Des Moines International Airport
Address: 5800 Fleur Dr, Des Moines, IA 50321, United States
IATA airport code: DSM
Altitude: 1040 ft
Phone: +1 515-256-5050
Focus city for: Allegiant Air
DSM Departures today
Discover Des Moines International airport departures
Des Moines International Airport is a civil-military airport, which is located three miles southwest of Iowa’s capital, Des Moines. There are routes to big airline hubs and vacation spots with DSM airport departures. Des Moines International Airport is called a primarily commercial airport, and 1,295,685 people used the airport in 2020.
- Rideshare and Taxi: Use local transit to get to your final destination quickly and easily. Uber and Lyft operate in the Des Moines airport region. Rideshare service drops off patients in the airport before Des Moines flight departures and picks up the passengers from the other terminal side of the airport.
- Car rentals: Des Moines Airport has six rental car companies that appeal to the general public. Both agencies are in the baggage claim section of the airport which is accessible for the public. When you have Des Moines airport departures with a rental car then you will find out that there are specific parking places.
- Shuttles: The airport offers a free local shuttle service that transports passengers to and from the airport. Hotel shuttles will also help to take travelers to and from the airport.
- Bus and para-transit: Travelers can book a variety of services to get you where you need to go. DSM departures by bus service is available from the metro rail, national bus lines, and the Heart of Iowa Regional Transit Agency, which serves the counties surrounding the airport.
Check-in information at Des Moines Airport
Check-in begins 24 hours before DSM airport departures. There is a possibility of check-in online at the airline ticket counter. Passengers must arrive 90 minutes before Des Moines flight departures time. Stop at the airline ticket counter to check your bag. The airport does not have a separate curb for checking in for luggage. If you plan to only carry hand luggage, you must check the luggage size allowance. In the case of vocational trips, additional time for ticketing and screening is allowed.
Ticket counters for Des Moines departures are in the north main terminal. Only for Southwest Airlines, it is in the south end terminal near the baggage claim. The ticket counters will be opened, based on the scheduled flight time.
Cancellation and delays
If an initiating flight or link is canceled or delayed, contact the airline as soon as possible. If you need to reschedule your flight, your airline will work with you to arrange another flight for Des Moines airport departures.
Covid safety measures
- Using disinfectants and cleaning high-touch areas such as ticket counter, handrails, elevator buttons, escalators, and bathroom doors.
- Face coverings are required for all passengers as per federal regulations; face coverings are required on all DSM departures.
- Passengers will have access to more hand sanitizer stations in the terminal and DSM airport departures hall.
- Educative signage about personal hygiene was placed in the airport.
- Plexiglass barriers were installed, to secure travelers and workers.
- Constant communication with our airline and tenant partners to monitor and react to changes in the health of our region is provided.
Des Moines International Airport is committed to safety and put forth many procedures to keep employees and travelers safe during the pandemic. Following the guidance of the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, minimized the spread of COVID- 19 at the airport. Federal laws require wearing the mask at the airport, and if anyone refused to wear the mask may result in removal, denied re-entry, and subjected to penalties.
Destinations Des Moines Airport
Most Des Moines departures will go to