4100 Donald Douglas Drive, Long Beach,
CA 90808-1798, United States of America
Tel: +1 (0) 562 5702600
IATA code: LGB
ICAO code: KLGB
LGB Arrivals today and tomorrow
About Long Beach Airport LBA arrivals
Long Beach airport is a public airport just three miles northeast of downtown long beach, Los Angeles country, California. The airport is for commercial flights, corporate jets, charter flights, military, and government aircraft. Long Beach airport was founded in 1923. It offers services to many nonstop destinations in the USA and there are some Long Beach arrivals worldwide.
Long Beach airport history
The first transcontinental Long Beach flight arrivals were in 1911 on long beach sandy beach. From 1911 until the airport constructed, planes used the beach as a runway. The main terminal building was designed in 1941 by William Horace Austin and Smith Wing. In the 1940’s and 50’s, the only Long Beach airport arrivals came from Los Angeles before many other destinations and airlines used the airport.
Long Beach airport facilities
Long Beach Airport offers excellent facilities to its passengers when they have LGB airport arrivals. You can find a lot of outlets like:
- George Greek’s Café
- Polly’s coffee
- Long Beach News
- Burger Bar
- Little Brass Café
- And many more brands that serve foods or services.
Long Beach Airport offers very good services for shopping, you can buy gifts, clothes and many items.
Free WiFi is available throughout the terminal building and also mobile charging points. Special baby care rooms are available as well. ATM machines are their too.
Long Beach Island has three asphalt runways for all Long Beach flight arrivals. The main runway is 10000 by 200 ft. and this main runway can accommodate the largest aircraft in the world because of it’s length.
The second runway is 6200 by 150 ft, third runway is 3900 by 100 ft. and the airport has 6 helipads for LGB airport arrivals.
Terminals at Long Beach Airport
There is one terminal, which was renovated in 2013. There are 11 gates in this airport for Long Beach airport arrivals with gates 1–4 in the south concourse and 5–11 in the north concourse. You can get all services including food outlets and many shopping options.
- The North concourse occupies the following airlines: American airlines, Hawaiian airlines.
- The South concourse has LGB arrivals from Delta Airlines and Southwest airlines.
The airlines with most Long Beach Airport arrivals is Southwest Airlines. As most mentioned above, these following airlines are also frequently seen:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Hawaiian Airlines
Long Beach Airport Destinations
- Phoenix–Sky Harbor, Arizona
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sacramento, California
- Oakland, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Denver, Colorado
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Austin, Texas
- Kahului, Hawaii
- San Jose, California
- Reno Tahoe, Nevada
Places to visit in the Long city, CA
One of the reasons for the many Long Beach arrivals some of the popular places for a must visit in Long Beach city.
- Naples The southern neighborhood of long beach overlooking the pacific and Naples is a charming gayborhood build on three islands.
- Catalina island Catalina island provides a perfect picture that impresses every tourist. This is an ideal place for spending vacations.
- Eldorado east regional park Eldorado regional park is the largest park in long beach. Throughout the park, you have many fishing lakes, playgrounds and picnic shelters.
Transportation and directions
From the 91 you should take the exit to Lakewood Boulevard. From here is only a few miles south. Take a right at the Donald Douglas Drive and you will enter the airport area. If you travel from the south and drive on 405 you should also take the exit of Lakewood Boulevard. Then go north and cross Spring street. Shortly after take a left to Donald Douglas Drive.
When driving on the Donald Douglass Loop you have a choose for drop off, pick up, Parking Lots A and B, Taxi waiting lot, Rideshare and ground transportation and a Cell Phone Waiting Lot which is free of charge for a hour.
- Car Rentals: there are several car rental companies with a service desk in the transportation center across the terminal.
- Taxis: Taxis can be metered for short distances. There are Flat Rates for certain destinations. For a trip to San Pedro/Cruise Ships you pay $45. Other options:
- LAX $60
- Downtown LA $72
- Disneyland/Anaheim Convention Center $66
- Orange County/John Wayne Airport $60
- Burbank Airport $105
- Ontario Airport $120
Other popular options:
- to Seal Beach about $35
- to San Francisco
- to Los Angeles airport $70
- to Venice Beach $90
Ride shares: these are widely available outside the terminal. You have options to continue your journey with Lyft, Opoli, Uber or Wingz.
Public transport: if you want to travel further by train you have to go to Wardlow train Station. You will first have to travel here by taxi (14 USD) or ride share. You can also travel further by bus. There are several routes with bus lines such as 102, 104, and 111.