DSM Arrivals today
Des Moines Airport
5800 Fleur Drive, Suite 201, Des Moines,
IA 50321-2854, USA
Tel: +1 (0) 515 2565100
IATA code: DSM
ICAO code: KDSM
Des Moines International Airport Arrivals
Des Moines International Airport (DSM) is 4.8 miles southwest of Des Moines, the capital of Iowa, and is a civilian-military airport. For 2017–21 it is referred to as a primary business service airport by the National Plan for Integrate Airport Systems. The 132nd Iowa Air National Guard Division serves the airport. Since the beginning of the 1930s it started with the first DSM airport arrivals to Iowans and visitors. Now almost 3 million (2019) passengers travel annually through Des Moines Airport. Due corona there were much less Des Moines arrivals in 2020 and 2021.
Des Moines International Airport is located on the east coast of Iowa. 31 prime airports are connected to the airport and have Des Moines flight arrivals. Des Moines is the capital of Iowa, is a state in the Midwestern region of the United States, bordered by the Mississippi River. Iowa is Polk County’s county seat. A small part of the city reaches Warren County. It was incorporated on September 22, 1851, in Fort Des Moines and abbreviated in 1857 as “Des Moines.” The International Airport of Des Moines (DSM), located in the south part of Floor Drive in Des Moines, offers a non-stop U.S. Des Moines airport arrivals.
As of December 2020, Allegiant Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines have DSM arrivals. FedEx and UPS have an airport that operates over 10 locations for a massive cargo operation. Some aircraft, cargo, and military are handled at the airport as well.
It isn’t an airport with worldwide connections but there are regularly flights with DSM airport arrivals from the following cities:
- Las Vegas, Orlando/Sanford, Phoenix/Mesa, Punta Gorda (FL), St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Dallas/Fort Worth, Phoenix–Sky Harbor, Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia, Washington–National, Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York–LaGuardia, Salt Lake City, Denver, St. Louis, Chicago–O’Hare, Denver, and Houston–Intercontinental.
The airport is 2,625 acres and 292 m high. There are two runways for Des Moines arrivals: the direction 5/23 is 9,000 feet; the direction 13/31 is 9,000 feet.
There are two Concourses at the airport from a single terminal for all Des Moines flight arrivals. Concourse A serves Allegiant airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines. And American, Delta Airlines, and Frontier Airlines served by Concourse B. The airport has been in talks to build a completely new terminal for the past few years as they are rapidly overtaking the existing building and can be expected to begin construction within the next decade to expand and increase Des Moines airport arrivals.
In 2016, the airport was used by a total of 2,48 million passengers, up 5% from 2015. Des Moines International airport was the record-breaking airport in 2019 for 2.92 million passengers. Due to the pandemic there is a fall to 1,3 million passengers in 2020 which is a 55% decrease in DSM arrivals
DSM airport arrivals
As we are in a pandemic situation, here are few instructions to follow by FDA to U.S. Citizens and other country travelers:
If an FDA-approved vaccine obsoletes completely vaccinated to you:
- The CDC recommendation for safe travel should be followed and tested 3-5 days after Des Moines arrivals.
- When you arrive at Des Moines Airport, you do not have to isolate yourself.
If you are not vaccinated:
- Virus testing 1-3 days before your Des Moines flight arrivals.
- A negative COVID-19 test outcome must be obtained three days before departure or boarding a flight to Des Moines three months before recovery documents from COVID-10 for all air travelers into Des Moines including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated persons.
- Get your virus tested 3-5 days after your visit and stay home and isolated seven days after your Des Moines airport arrivals.
As you reach Des Moines International Airport, you can get all types of ground transport 24 hours a day like taxis and shuttles, car rentals, and bus services are available from Monday to Friday.