Houston George Bush International Airport
Address: 2800 N Terminal Rd, Houston, TX 77032, United States
Departments: KIAH – George Bush Int.
Airport code: IAH
Elevation: 95 ft
Phone: +1 281-230-3100
Hub for: Atlas Air; United Airlines
IAH Departures today
George Bush International Airport Departures
George Bush intl Airport of Houston opened in 1969-June, which is among the busiest and one of the US’s crowded airports, with IAH airport departures available to around 200 plus destinations. This airport is a center for United Airlines, operating five runways and can cater to over 45 million-plus passengers every year and work more than 650 plus daily Houston Bush airport departures. This airport is located around 22 miles north of Houston’s center.
Take a ride your way
If you are travelling for your business purpose or leisure, you are sure to get something interesting when it comes to seeing or do things in Houston, Texas. And since it is the state’s most known and populous city, it has so much to offer both international & local travelers. Nevertheless, its popularity may also make it a little difficult to find reliable transportation services at the airport after Houston IAH departures.
Travel to and from IAH airport
- Buses: The metro bus runs from the airport through to Houston’s METRO station’s center with the course taking 50 to 90 minutes. The buses pick you up and drop you off from C Terminal’s very south side on the baggage claim level. George Bush departures will be only during daytime
- Shuttles: The IAH recommends the travelers SuperShuttle to book the non-stop & shared-ride shuttles to & from IAH.
- Taxi: The Taxis out there are available outside baggage claims at Terminals B, C, A, and E. Travel to downtown Houston costs $57, and $65 to Galleria/Medical Center area, and $102 to NASA Space Center. A pick up is therefore possible at the aforementioned terminals, but a drop off is possible at any terminal.
- Rental Cars: these cannot be booked at the terminal. A special Rental Car Center has been set up for this purpose. Free shuttle buses run continuously here where you can then rent a car.
Parking is easy between one of the five terminals at IAH. If you park in one of the garages at the terminals you pay $24-26 per day. Valet Parking is a few dollars more expensive. If you want to park cheaper, you can use Economy Parking. There are two locations: Ecopark (16152 John F. Kennedy Blvd) offers covered and uncovered. At the other location at Ecopark2 you can park under cover at the address 5021 Will Clayton Parkway.
Houston George Bush Airport Terminals
Houston George Bush Airport consists of five terminals (i.e., A, B, & C, plus D, including E) for all those IAH international departures, all of which are connected via a subway train’s services.
- Terminal A possesses a couple of departure junctions at the south and north ends. The concourse north serves 18 gates numbered A3A-H & A1, A2, whereas the south junction serves eleven gates numbered A24-A30 & A17-A20. Most US based airlines such as Alaska, American, Frontier, Southwest, United, Spirit and Delta depart from this terminal.
- Terminal B is the biggest one with 70 gates including hardstands. United Airlines offer all flights from here.
- Terminal C: United Airlines departures only.
- For all non-precleared with IAH international departures you should leave from Terminal D or E. Terminal D processes flights for all international airlines include United and Sun Country as well. Terminal E is United Airlines only.
The majority of airlines working out at this airport includes Braniff Intl Airways, Delta Air Line, Eastern Air Lines, the Pan American Airways, among several others including-
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Boutique Air
- Frontier Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- United Airlines
There are other carriers but with less frequent Houston airport departures to this airport like:
- Aeroméxico, VivaAerobus, British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, Avianca El Salvador, Volaris, Singapore Airlines, Air France, Air New Zealand, Air China, All Nippon Airways.
Flight routes at Houston George Bush Airport
Domestic Houston airport departures to:
- Los Angeles, California
- Denver, Colorado (busiest flight route with the carriers Southwest, United, Spirit, and Frontier Airlines)
- Chicago– Illinois
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Fort Worth/Dallas, Texas
- LaGuardia, New York
- New Orleans
But also Newark New Jersey with 429 thousand passengers last year followed by Orlando, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Miami.
International non-stop George Bush airport departures:
- Puerto Vallarta
- San Jose del Cabo Los Cabos
- Belize City Philip S. W. Goldson
- San Juan Luis Munoz Marin SJU
- Quito Mariscal Sucre
- Bogota El Dorado
- Panama City Tocumen
- San Jose Juan Santamaria SJO
- San Salvador SAL
- San Pedro Sula La Mesa
Most international Bush airport departures go to Mexico (Cancún, Monterrey and Mexico City as most busiest). After that flights to Europe with:
Of course there are also many IAH airport departures to Canada like Calgary and Toronto-Pearson.
Houston airport statistics
George Bush Intl Airport is one of the busiest and crowded airports in Houston, Texas, and the 2nd largest when you talk about Texas’s airports after DFW, i.e., Dallas Fort Worth Intl Airport.
It is a well-laid-out airport with easy connections between the terminals courtesy Skyway and the subway trains running outside and inside the bound area. The passengers even choose to walk in between the majority of the terminals inside a secure area when connecting from the domestic flight. From 1986 there have been significant grew until 2006. Since then the amount of Houston IAH departures has fluctuated with a range of 40-45 million passengers annually.
The closer to the airport, the less likely you are to miss a flight due to traffic on the road. Completely ideal if you can stay overnight at the airport. This is what Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental offers. No hassle, quickly with an early flight at the terminal to check in and on to the gate. At 2-3 miles away you have even more options where you can stay. These include:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Aprt
- Courtyard by Marriott Houston Intercontinental Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Holiday Inn Houston NE – Bush Airport Area, an IHG Hotel
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
- Palace Inn Blue IAH East