Palm Beach International Airport
IATA code: PBI
ICAO code: KPBI
Address: 846 Palm Beach International Airport West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Tel: +1 (0) 561 4717420
PBI Departures today
Discover West Palm Beach international airport departures
If you want to travel to Canada from Florida, you could prioritize West Palm Beach airport departures and the flights it offers. This airport sets itself apart from the rest by offering several PBI airport departures to the Canadian region that you can take now. You have to know the airport, the airlines available, and which part of Canada it can take you.
Find out where the Palm Beach airport is located and how you can get out of there when you are back in the country. You can also know how the airport terminal is divided to know where to take your national or international PBI flight departures.
About Palm Beach Airport
Operations at the Palm Beach airport began in 1936 under the name Morrison Field. By 1937 the airport was expanded in its runways and terminal for domestic West Palm Beach departures. In the Second Great War, the US Air Force used the airport and was handed over to the state in 1947 to process the PBIA departures.
It is an airport that has many histories. It was very involved in the Second World War and is still considered an air operations base. This airport serves West Palm Beach flight departures for the city but also the suburbs like Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, and Wellington in Florida very well.
Location of Palm Beach Airport
The airport is located west of West Palm Beach, in Palm Beach County, Florida. It is a very large and functional airport for the entire state. It offers many national and international flights.
Palm Beach Airport directions and transportation
From the Palm Beach airport you can take two means of transportation in this way:
- You can take the Palm Tran buses 44 and 40 for Palm Beach international departures to take you to the city center. With these buses, you can also get to the Amtrak train station. Inside the station, you can also find the Greyhound bus line.
- You can go to the West Palm Beach Brightline train station served by Brightline, Tri-Rail, and Amtrak trains. The tri-rail transfer service is free for you to get to the airport.
- If you want to rent a car you could go to the reservation desks. These are on level 1 baggage claim. With a shuttle you go to the rental lots.
- If you want to travel further by private transfer you could go for a taxi or limousine. There is a Ground Transportation counter that could help you with that.
- Parking: you can park right in front of the terminal. Even before the parking garage and that is Premium Parking (Hourly $4 and daily $30). If you want to park in the garage, the daily rate is a lot cheaper. There are two options in the garage: Short Term Parking and Long Term Parking. If you want to park even cheaper, you can opt for Economy Lot. This is also on the grounds of the airport and itself very close. Nevertheless, a shuttle is also offered.
The airport is located on 858 hectares of land and is divided into three runways for PBI departures:
- Runway 10L – 28R covering 10,001 x 150 feet for the biggest airplanes that have West Palm Beach airport departures.
- Runway 10R – 28L covering 3214 x 75 feet.
- Runway 14 – 32 covering 6,931 x 150 feet.
Terminals at Palm Beach Airport
The first terminal at Palm Beach Airport was built in 1937 to have PBI airport departures and is located on the south side of its facilities. In 1951 after the end of the war, the terminal was rebuilt and expanded to offer international PBI flight departures. Since 2018, the terminal has divided its operations as follows:
- Lobby A houses airlines such as Bahamasair for West Palm Beach departures.
- Lobby B houses airlines such as United Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, and Air Canada that serves PBIA departures. This is the lobby for you to take most flights to Canada and domestic. Some dining options: Flagler Gourmet Market, Starbucks, Burger King, Stinger Ray’s, and Hop and Cask. For shopping you good go to Tropical News and Coral Cove.
- Lobby C houses airlines such as JetBlue, Delta Airlines, Spirit Airlines, and Frontier Airlines. Dining: Chili’s Too, Starbucks, Blu2o, PBI MKT, Nick’s Tomatoe Pie and Flagler Gourmet Express. For shopping options: Coral Cove, All Earth Elements Spa, CNBC News.
Terminal map level 2 departures (check-in is at level 3)
Level three is check-in and the gates are located on Level two.
If you lost an item on the plane you should contact the airline you fly with. You can have a look at the airport if the airline has a information desk. Otherwise, contact them online.
At the Palm Beach airport, you can find several popular airlines that offer West Palm Beach flight departures as:
- Allegiant Air
- Air Canada
- United Airlines
- JetBlue with departures to:
- White Plains
- Washington Ronald Reagan
- New York LaGuardia, Newark, and JFK
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
If you want to enjoy air cargo services from Palm Beach Airport, you can choose between UPS Airlines and FedEx Express that have PBI departures.
Palm Beach Airport destinations
For you to be convinced about the operation of the Palm Beach International Airport, you must know the available West Palm Beach airport departures to destinations like:
- Montreal, Canada
- Newark, New Jersey
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Washington National DCA
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Newark, New Jersey
- White Plains HPN
- Atlanta, Georgia
- New York–LaGuardia, New York
- New York–JFK, New York
- Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Charlotte Douglas, North Carolina
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Toronto Canada
What to do and see in and around the area
Indian River: Airboat tour over the wetlands to observe birds, alligators, and turtles. Snorkel at a shipwreck, fishing, swimming, ding, surfing, kayaking etc. You could also visit a treasure museum.
Saint Lucie: Horse riding on the beach, fishing or take a romantic river walk boardwalk.
Martin: Downtown Stuart, blowing rock preserve with a limestone shoreline include mangrove swamps, dunes etc.
There are several hotels in the area where you can stay. There are also some that offer a shuttle service. A few good options:
- Doubletree West Palm Beach Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Home2 Suites
- Holiday Inn Palm Beach Int’l Airport