Palm Beach International Airport
Address: 1000 James L Turnage Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33415, United States
Airport code: PBI
Elevation: 20 ft
Phone: +1 561-471-7400
Serves: Miami Metropolitan Area
PBI Arrivals today and tomorrow
Check out West Palm Beach international airport arrivals
If you want to travel from Florida to any part of America and even Canada, you will have to go to Palm Beach Airport. This air facility is very popular in Florida for the number of commercial flights it offers. You can take an in-depth look at the airport, the airlines it handles, cargo West Palm Beach airport arrivals, and destinations available today.
You can also know where the Palm Beach airport is located so you can get PBI airport arrivals by car or bus. Find out how the airport terminal is divided for you to explore before having PBI flight arrivals.
Top routes from PBI
- ATL – Atlanta
- JFK – John F. Kennedy
- DCA – Washington Ronald Reagan
- HPN – White Plains
- PHL – Philadelphia
Palm Beach Airport in Florida began operations in 1936 with West Palm Beach arrivals under the name Morrison Field at that time. This airport had incredible participation in the Second World War because the US Air Forces used it. In 1947 when the war ended, the airport was handed over to Florida and started with its commercial West Palm airport arrivals.
This airport has been a great support for Boynton Beach, Wellington, Delray Beach, and West Palm Beach. You can go to any of these destinations without problems when having PBIA arrivals.
Palm Beach Airport Location
You can find the airport in Palm Beach County, Florida west of West Palm Beach. It is a very large airport that you will not ignore while traveling through the small town.
Ground transportation and directions Palm Beach Airport
Directions: ff you are driving from the North you should take exit 69B. From the South may go for exit 69. Check also for signs that that say “Palm Beach International Airport” to connect from I-95.
- To Port of Palm Beach: Enter I-95 N at West Palm Beach from James L Turnage Blvd. Follow I-95 N to 45th St. Take exit 74 from I-95 N. Merge at 45th St. Turn left onto Broadway. Turn right onto E 11th St.
- To Miami: Enter I-95 S at West Palm Beach from James L Turnage Blvd.
Follow I-95 S and I-95 Express to S Miami Ave in Miami. Take exit 2C from I-95 S. Take SW 3rd St to your destination.
- To Fort Lauderdale Airport: Enter I-95 S at West Palm Beach from James L Turnage Blvd. Continue on I-95 S to your destination in Broward County.
For you to get to or from the Palm Beach airport, you can use these means of transport:
- Travel via the train station in West Palm Beach Brightline with Amtrak train, Tri-Rail, and Brightline. If you want to save some money on the trip, you can take Tri-Rail transfer by MetroTaxi or Uber, a free service you can use after you have Palm Beach international arrivals.
- You can take the Palm Tram buses on routes 40 and 44 to take you to the airport from Well Palm Beach. Using this public transportation, you can also get to the Amtrak station to go to other places.
- Hotel shuttle: there are several hotels that offer a shuttle to and from the airport. Once you have reached an agreement with the hotel, they will be standing by at Level 1 for baggage claim. Some options:
- Best Western Palm Beach Lakes Inn & Hawthorn Suites
- Doubletree Palm Beach Gardens
- Embassy Suites
- Hampton Inn
- Hilton Palm Beach Airport
- Marriott West Palm Beach Hotel
- Taxi: if you want to travel by taxi after arrival you can walk to the Ground Transportation desk. This is past carousel 6. You can also arrange some other services here. You will have to arrange a rideshare yourself via the app.
- Car rental: if you want to rent a car you can go to one of the counters of the available agencies such as Avis, Alamo, BudgetSixt and Thrifty. Every company has its own location where the cars are parked. There will be a shuttle that will take you to the venue from the airport.
- Premium: ideal for short-term parking. Park for $2 for the first 20 min and then add $1 every 20 min. There is a maximum amount of $30.
- Short Term: You pay the same per hour, but the daily rate is a lot less at $17.
- Long Term: this is $13 per day.
- Economy Lot: here you only pay $7. If you want to go for long-term parking, this is the best option. There is also a free shuttle for this location.
The airport is made up of more than 858 hectares of land on which you can find three runways for West Palm Beach airport arrivals.
- Runway 10L -28 R measures about 10,000 x 150 feet
- Runway 10R – 28L measures 3,214 x 75 feet
- Runway 14 – 32 measures 6,931 x 150 feet
They are concrete runways, and every year they are remodeled to offer safe PBI arrivals.
Palm Beach Airport Terminals
There was a terminal built at the airport in 1937. This terminal is located in the south of the airport which is more in use for private flights etc. The new and current terminal you can divide the PBI airport arrivals by three lobbies. It was built less than a decade ago for West Palm Beach arrivals. It is located north of the airport.
- In lobbies A and B, you will have most international flights by airlines such as:
- Bahamas Air
- Air Canada
- Allegiant Airlines
- American Airlines
- Avelo Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airways
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
- In lobby C, you will have airlines with PBIA arrivals such as
- Breeze Airways
- Delta Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Spirit Airlines
The arrivals will take place on level 2 to get out of the plane. From there you walk to Level 1 for baggage claim, rental car desks and ground transportation. The ticket counters for check-in will take place on level three. Passenger drop off or Rideshare pick up on the outer curb is at that same level.
When you want West Palm airport arrivals you will have to choose between the following airlines:
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- Air Canada
- Southwest Airlines
- JetBlue arrivals:
- New York LaGuardia, Newark, JFK
- White Plains
- Washington Ronald Reagan
- American Airlines arrivals:
Destinations at Palm Beach Airport
Among the most popular destinations that you can take with West Palm Beach flight arrivals are:
- Dallas, Texas
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Baltimore, Maryland
- New York LaGuardia
- White Plains, New York
- Newark, New Jersey
International flights are also available. Most of them go to Toronto. There are also several routes to the Caribbean, but these are mainly cargo flights. For most international destinations, it is better to fly direct from Fort Lauderdale or Miami. If it doesn’t matter to have a stopover, you can also just leave from West Palm Beach to, for example, Atlanta for a stopover.
Things to do
There are many things to do in the area from water parks, escape rooms to mini golf. Check out the following:
- Clematis Street & Downtown West Palm Beach
- The Square
- Norton Museum of Art
- Antique Row Art & Design
- District Northwood
- Village Cox
- Science Center and Aquarium
- Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
- Palm Beach Outlets
- Mounts Botanical Gardens
- The Ballpark of The Palm Beaches