Address: La Guardia Airport, Queens, NY 11371, United States
Tel: +1 (1) 718 5333400
Owner: Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
IATA code: LGA
ICAO code: KLGA
LGA Arrivals today
Discover LaGuardia International Airport Arrivals
Located at East Elmhurst, Queens, New York City, LaGuardia airport is the third busiest airport in the city after Newark and JFK. Besides, it holds the twentieth position in the list of the busiest airports in the United States of America with 31,084,894 passenger New York LaGuardia Airport arrivals in 2019. Because of the pandemic in 2020 there have been a drop in passengers to just 8 million that year but luckily back to 16 million in 2021. This article shows how the LaGuardia arrivals system of this well-known airport works. Keep reading and get to know about all that’s involved!
This airport’s current name, i.e. LaGuardia is in use since 1953, when it was built. It’s named after the contemporary mayor of the city, Fiorello La Guardia. This airport can be better defined as a hub for the Delta Airlines and American Airlines who have most LGA arrivals.
The airport follows a strict rule of prohibiting most non-stop flights to or from points beyond 1,500 miles. However, LaGuardia flight arrivals on Saturdays and flights from Denver are one of the exceptions to the rule.
Flying into LaGuardia
When you have LGA flight arrivals, you can enjoy amazing views of the harbor and the Penta-boroughs of the New York City. It’s a busy and crowded airport in New York. It’s always better to guess how to pick your seat in advance.
To give you an idea, probably, you are going to grab a window seat at the left-hand side and enjoy the city view in case you make the approach to runway 04 from the southwest. On the other hand, a roundabout approach of landing at LGA from the northeast or northwest will allow you to witness the picturesque view of river Hudson and the Manhattan city. LaGuardia arrivals will give you a good view in any case.
Several airlines use this airport for La Guardia arrivals. Since this post focuses on the arrival section, the next part of it talks about the source destinations for all the LaGuardia Airport arrivals.
|American Airlines||Boston, Chicago, Washington Ronald Reagan, Miami, Dallas, Charlotte Douglas, Tampa, Key West|
|British Airways||Chicago ORD, Miami|
|Delta Airlines||Boston logan, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, Columbus, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte CLT, Orlando, Nashville, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami MIA, Hilton head, Chicago O Hare, Tampa, Norfolk, Sarasota, Key West, New Orleans Louis Armstrong|
|West Jet||New Orleans MSY, Boston BOS, Nashville BNA, ATL Atlanta, Myrtle Beach MYR, Fort Lauderdale FLL, John Glenn Columbus, Charlotte CLT, Orlando, West palm Beach PBI, Miami MIA, ORD Chicago, Tampa, Norfolk ORF, Sarasota|
|Southwest||Chicago Midway MDW, Dallas Love Field|
|United Airlines||Dulles Washington, (YYZ) Toronto, (YUL) Montreal, (IAH) Houston|
Apart from the ones mentioned in the chart, a few of the following flights also use LaGuardia airport flight arrivals:
- American Shuttle
- Spirit Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Air Canada
- Delta Shuttle
LaGuardia Airport terminals
Airlines processing flights at the specific available terminals:
- Terminal A: Frontier and Spirit
- Terminal B: Air Canada, AA, JetBlue, Southwest, and United
- Terminal C (include area of former terminal D): Delta and WestJet
Airport Shuttle Bus: this bus runs between the terminals, rental car facility and the parking lots. This bus is free of use and departs every 15 minutes and more often during peak hours.
LGA airport arrivals terminal map:
Transportation – get into the city after arriving At LaGuardia
- The terminals have the bus (one of the best modes of transportation) map at the information booths which you can use after you have La Guardia airport arrivals. They show almost every point of interest as well as the streets of the city very clearly. However, apart from the bus maps, there are subway maps (for pedestrians) as well, but in actuality, they’re quite schematic. In case, you don’t find a bus map at the terminal, you can always get the assistance of the station manager at the information booth after LaGuardia airport arrivals. A quick tip is, buying an MTA pass will help you save a lot! The 7-day pass is the most popular among travelers. So, don’t hesitate to go for the same! Most buses drive to Queens but some of them to other areas too like Long Island and Manhattan. If you want to go to the popular Manhattan area then you should take the LaGuardia Link Q70 which drives to Midtown/Sout of 59 st and the other one is the M60 SBS which goes to North of 59 st and the Bronx. During the stops in the center you could get out to travel further by subway and train as well.
- Apart from bus, you can also use app-based ride share and taxi for transportation. If you’re planning to take a car or use app-operated ride, then you need to reach level 2 of the Terminal B Parking Garage. Taxis will be waiting on the curbside when walking out of the arrivals hall. Price to the center of Manhattan is around $30-38.
- Car rental: the car rental companies are at different locations around the airport. There is a Rental Car Transfer Point at Terminal A. Free shuttles run to the organizations from here. The agencies available around are as follows: Hertz, Budget, Sixt, Alamo, National, Avis, Thrifty, Payless, Enterprise and Dollar.
You can park in one of the three available garages in front of the terminals. There is also a free shuttle bus service available from all these locations that can take you to your desired terminal. These run approximately every 10 minutes. For every half hour you pay $5-6 for the first 3 hours. Then it becomes $10-12 with a maximum of $55 at Terminal A, $60 at Terminal B and $70 at Terminal C. Discounts are regularly given when you book online. Terminal B and C also offer EV charging stations. Choose the P7 Prepaid Economy for long term parking. This is near Terminal A.
Have a great and safe journey to LaGuardia, one of the contributing airports of the busiest air transport system in the United States of America.
There are many hotels from cheap to very expensive in every corner of New York but many of them in Manhattan. If for some reason it is convenient to stay close to the airport of LaGuardia, then there are some good options. Then choose one of the following hotels:
- Avion Inn Near LGA Airport, Ascend Hotel Collection
- Aloft New York LaGuardia Airport
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
- Corona Hotel
- The LaGuardia Hotel