Oakland Metropolitan Oak Airport
Aviation Marketing and Communications
One Airport Drive, Box 45
Oakland, CA 94621
OAK Departures today
Oakland international airport departures
If you want to get to the luxurious state of California, especially Oakland, you will have to book your Oakland flight departures. Oakland International Airport stands out as the focus city for JSX and Southwest airlines. This airport has been in operation for almost one century. It has undergone many renovations over the years to ensure to quality of the Oakland departures.
You can know in-depth the structure of the airport, which are the airlines it supports and the most frequented destinations. This airport is also unique for its terminal that you should know very well before having OAK airport departures.
The Oakland International Airport or OAK was built in 1925 because the city was increasing tourism and needed to be supported. Aviator Charles Lindbergh opened this airport on September 17 of the year for Oakland airport flight departures. In later years the airport was remodeled, the terminals and runways were expanded.
In 2009, the airline Allegiant Air went from being the San Francisco International Airport base to OAK. That same year, the airline Volaris joined the game by providing its low-cost international Oakland airport departures. That year the airport also marked a milestone in on-time arrivals for domestic flights.
Oakland Airport Location
The location of Oakland International Airport is south of downtown Oakland in the state of California. Directions: drive on the I-880 North to downtown Oakland and further to San Francisco (another option to this city is I-880 South and change to the 92. You can take it to the San Francisco bay area and have a good view of the OAK airport. It is around 10 miles that you have to travel from the city center to the airport.
Transportation at Oakland Airport
You can access the airport using Interstate 880 or the Nimitz Freeway, located two miles from Oakland. You can get to the airport by exiting Hegenberger Road to the west; the road converges with Airport Road.
- Ride shares or taxi: one of the most popular options for getting to your final destination quickly. Taxis are available in front of the terminal and the ride share cars from, for example, Lyft, Wingz and Uber, even if you have reserved them.
- Car rentals: to rent a car you will have to take the rental car shuttle bus to the rental car center. These shuttle buses run every 10 minutes. The journey is only 5 minutes. There are several agenies like Enterprise, Payless, Avis, Dollar, Fox and National. You can then continue the journey with your rental car.
- Bus: Travel by bus 73 (AC Transit) to BART Coliseum Station. These buses have departures every 15 minutes. With bus 21 you can travel to Fruitvale and Alameda.
- BART train: this is more of a people mover that moves quickly to different stations in and around downtown. Also all the way to San Francisco and Berkeley. There is a departure every 6 minutes to Coliseum station to travel from there in different directions such as to the south (Fremont, Dublin, Warm Springs, Pleasanton).
- Amtrak: if you want to travel by train you will first need to travel by bus, taxi or BART (AirBART shuttle and AC Transit Line #50 additional options) to Coliseum Airport station or to Jack London Square Station. From the second station you can travel to Sacramento, Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Reno etc.
- Premier short term parking: this is parking right in front of the terminal. The BART station is also located here. Parking is available for $8 per hour with a maximum rate of $38 per day. There are ev charging stations in various places.
- Hourly parking: this is just behind Premier. The hourly rate is a lot cheaper at $5 per hour. The daily rate is comparable to $34.
- Daily mid term parking: this is the airport’s largest car park. It is a 5-10 minute walk to the terminal. You also pay $5 per hour, but for a daily rate (24 hours) you pay $24. Electric vehicle charging stations are again available here.
- Economy long term parking: this is next to the daily parking lot but on John Glenn Drive. There is no hourly rate, just a 24 hour period rate of $18. Free shuttle buses are available from this location. There is also free ev charging in section M1.
- Park & Call lot: you can park here if you want to do a pick up. You can wait for free for 30 minutes. If you want to park longer, you can drive to Hourly Lot, for example.
At the airport, you can have four runways for OAK departures that are divided into general and cargo operations:
- 12/30 cargo track for Oakland flight departures: measures 10,500 x 46 ft, built of asphalt.
- General operations track 10R / 28L: measures 6,200 x 46 ft, constructed of asphalt.
- Track 10L / 28R: measures 5,500 x 46 ft, built of asphalt for Oakland departures.
- Track 15/33: measures 3,400 x 80 ft, built of asphalt.
Oakland Airport Terminals
Oakland airport only has two terminals for all OAK airport departures in which you can find 32 access gates in total. Both terminals connect with the entrance area, security, and parking area. International flights that are not authorized pass-through terminal number 1.
You can take domestic and international Oakland airport flight departures from the following airlines available:
- Delta Air Lines
- Allegiant Air
- Alaska Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Contour Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
The airport is also pleased to offer you cargo Oakland airport departures by UPS Airlines and FedEx Express. You can receive your packages from Columbia, Portland, San Diego, Tokyo, Ontario, and other places at OAK.
Destinations at Oakland Airport
From the Oakland airport, you can take OAK departures to the ten most frequented national destinations such as:
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Los Angeles, California
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Denver, Colorado
- San Diego, California
- Seattle, Washington
- Ontario, California
- Orange County, California
- Portland, Oregon
- Hollywood Burbank
- John Wayne Santa Ana
- Long Beach
You can also take international Oakland flight departures to destinations such as:
- Mexico City
Long distance flights to Hawaii:
There are several hotel options just minutes away on a hotel shuttle. Popular options:
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Oakland Airport
- Holiday Inn & Suites Oakland – Airport, an IHG Hotel
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Oakland Airport
- Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
- Executive Hotel Oakland Airport