Oakland Metropolitan Oak Airport
1 Airport Drive, Box 45, Oakland,
CA 94621, United States of America
Tel: +1 (0) 510 5633300
IATA code: OAK
ICAO code: KOAK
OAK Arrivals today
Oakland international airport arrivals
If you want to know California, you will have to enter from the Oakland airport to visit it completely. From this airport, you can start your adventure to discover the luxurious areas of California. OAK is an airport that has been working for more than 100 years, giving you the best service and commercial Oakland flight arrivals that you deserve.
You can take a look at the airport’s operation from its available airlines, terminals, and destinations. You can learn a little about the airport’s history and about Oakland arrivals from California, among other things.
Top routes from OAK
About Oakland Airport
Oakland International Airport, or OAK for its acronym, was opened in 1925 as a municipal airfield for OAK airport arrivals. By September 17, 1925, Charles Lindbergh, a professional aviator, announced that OAK was lending his operations.
The airport has been rebuilt over the years, mostly because it was destroyed in WWII. By 2009 many airlines were linked with Oakland airport flight arrivals, such as Allegiant Air, Volaris, and other major companies. The airport has also been recognized for having the most on-time flights in 2009.
Oakland Airport Location
You can find the airport if you head south of Oakland in the State of California. The airport is very close to San Francisco Bay, so it will not be a problem for you to access its facilities.
Transport Oakland Airport
If you want to get to or from the Oakland airport, the best directions you can have are to take Interstate 880 for Oakland airport arrivals, 1,5 miles from the city. When you leave the airport by renting a car, take Hegenberger Road west and Converge Street to get to the interstate.
- To rent a car you will have to go to the Rental Car Center. To get there you can use the rental car shuttle buses. These run from the terminal every 10 minutes and you will arrive approximately after 5-7 minutes. If you need to return a rental car, this is the address: 7600 Earhart Road, Oakland, CA 94621. There are several large agencies to rent different types of cars.
- Travel by public transport:
- BART trains run to downtown Oakland as well as other regions such as Berkeley and downtown San Francisco. The BART station is opposite the terminal.
- Amtrak: This rail line runs to Jack London Square station. From there there are many more routes possible such as to Sacramento with The Capitols, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Reno etc.
- AC Transit bus: Bus number 73 runs daily every 15 minutes during the day with the Oakland Airport BART station in the city. Bus line 21 runs between Fruitvale and Alameda.
- Taxi and Rideshares: these are available and ready in front of the terminal to take you to your final destination.
The airport is operating with four runways for OAK arrivals that have the following dimensions:
- Runway 10R / 28L: measures 6,213 x 150 feet wide.
- Track 10L / 28R: measures 5,458 x 150 feet wide.
- Runway 15/33: measures 3,376 x 23 feet wide.
- Track 12/30: measures 10,520 x 150 feet wide. It is also in use for cargo Oakland flight arrivals.
The Oakland airport terminal is large enough for you to walk around before catching a flight:
- It is divided into two terminals for Oakland arrivals in which you can locate 32 access doors.
- For international OAK airport arrivals, you must be located at terminal # 1.
- The location of the parking lots are southwest of the airport in front of the terminal.
- Premium parking lot
- Hourly parking lot
- Daily parking lot
- Economy parking lot
- Park & Call (Cell Phone lot)
In OAK, you will have a series of airlines so that you can take Oakland airport flight arrivals within or outside the country:
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Contour Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Allegiant Air
If you want to request Cargo services within the Oakland airport, you can contact companies such as:
- FedEx Express
- UPS Airlines
These Oakland airport arrivals with loads can come from Tokyo, San Diego, Portland, Columbia, and other places that the company has.
Oakland Airport Destinations
The airport is renowned for its variety of domestic OAK arrivals for you to go to:
- Salt Lake City
- San Diego
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
If you want to take international Oakland flight arrivals from the Oakland airport, you can take among the favorites:
- San Jose del Cabo Los Cabos
- Mexico City
- Puerto Vallarta
- Silao Del Bajio among other places.
These overseas flights are in high demand at OAK, so you should make a reservation weeks before your trip. You can accumulate traveler miles from the Oakland airport to receive future travel discounts. The airport could expand its international flights in the coming months.
There is no hotel in the terminal or on the airport grounds. Only 1-2 miles away, the first hotels are available with shuttle service. Some options you have are:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oakland-Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Hilton Oakland Airport
- Oakland Airport Executive Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport