Los Angeles International Airport
PO Box 92216.1 World Way, Los Angeles,
California, CA 90045, United States of America
Tel: +1 (0) 310 6465252
Owner: Los Angeles Department of Airports
IATA code: LAX
ICAO code: KLAX
LAX Arrivals today
About Los Angeles International Airport arrivals
Los Angeles Intl Airport is found in Westchester and LA’s beach towns around 16 miles from the center of LA. This airport’s West Coast position makes it the gateway to intl. destinations, especially from the Pacific and Asia are Los Angeles arrivals. This airport is also among the most active airports globally, offering 737 nonstop LAX airport arrivals daily to 100 plus domestic cities, more than a thousand international nonstop flights weekly to 88 plus cities in about 44 countries.
Top routes from LAX
Several transportation alternatives are available at the LAX, including door-to-door services of shuttle vans, airport buses, local buses, taxicabs, light rail, Rideshare services, and rental cars. A shuttle bus for free has Los Angeles Airport arrivals with a Metro Green Rail Line rail light, and the services of free buses transport passengers (shuttles) between the airline terminals.
LAX-it is placed east of Terminal no. 1, at a corner of the SkyWay and World Way – it’s a short walk from several terminals via the dedicated shuttle. The airport re-imagines the procedure of pickup for taxis, Lyft, Uber, and Opoli. That is including additional facilities such as benches, restrooms, umbrellas for rain and sun protection, and the local food trucks which you can make use of after Los Angeles flight arrivals.
The shuttles operate in a dedicated way on the LAX flight arrivals level, where they will not compete with some of the other airport traffics and will take guests from about any of the terminals to some new pickup area. Shuttles generally come each 3 to 5 min during the peak hours.
The offices of the car rental companies are not located at the terminal. At the Lower/Arrivals level are signs when you get outside the baggage claim. There is a group of car rental agencies that allow passengers to do a pick-up and drop-off. At every terminal there is a purple sign with Rental Car Shuttles. The following agencies will pick you up there:
Then there is a group of car rental agencies that are not allowed to do this (the ones that are not mentioned above). A special Metro Connector shuttle drives to the Remote Rental Car Depot for this.
There are basically 2 options. You can park a little further away and have a shuttle service drive you to the terminal or park directly in front of one of the terminals. The first is called Economy parking and the other parking lots are simply called P1 terminal etc., depending on which terminal you are at of course. If you park at the terminal, you generally don’t have to walk more than 10 minutes. For terminal parking, a Max daily rate of $50 applies, usually $30-40. However, there will also be a Premium location at each location. This is the closest parking and will be called Premium Terminal Parking. Parking for electric vehicles will also be extended to all terminals. At the time of writing it is only at P1, P5 and P6.
Los Angeles Airport Terminals
About nine passenger terminals at the Los Angeles airport are connected via a U-shaped, 2-level roadway. The majority of the inter-terminal connection needs passengers to exit security, use or walk shuttle buses to arrive at the other existing terminals, and re-clear security. Some LAX terminals offer air-side connections, allowing the connecting passengers to access other existing terminals without needing to re-clear via security after LAX arrivals.
Parking and terminal map
Airlines and destinations from Los Angeles Airport
About every significant domestic airline has Los Angeles arrivals, and many intl. carriers too. LAX serves numerous new-generation airline flights with Airbus A380, Boeing 747-8, & Boeing 787 Dreamliner than many other North American airports.
Nonstop domestic Los Angeles flight arrivals include the following:
- Albuquerque, New Mexico – Southwest via SkyWest Airlines and Compass Airlines.
- Anchorage, Alaska – via Alaska Airlines.
- Eureka/Arcata, California – via SkyWest Airlines.
- Colorado, Aspen – via SkyWest Airlines.
- Georgia, Atlanta – via Delta, American Airlines, United Airlines, Spirit Air Lines, Southwest, Frontier
- And many other LAX airport arrivals from Dallas/Fort Worth, Seattle, Honolulu, Phoenix, Chicago ORD, Las Vegas Airport, San Francisco, JFK and Denver.
There are busy international routes to Asia, Europe and Latin Americas as well. Some of the busiest LAX flight arrivals internationally are:
- London Heathrow – British Airways and Virgin Atlantic
- Mexico City – Aeroméxico, VivaAerobus and Volaris
- Seoul–Incheon – Asiana Airlines and Korean Air
- Hong Kong – Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Air
- Guadalajara – Aeroméxico, VivaAerobus and Volaris
- Vancouver – Air Canada and WestJet
- Sydney – Qantas and Virgin Australia
- Toronto–Pearson – Air Canada and WestJet
- Tokyo–Narita – All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines
- Paris–Charles de Gaulle – Air France, Air Tahiti Nui, Norwegian
Statistics of LAX Airport
- LAX is the 4th busiest airport across the world and the second busiest and crowded one in the US, based on the no. of passengers.
- In the year 2019, nearly 88 M passengers used LAX with a total of 691,257 Los Angeles Airport arrivals (number of airplanes). However, 2020 went downhill with a lot less LAX arrivals. There were 379,364 flight arrivals and a total of 28,779,527 passengers.
- About 88 % of travelers at Los Angeles Airport are O & O&D, i.e., origination and destination passengers, and about 22 % connect.
- Los Angeles handled about 26 million intl. Passengers in the year 2019 which is 30% of the total passenger volume of the airport. It’s a lot less 2020 because of the pandemic many international arrivals have been cancelled. In 2020 only 6 million international passengers passed by.
Hopefully, this guide will assist you to guide on your arrival at LAX. To know further, you may look over the web.
There are many hotels around Century Blvd located from around 200 USD. Almost all of them have a free shuttle service. The hotels are only 1 to 2 miles away and the shuttle will reach your destination within 10 minutes.
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
- Embassy Suites Los Angeles – International Airport/North
- Sonesta Los Angeles Airport LAX
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Los Angeles International Airport
- Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel