Memphis international airport
Address: 2491 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN 38116, United States
IATA airport code: MEM
Elevation: 104 m
Phone: +1 901-922-8000
Node for: FedEx Express, Southern Airways Express
MEM arrivals today
Some things about Memphis international airport arrivals
Memphis International Airport is one of the busiest cargo airports in the United States, and it is a civil cum military airport that handles many Memphis arrivals of American Airlines. Thousands of passengers come and go using this airport.
Most popular flight routes
Location of Memphis Airport
The civil cum military airport is located about seven miles southeast of downtown Memphis in Shelby County, Tennessee. It covers about 3900 acres of land, and it is a hub for FedEx Express, Southern Airways Express that have many MEM airport arrivals, making it one of the busiest cargo airports.
Memphis Airport ground transportation
Like any other airport, Memphis International Airport provides ground transportation for passengers with Memphis flight arrivals and people that depart. The airport has the service by taxi and shuttle bus. You can find public transport according to your traveling schedule. Whether it is from the airport after Memphis airport arrivals, the transportation is not very difficult to avail.
- If you are opting for a taxi, you can locate it on the ground level outside the northwest airline baggage claim after MEM arrivals hall. Some companies operate these taxis, and it is better if you contact the taxi starters in the taxi booth. A few services you can contact at the airport are advantage cab, checker cab, city-wide cab, metro cab, and yellow cab.
- If you have Memphis arrivals and booked a hotel then you may use their shuttle service You can contact your shuttle service through the phone services available in the baggage claim areas A, B and C. There are overhead signs that give you information about the shuttle bus stops near the airport.
- The Memphis area transport authority or MATA provides shuttle services for passengers who want to reach their particular hotels.
- There are also shared rides by yellow cab for people with MEM airport arrivals, where people going to the same destination can share a ride.
- There are also public bus services operate to and from the airport by MATA.
Runways and terminal at Memphis Airport
There are four runways for all it’s Memphis flight arrivals It covers a large area of 3900 acres. It has a single terminal and three concourses with a total number of 50 gates to have Memphis airport arrivals. The airlines and that uses this airport are given below:
- Delta airlines – concourse A
- Allegiant – concourse C
- Southwest airlines – concourse A
- Frontier airlines – concourse C
- American airlines – concourse C
- Air Canada airlines – concourse C
- United airlines – concourse C
There is also a concourse B which closed for construction at the moment.
Memphis airport flight routes
The airport will help the passengers to have domestic MEM arrivals from the following destinations:
- Charlotte, Houston Hobby, Orlando Sanford, Denver, Minneapolis, Detroit, Austin, Las Vegas, Saint Petersburg, New York, Cincinnati, Washington, Madison, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Indianapolis.
Memphis airport serves international destinations as well. There are international Memphis arrivals from the following destinations outside of the US:
The passenger traffic at Memphis Airport
Statistics show that The Memphis Shelby county international airport handled about 4.5 million arriving and departing passengers in 2019. With a decrease of MEM airport arrivals in 2020 there are some numbers that are increasing again in 2021. The stats show that the airport has one of the largest cargo operations in the world. The airport deals with almost 80 passenger flights.
Though the airport is small, it handles every Memphis flight arrivals like any other international airport in the United States. Therefore, the information given in this article will help any passenger get precise knowledge about the airport and its services for the passengers.