JFK Departures today
Address: Queens, New York 11430, United States
IATA Airport Code: JFK
ICAO airport code: KJFK
Alias: John F. Kennedy International Airport and Idlewild Airport
Tel: +1 (1) 718 2444444
Fax: +1 (1) 212 4353825
Owner: The Port Authority of NY & NJ
Discover John F. Kennedy International Airport Departures
John F. Kennedy International Airport is located in Queens (long island), New York. It is located in the southeast of downtown Manhattan. There are 2 other airports around Manhattan called LaGuardia and Newark. JFK carries the most passengers of the three annually and is more focused on international traffic. There are also 4 runways and 6 terminals. Most New York John F. Kennedy departures are of the airlines Delta Air Lines, American Airlines and JetBlue. The route from the airport to Manhattan is widely used and can be done in different ways.
Travel to the airport is easy with public transport. There are many train (travel to Howard Beach) and subway (travel to Jamaica or Howard Beach station) Station connections to the AirTrain. The Airtrain is a means of transport that starts just outside the airport and runs along all terminals.
There are also cheaper JFK departures by bus. There are several bus connections to different regions from terminal 5.
You can also travel by taxi if you want more convenience. To / from the center costs around 50-60 USD.
If you prefer to travel in the car yourself, you can also rent a car at the airport. After arriving by plane you will eventually end up in arrival hall where many car rental companies are located. Then there are JFK airport departures with the AirTrain at to the Federal Circle Station where the car can be picked up and dropped off. You can also drive your own car to the airport and park there. There are plenty of parking options in front of each terminal. However, these are for a maximum of 24 hours. If you want to park for longer, you can do so at Long-Term Parking Lot 9 at Lefferts Boulevard AirTrain Station.
Terminals at JFK Airport
There are a total of six (probably 5) terminals where New York John F. Kennedy airport departures take place to domestic and international destinations. The numbers of the terminals may be a bit crazy, but that is because some of them are closed.
- Terminal 1 is mainly used by airlines Air France, Lufthansa, Korean Air and Japan Airlines. There are more companies from Skyteam, Star Alliance and Oneworld.
- Terminal 2 is an older terminal and is widely used by Delta Air Lines as a hub to fly to many destinations around the world or back to its Atlanta home base. This terminal is / will be closed and there will be more gates at Terminal 4 so that Delta will also relocate.
- Terminal 4 is the largest terminal with the most international flights. It is used by KLM, China Airlines, Aeromexico, Delta Air Lines, Air Europa, Kenya Airways, Air India, Asiana Airlines, Singapore Arlines, South African Airways, Caribbean Airlines, Emirates, Etihad Airways, JetBlue, Latam, Virgin Atlantic, WestJet , Volaris and a few airlines.
- Terminal 5 will house the only hotel at the airport named TWA Hotel in 2019. Many of the airlines featured here: JetBlue, TAP Air Portugal, Aer Lingus, Hawaiian Airlines.
- Terminal 7 is for the JFK departures of British Airways, Alaska Airlines, Iberia, LOT Polish Airlines, United Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Icelandair, Eurowings and a couple others. The last terminal,
- Terminal 8, is a hub for American Airlines and has most JFK flight departures. Other frequent seen airlines are Cathay Pacific, Qantas, Finnair and Qatar Airways and probably British Airways in the near future.
Below are the terminals with check-in maps. Some airlines are not displayed even if they do have a check-in.
Departures check-in area Terminal 1 (level 3), 4 (level 4), and 5 (level 3).
Departures check-in area Terminal 7 (level 2), and 8 (level 3).
As mentioned, there are 4 runways at the airport, 1 of which is 14,500 feet long and one of the longest in the world. The remaining three are from 8,400 to 12,100 feet in length.
Airlines at JFK Airport
Delta Air Lines, together with JetBlue, has the most JFK departures with a share of 71 percent. The main routes are international to London-Heathrow (British Airways and Virgin Atlantic) and Paris-Charles de Gaulle (Air France). At some distance, Mexico City (VivaAerobus), Santo Domingo, Santiago, Amsterdam (KLM), Milan-Malpensa (Alitalia and Air Italy), Frankfurt (Lufthansa), Madrid (Air Europa and Iberia) and Seoul-Incheon (Korean Air and Asiana Airlines).
Domestic JFK airport departures
The vast majority of domestic departures go to California (Los Angeles and San Francisco). Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, San Juan, Phoenix, Seattle and Salt Lake City follow a great distance.