Address: 1 International Square, Kansas City, MO 64153, United States
Height: 313 m
Phone: +1 816-243-5237
Serves: Kansas City Metropolitan Area
Kansas city airport was built after the great flood of 1951 to destroy the facilities of Kansas City’s hometown. This airport covers a total of 10.680 acres. At the moment (2021) a new terminal with a concourse of 39 gates is being built on the old site of terminal A. The plan is to complete this in 2023, with 1 large terminal in front of the airport for all Kansas City departures and arrivals.
The airport serves around 12 million passengers in the year 2019. In 2020 the total aircraft operation was 73,715 and total passenger are around 4.4 million because of the pandemic.
Airlines that have MCI departures
- Air Canada express
- Alaska airlines
- American airlines
- American Eagle
- Delta airlines
- Delta connection
- Frontier airlines
- Spirit airlines
- United airlines
- United express
There are 2 terminals in Kansas city international airport. In terminal B contain 20 gates. In terminal B you get many services including dining and shopping. In terminal C contain 22 gates with a lot of options available for shopping and food. Kansas City Airport Departures start with the check-in in the terminals. Southwest and Delta are located in terminal B while others like Air Canada, United Airlines, Frontier, Alaska, Spirit and American have their check-in counters located in terminal C.
For departure from Kansas city international airport, you must see ground transportation facilities.
- Rental Car: You can also rent a car, there are a lot of companies like ACE, Almo, dollar fox, etc. This airport has rental car services with each terminal has 4 bus shuttle stops to the rental car center . The shuttles have every 2–5 minutes Kansas City airport departures and are free to charge for all passengers.
- By road: many companies are providing taxi services at this airport. The starting cost is around 2.50$ per mile. It takes around 25 minutes from the airport to Kansas City. There are drop and pick-up areas in terminals.
- The airport also offers public bus services to the airport. Route 229 services on around 18 trips per week. The timing of these buses started at 5:32 am and the end time is 11:17 pm. There is also another route 529 express bus. It cost you around 1.5$. A lot of private shared shuttle services are available from regional cities also, Saint Joseph, Missouri, Columbia, Topeka, etc.
All these are the busiest domestic routes with most MCI departures to Denver in Colorado:
|1||Denver, Colorado||219||Frontier, Southwest, United|
|2||Atlanta, Georgia||187||Delta, Southwest|
|3||Dallas/fort worth Texas||150||American|
|4||Phoenix sky harbor, Arizona||127||American, Southwest|
|6||Chicago midway, lllinois||109||southwest|
|7||Orlando Florida||81||Frontier, southwest, spirit|
There are 4 parking space are available-
- Park economy, would cost you around 7.50 USD per hour. The parking garage costs you around for 1–7 hours 3 USD per hour, and for 24 hours the total cost is 23 USD.
- The parking cycle costs you around 3 USD for 1–7 hours and 15 USD total for 24 hours. Park valet, costs you around 27 USD for 24 hours.
All these parking spaces are open for 24 hours, so you shouldn’t worry about KCI departures.