Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
LC Smith Terminal Mezzanine Level, Detroit,
MI 48242, United States of America
Tel: +1 (1) 734 9423550
Fax: +1 (1) 734 9423793
IATA code: DTW
ICAO code: KDTW
DTW Arrivals today
About Detroit Metro airport international arrivals
Detroit Metro is a most popular Airport in Wayne County. It is also known as the Metro Airport or Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport and tt covers 4,850 acres or 1,960 ha in Romulus, Michigan. It’s considered as the primary international airport which servers widely in Detroit and is also the busiest airport with most Detroit airport arrivals in Michigan. FAA or Federal Aviation Administration which is the national plan of the integrated airport systems categorized this airport as the largest hub majorly for the primary commercial service facility for the years 2017 to 2021 to process the Metro airport arrivals.
Top routes from DTW
Detroit Metro Airport facilities
The airport is the main hub with many DTW airport arrivals for all Spirit Airlines and Delta Airlines. It servers as the major gateway of Delta Air Lines to Asia for the Eastern region of US. There are Detroit arrivals from totally 30 international destinations. It have many domestic destinations as well by the airlines from this airport to server about 39 states across the United States. It has totally 6 runways for all DTW flight arrivals, 129 in-service gates, and also 2 terminals and is operated by the Airport Authority of the Wayne County.
This airport also has the wonderful range of the maintenance facilities which are capable of repairing and also serving the aircraft as big as the Boeing 747- 400. As it is the metropolitan airport, it servers Detroit flight arrivals for the entire Detroit area of Metro city, the Toledo, Ohio area about 40 miles South, Southwestern Ontario in Canada, Windsor, Ontario, and the Ann Arbor area to the west. It usually serves Detroit airport arrivals from over 140 destinations and thus it is considered as the largest and also busiest airport in United States with full of customer satisfactions.
DTW arrivals McNamara terminal
Detroit Metropolitan airport arrivals
- Whenever the passengers are considering the Detroit Metropolitan Airport arrivals, you can check official website for the latest news.
- You can also have an opportunity to track the Detroit Metro arrivals & departing flights there with the real time status updates over here in the above scheme.
- You can also directly check the additional details like cancellations or delays of flights with the dedicated airline website.
The airlines which server in this DTW airport include,
- Air France
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
Popular destinations from Detroit Airport
The airlines that serve Detroit Metro airport arrivals from the different types of destinations such as
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- New York-LaGuardia
- Grand Rapids
Seasonally to some other destinations like:
- Fort Myers
- Traverse City, and etc.
Montego Bay, Cancun, and Punta Cana are the most popular beach holiday destinations.
There are also 4 cargo airlines having Detroit Metro arrivals for some special destinations and they are listed below:
- Atlas Air
- Delta Air Lines
- UPS Airlines
- FedEx Express
These cargo airlines reach the destinations like Cincinnati, Brussels, Columbus-Rickenbacker, Louisville, and more.
- North and South: start on the John D. Dingell Dr. from one of the terminals. Drive west to the Eureka Road. Take the I-275 South or North
- West and East: take the W G Rogell Drive and take I-94 West or East to downtown
- Car rental: to rent a car you can make a reservation online. You can also book at one of the car rental counters. There is a Rental Car Campus where all agencies are located. You get here by means of a courtesy shuttle bus which will be ready after you get out of the baggage claim. They are then ready at the Ground Transportation Centers. You can reach the campus in minutes. There is also the drop off after the car rental.
- Taxi and Rideshares: ready to leave at Level 4.
- Shuttles: there are shuttle buses that drive between the McNamara and Evans Terminal. Other shuttles go to the car rental center or hotels.
- SMART (FAST): If you have an arrival at Evans Terminal you can continue your journey on Route 125 or Route 280. From McNamara Terminal you can only do that on Route 125. There is also an express bus from SMART which they call FAST. These buses make fewer stops to Downtown Detroit.
Ground travel map McNamara terminal
Park in one of the garages in front of the two terminals (Big Blue Deck and McNamara Parking) or at the Green Lots. For most parts a 7’0″ vehicle height applies. In the garages there are a few spots for vehicles that are no higher than 8’2″. If your car is higher, you must park at the Green Lots.
- Short term parking: prices for both garages are the same. Park 1/2 hour or less for $4. This slowly increases to a maximum of $38 per 24 hours.
- Long term parking: this is also possible in the parking garages in addition to the Green Lots. The daily rates are lower than short term parking with $26 in McNamara garage and $18 in Big Blue Deck garage. If you want cheaper, we recommend one of the 2 Green Lots. This is $15 a day. Payment is only possible by credit card.
Parking map Detroit Airport
There is 1 hotel located at the airport. This is The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel and is located at the McNamara terminal. All other options are near the Car Rental Campus north of the airport. Some options you have here are:
- Days Inn by Wyndham Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Detroit Metro Airport
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
- Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, an IHG Hotel