Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
Address: Detroit, MI 48242, United States
Departments: Detroit Metro Airport Fire Department Station 1 Wayne County Airport Authority Wayne County Airport Maintenance Facility
Airport code: DTW
Elevation: 600 ft
Phone: +1 734-247-7678
Node for: Delta Air Lines
DTW Departures today
About Detroit Metro airport international departures
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport is one of the largest airports in the US. It is located in the north of the country in the state of Michigan near the Canadian border. About 40 miles from the city, it sits on 4,850 acres of land. Many flights from Delta and Spirit Airlines, among others, are operated here. The majority of Detroit departures go to other US airports but some will go to holiday destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico or Europe. The Detroit Metropolitan Airport even has 6 runways and consists of two terminals. On average, 35 million passengers use the airport every year.
Some of the busiest routes:
- ORD – Chicago O’Hare
- LGA – LaGuardia NY
- EWR – Newark NY
- DCA – Washington National Ronald Reagan
- TPA – Tampa
Airport map with McNamara Terminal and North Terminal
Numbers Detroit Metropolitan Airport
The Wayne County Airport is a busiest airport of the country and it is currently known as the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport. Today, it is one of the busiest and largest airports in US having 4,850 acres in size and serving 32 million Detroit Metro Airport departures per year. This airport makes nearly 10.2 billion dollars in annual economic impact of the country and also supports over 86,000 jobs in Michigan. It is also considered as the major hub for Delta Airlines who offer most Detroit airport departures.
Detroit airport terminals
Which airline departs from which terminal?
- If you fly with the airlines Air France or Delta Air Lines, you will most likely fly from the McNamara terminal. The ticketing is on Level 3. From here you go through security to Level 2 for the gates. The boarding will also take place there.
- All other airlines like Air Canada, Alaska, American Airlines, Frontier, JetBlue, United, Spirit, Southwest fly from Evans Terminal or also North Terminal. Both check-in and departures take place at Level 2.
The internet users can also get the details like arriving passengers, connecting passengers, pick up & drop off, arriving aircraft along with the timing, and more. Flights of this day can be checked on this page in the above scheme. These flights will show the flight number, carrier, destination, DTW airport departures city and status if it’s scheduled, delayed, cancelled or landed. Some other facilities in this airport include,
- Gates and Boarding – An official website provides the details about the different gates and boarding related information to make you ready for your Detroit Metro departures and board your flight. For this purpose, the professionals will also give you some useful tips and tricks to read your ticket, find your gate, and etc.
- Shopping – There are quite some shops available inside the airport to check out the travel essentials or pick up anything special for your dear ones.
- Ground transportation – This kind of facility provides the information regarding the travel from/to the airport with the affordable and reliable transportation options.
- Parking – Those who are all visiting the airport should need to leave your vehicle at the back while you travel with the affordable and safe on-site parking.
Want to know the DTW departures in Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
The passenger terminals in this airport actually offer the ample amenities and also the streamlined security features for all leisure and business travelers who have DTW flight departures. It also accommodates the luggage check-in and ticketing areas to start your Detroit Metropolitan airport departures, various shops & restaurants, and 2 TSA passenger inspection areas whenever you are going to the upper level. If it is the lower level, it is especially reserved for the baggage & some other types of the airport functions. The Detroit departures in these terminals will be listed with the name of the airlines, flight number, and also the time. Every gate in this airport can serve the wide array of aircraft which enable the airport to adjust the different operations without the expensive renovations. Such information will be greatly helpful to run the airport smoothly.
Detroit flight departures North terminal map
Airlines and destinations
With 30-40 million passengers annually in the last 20 years, there are many daily flights. Most Detroit airport departures are operated by the airline Delta Air Lines with a market share of more than 40 percent. Other common carriers with DTW airport departures include Spirit Airlines, Endeavor Air, SkyWest Airlines and American Airlines. These mainly offer flights to domestic cities in the US. The busiest route is to Atlanta Airport in Georgia. Other busy routes include the following:
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
- Fort Myers Southwest Florida
- Los Angeles
- Fort Lauderdale
- Dallas Fort Worth
- Las Vegas
- Orlando in Florida
Other frequently seen airlines at Detroit airport are Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, United Airlines and Southwest airlines.
However, there are also many international Detroit Metro departures to destinations in:
- Canada (Toronto Pearson)
- Mexico (Cancun Airport)
- Asia (Beijing Capital, Shanghai Pudong, Tokyo Narita and Seoul Incheon).
However, most DTW flight departures go to Europe and in particular Amsterdam Schiphol in The Netherlands. Paris Charles de Gaulle (with Air France) and Frankfurt (with Lufthansa) will rank 2 and 3 on the busiest international route list.
- Bus: you can travel further with SMART bus Routes 125 and 280. There is also a FAST option that makes fewer stops and is faster in downtown. The FAST bus is route 261 and stops at both terminals.
- Shuttle: there are several shuttle buses to and from the airport. This is possible for the hotels but also to drive to the Car Rental Campus. There is also a terminal to terminal shuttle bus that departs every 10 minutes.
- Taxi/Rideshare: you can travel by taxi with Metro Cab or Metro Cars. They offer a service to and from both McNamara and Evans Terminal. This is at Level 4. You can also choose to travel with a ride share. There is a drop off at the curbside in front of the terminal or at a pick up in one of the garages in front of the terminal. This is on Level 1 at Big Blue Deck and at the McNamara Parking this is on Level 4.
- Rental car: traveling with a rental car is an ideal way to discover the area or to get to your final destination. This offers a lot of freedom and it is very popular in Detroit. There is a special section for the car rental agencies which they call the Car Rental Campus. This is located north of the airport, but with the free shuttle service it can be reached quickly and easily. After the rental you can quickly return the car to the same location. Some agencies to rent a car are Budget, Enterprise, Dollar, Thrifty and Avis.
Parking status in Metro Airport:
Whenever you are considering the parking status in this metro airport of Michigan, there are various parking of aircraft available before you have Metro airport departures such as,
- Big Blue Deck long term parking north terminal
- Big Blue Deck short term parking north terminal
- McNamara long term parking garage
- McNamara short term parking garage
- Green Lot 1
- Green Lot 2
If you are visiting an official site of this airport, you can get the current status details of these parking areas whether it is open or closed. At the same time, this official website will give you an opportunity to obtain the information regarding the Detroit Metropolitan Airport departures and departing passenger lists for the various purposes.
Staying at the airport for an overnight stay can provide some advantages. If you have an early departure from the McManara terminal, it’s ideal if you don’t have to go all the way from home to the airport. So stay at the The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport hotel. If you still want to choose to stay in another hotel, you can easily travel with a shuttle service from the hotel. Some options:
- Wingate by Wyndham Detroit Metro Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
- Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport