in zone 2.
Passengers can also depart at the airport by taxi (zone 5) and ride app services (zone 7) like Uber and Lyft. By taxi from downtown to the airport is $28.50 flat rate.
- Short-Term Parking (Garage Ground Level, all terminal garages): Park your car here for the first half hour for $5 increasing to $28 for the first four hours. The daily rate is $48.
- Short-Term Parking (Garage Ground Level, all terminal garages): Park your car here for the first half hour for $5 increasing to $28 for the first four hours. The daily rate is $48. Garage (Upper Levels) Parking: the first four hours of parking are the same as ground level. However, the daily rate is cheaper. In total you pay $28 daily. With long term parking (longer than four days), the days become $20 per day (so from the fifth day).
- Economy Parking: this is off site and has a daily rate of $15.00.
- Cellphone Waiting Lot: This is temporarily free to use when you are waiting to pick up someone. You are not allowed to park on the curbside, just stop quickly to allow passengers to board and load their luggage.
Airlines with Philadelphia international departures
The American airlines that use the Philadelphia international airport are United Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Eastern Airlines, Frontier Airlines, and Southwest Airlines. Some other international airlines who have PHL departures are Air Canada, British Airways, Qatar Airways, and Lufthansa.
The flights cover many cities in the world. Some of the most popular Philadelphia airport departures covered in the US are the following:
- Washington DC
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Boston Logan
- Charlotte Douglas
- Fort Lauderdale
- San Francisco
- Chicago ORD
- Atlanta Georgia
- New Orleans
- Savannah, and so many more.
When talking about Philadelphia international departures to cities in other countries, the flights depart to:
Most of these flights are offered by the US carrier American Airlines.
Things to know if you are departing from Philadelphia airport
If you have to depart from Philadelphia International Airport, these are a few things that should be kept in mind-
- Weekends have most Philadelphia departures and are therefor most busiest at the airport.
- Arrive at the airport two hours before the scheduled departure on a domestic flight and three hours for the international departure.
- Check the terminal and gate number at the time of check in. After security check, all the terminals and gates will be accessible to the passengers.
- Learn about the airline’s baggage policy beforehand.
- Use the Navigate Philadelphia international airport interactive map to find your way to the airport.
- Check for parking spaces and availability of parking at the airport parking.
According to the latest statistics, almost 3.1 million passengers have PHL airport departures and arrive at the Philadelphia airport annually. This figure makes it the twentieth busiest airport in the US. The airport has witnessed a growth in the figures over the last few years.
If you want to stay directly at the airport, Philadelphia Airport Marriott is the ideal choice. This is within walking distance and is located between garages B and C. If you want to stay in another hotel, you can in most cases use the Hotel Courtesy Shuttles. These are ready in zone 4. Some hotels where you could stay are:
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
- Aloft Philadelphia Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Airport
- Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Airport