MYR Arrivals today
Myrtle Beach AFB Airport
1100 Jetport Road, Myrtle Beach,
SC 29577, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Tel: +1 (1) 843 4481589
Fax: +1 (1) 843 6299096
IATA code: MYR
ICAO code: KMYR
About Myrtle Beach international airport arrivals
Myrtle Beach is a well-known international airport located three miles southwest of the central business district in Myrtle Beach, in Horry country South Carolina, USA. A total of 125,925 Myrtle Beach airport arrivals and 2.6 million in annual passenger traffic were in 2019. Unfortunately, the pandemic saw a significant decline in 2020 and there were far fewer Myrtle Beach arrivals.
Most important destinations
- Charlotte Douglas, North Carolina
- Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson, Georgia
- Newark, New Jersey
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Detroit Metro, Michigan
- Boston Logan, Massachusetts
- New York–LaGuardia, New York
- Chicago O’Hare, Illinois
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Washington Baltimore, Maryland
Myrtle Beach international airport constructed in 1975 and opened for the public in 1976 with the first Myrtle Beach flight arrivals. In 1993, both Myrtle Beach airport and Myrtle Beach air force base jointly use the main runway. The joint use of Myrtle Beach air force base was first agreed upon in 1955. The American eagle is a major carrier in MYR since the early 1990s.
On April 1 1996 myrtle beach airport became the Myrtle Beach international airport. This airport doesn’t have any airline hub, but the airline Spirit Airlines is focused most to the city with most MYR arrivals.
If you make a plan to arrive in MYR then you should check the facilities provided by the airport. This Myrtle Beach airport covers a area of 3795 acres. The runways are made up of asphalt and concrete for MYR airport arrivals. The facilities of this airport were upgraded in 2008.
The facilities include free WiFi access throughout terminals. You get duty-free shopping, with a lot of shopping options available in every terminal.
A variety of food options are available, many residents and food shops provide a variety of options of dining services.
There are quiet rooms and designated outside smoking area makes this airport for any type of passengers. Currently, there is no lodging facility available in this airport which might be handy for late Myrtle Beach Airport arrivals.
Unlike many larger airports, this airport has a small two-level terminal to process the Myrtle Beach flight arrivals. Dr. WL. Harrelson terminal building is named for the Myrtle Beach first mayor. The small terminal makes this easy to navigate.
There are simple parking options and straightforward ticketing. The security checks are quick and efficient security check systems are next to the ticketing centers. Rental car options and ground transportation makes this airport travel optimized to provide a great customer experience after your Myrtle Beach arrivals.
If you make a plan for Myrtle Beach international airport arrivals to visit the city then the affordable parking plan of MYR you must check out:
- The Economy Lot would cost you around 10 USD in a day. If you choose short term lot it cost you around 15 USD for a day. The main thing is you get 15 minutes free for drop-off and pick-up.
- The long-term lot parking plan would cost you around 12 USD a day. The curbside valet costs you around 25 USD for a day and 5 USD for one hour.
Most frequently seen airline is Spirit. Other airlines with mainly domestic Myrtle Beach arrivals are Delta, American, WestJet and Frontier. These airlines use hubs like Atlanta to have Myrtle Beach flight arrivals from Aeromexico and Air France/KLM coming from Mexico cities and Europe.
Places to visit in Myrtle beach
After MYR airport arrivals you then must go to these places near the airport for a visit:
- You can see beautiful beaches and playgrounds are the best places for exploring. The Hollywood Wax museum provides an excellent experience for movies.
- If you love golf then you must visit ‘captain hook’s adventure golf’ and water parks and amusement parks for a thrilling roller coaster ride.