Houston William P. Hobby International Airport
7800 Airport Boulevard, Houston,
TX 77061, USA
Tel: +1 (0) 713 6403000
IATA code: HOU
ICAO code: KHOU
HOU Arrivals today
About William P. Hobby Airport and flight arrivals
In the entire Houston city, Texas, William P. Hobby Airport is the largest and also oldest commercial international airport. It is 7 miles from downtown Houston. Hobby was also the primary Houston airport until George Bush international airport was built. The George Bush Airport started with HOU arrivals in the year of 1969. Hobby arrivals actually stopped after the opening of the intercontinental Houston airport. After 7 years it re-started. It become the secondary airport for the popular domestic airline service and the center for the private and corporate aviation. It is the base for southwest airlines that serves Houston Hobby arrivals both domestic and international flights from.
Top routes from HOU
- DAL – Dallas
- DEN – Denver
- ATL – Atlanta
- AUS – Austin
- SAT – San Antonio
- DFW – Dallas
- MSY – New Orleans
- LAS – Las Vegas
- PHX – Phoenix
- MCO – Orlando
- MDW – Chicago
Most flights are by far the most operated by Southwest Airlines. Flights are offered to many major as well as small cities in the US. Then there are also some international flights. These often go via Atlanta or Denver, but direct flights abroad are also available. These are destinations in Central America and the Caribbean. Some examples:
- Mexico: San Jose del Cabo Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel, and Cancun
- Belize City Philip S. W. Goldson
- Liberia International Airport
- San Jose Juan Santamaria Int. Airport
- Montego Bay Sangster Jamaica
Jet age arrivals in William P. Hobby Airport
- The first Houston Hobby airport arrivals were non-stop Delta Douglas DC-8s from New York in December 1959.
- In the year 1960, Boeing 707s was introduced by Braniff International which were a non-stop Hobby airport flight arrivals from Dallas Love Field.
- At the same time, they also direct to Chicago O’Hare Airport, Dallas Love Field, and direct to Denver, Kansas City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Lubbock.
- The international Hobby flight arrivals of this airport started in the year 1960’s. Currently there are hundreds of internationally serving airlines from/to Hobby.
- The vertical construction of the airport expansions was officially finished on 15th October, 2015. Southwest airlines recently launched the international Hobby airport arrivals the same day.
Ground transportation at William P. Hobby Airport
When considering the Metropolitan Transit legitimate of Harris County, it ends at Curbzone 13. There are different numbers of Courtesy vans in operation by the different motels and hotels in and around the entire Houston region. At the same time, the passengers or others can also see courtesy telephones in the baggage claim areas when having HOU arrivals for requesting the pick-up for most of the motels and hotels.
For the budget conscious individuals, there are also shared ride shuttle services available when they experience Hobby arrivals when SuperShuttle ceased business along with the citing contest from trip sharing services Lyft and Uber.
In addition, there are also regularly shuttle and bus service given by the different carriers to the locations from Houston to the different areas outside the metropolitan region of Houston and to the College Station and Galveston. Such kinds of services can also be found in the baggage claim area.
You can also find taxis at Curb Zone 3, and at Curb Zone 5, you can find two different types of transportation services such as Uber and Lyft.
If you want to get some more details about the Hobby airport flight arrivals, you can directly contact an official website of this airport for the information regarding the Hobby flight arrivals through the telephone, email, or live chat. At the same time, the flight arrivals are often listed in the form of table at the official website for giving regular and updated flight arrivals related information and timing and it will be greatly helpful for people. But of course it’s also on this page possible to see the live Hobby airport arrivals.
Hobby airport terminal and passenger statistics
There is only 1 terminal for all Hobby arrivals with 30 gates divided into 2 concourses. These concourses are either for domestic flights or international flights. The substantial growth since 2009 has not been unseen. The airport has grown from 8 to more than 14 million passengers per year. The Hobby airport arrivals from Dallas-Love Field, Atlanta and Denver are responsible for most traffic. Due to corona many flights have been cancelled to eventually only have 6-7 million passengers in 2020.