Myrtle Beach International Airport
Address: 1100 Jetport Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, United States
Departments: Myrtle Beach International Airport Fire Department
Airport code: MYR
Elevation: 25 ft
Phone: +1 843-448-1589
Serves: Myrtle Beach
Owner: Horry County
MYR Departures today
About Myrtle Beach international airport departures
This airport is formally known as Myrtle Beach jet-port (the airport started with Myrtle Beach departures on the beach) and it is located on the site of Myrtle Beach air force base. It is located 4 miles southwest of the central business district of Myrtle Beach.
This airport and terminal were constructed in 1975 and opened in 1976 for MYR airport departures. In 2021 Myrtle Beach airport announce that they working on a 20-year plan, with the motive to double the number of terminals.
Myrtle Beach Airport Services
The airport offers excellent services to its passengers having Myrtle Beach airport departures. You get free WiFi access in the whole airport. There are also pet relief areas so you won’t worry about your pets.
The ATM facilities are available where you can withdraw your funds. Quit rooms are also available that designed for passengers according to need. The information center is available where you can for any query related to Myrtle Beach flight departures.
This airport has a small two-level terminal that offers almost all facilities including dining, shopping, security check, information desk, ticketing for MYR departures, baggage claim etc.
For food, there are a lot of outlets like- Aviator’s, boardwalk cafe, Chick-fil-A, Cinnabon, steak n shake, Subway. You can find many major outlets and enjoy your experience in Myrtle Beach international airport. Also, plenty of shops are available where you can buy essential items and gifts, etc.
Airlines with Myrtle Beach airport departures
- Allegiant air
- American airlines
- Delta air lines
- Frontier airlines
- Porter airlines
- Spirit airlines
- Sun country airlines
- United airlines
Myrtle Beach Airport Top destinations
Most MYR departures fly to Charlotte in North Carolina followed by flights to Atlanta with Delta Air Lines.
|1||Charlotte, North Carolina||133,000|
|4||Newark, new Jersey||31000|
|6||Atlantic city, new Jersey||24000|
|7||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||22000|
Other busy flight routes are:
All this data above the picture shows the busiest domestic Myrtle Beach flight departures from 2019–2020. In 2019 the airport served 125,925 operations and 2.6 million passengers. Because of the pandemic there is a big drop in passengers numbers that used the airport in 2020. Also in 2021 it doesn’t have the amount of Myrtle Beach departures as in 2019.
Myrtle Beach Airport ground transportation
Myrtle Beach international airport has very convenient travel options. The airport offers car rental services, taxicab services, and public transport also.
- Public transport: a public bus route is running around the grand station. These buses have daily MYR airport departures from 7 am to 8 pm. This route would cost you around 1.5$ per ride.
- Limousine/ car service: limos car services are a convenient option with many pick and drop options are available. These car services cost you around 50$ per ride.
- You can also use the shared-ride service of Lyft and Uber. This is a very economical option that costs you around 10$ per ride to the center.
- Taxicab services: Taxi’s are located outside of door 6 and are available to first come first serve basis. The price is 12$ for the per ride.
Here is some parking options are available before you have Myrtle Beach international airport departures:
- The economy Lot would cost you around 10$ in a day. If you choose short term lot it cost you around 15$ for a day. The main thing is you get 15 minutes free.
- The long-term lot parking plan would cost you around 12$ a day. The curbside valet costs you around 25$ for a day and 5$ for one hour.