Denver International Airport
Hub for Frontier Airlines and United Airlines
Serves: Denver, Front Range Urban Corridor
Phone: (303) 342-2000 or (800) 247-2336
8500 Peña Blvd.
Denver, CO 80249-6340
Airport codes: DEN & KDEN
DEN Departures today
Discover Denver international airport departures
Denver International Airport is one of the largest busiest in the country, at 33,531 acres. It has the longest runway in North America with a length of 16,000 feet for Denver airport flight departures, about 4,000 feet longer than the other runways. So it’s easily can have Denver departures with the biggest airplanes of the world. The location is approximately 25 miles from downtown Denver.
The inauguration was in 1995 with its first Denver Colorado airport departures. 23 different airlines operate with more than 215 destinations in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. It employs more than 35,000 employees and has a pointed roof that resembles mountains with snow that you can see before Denver flight departures. There are many more beautiful decorations in the terminals. There are several paintings and there are murals. Another piece of art is the famous horse standing outside. This horse is called the Blue Mustang and is 32 feet high.
Most popular flight routes
- PHX – Philadelphia
- LAX – Los Angeles
- SLC – Salt Lake City
- ORD – Chicago O’Hare
- LAS – Las Vegas
- SEA – Seattle
- DFW – Dallas Fort Worth
- LGA – NY LaGuardia
- IAH – Houston International
- ATL – Atlanta
About Denver Airport
Denver Airport (DEN) is ranked 16th of the world’s busiest airports (2019), while in the United States, it ranks fifth. In 2019, more than 69 million passengers traveled through this airport, generating more than 33.5 billion dollars for Colorado. There were ‘only’ 442,571 DIA flight departures in 2020 to transport 33,7 million passengers. That’s a lot less than the year before because of the pandemic. Especially international DEN departures are holding back but hopefully better times in 2021.
They work to offer optimal work for all their passengers where the Rocky Mountains are the landscape that welcomes you. All staff is available to help passengers inside the terminal and have a good experience.
It has ATM’s, restaurants, fast food restaurants, post offices, a clinic, retail stores, and a massage area are available when having Denver flight departures. The hotel at the terminal is Westin Denver International Airport Hotel. With hundreds of rooms and many top services, this is an excellent option for a temporary stay.
Denver Airport terminal
You can travel through Denver International Airport safely and reliably. They care about all their passengers’ safety and are responsible for complying with what is established by the federal government. That is why all passengers over two years of age must necessarily wear a face mask while at the airport facilities.
In the terminal, there are two vending machines for passengers who need to buy a mask which is accessible before DEN airport departures. They also have hand disinfection stations that are distributed throughout the airport. Additionally, they have plexi-glass barriers in the inspection of TSA documents on the different airlines’ podiums, at the fracturing counters, in stores, and in restaurants.
If you want to get to the Denver airport, there are many options for you to travel from the city to the air terminal. Denver is a city that has a bus company that provides service to the airport or vice versa with many Denver departures. These buses are from the RTD Skyride transport that has their stop on level 5 of the terminal. If you want more information on routes and rates, you can go to this place or visit the Denver airport website.
When you arrive at the airport, you will check-in, and then you must go through the checkpoints and pass your belongings in the plastic trays. They can then proceed to the boarding area and wait for their airline to call to board the plane. You can check the electronic screens, so you know your flight status and the DEN departures gate. This process is for all Colorado springs airport departures.
Map terminals and gates
Location of Denver Airport
Denver International Airport is located at 8500 Peña Blvd, Denver, CO 80249, United States. It is northeast of Denver, Colorado. There are several directions to the airport. From downtown and the national parks and places like Aspen, Idaho Springs and black Hawk, travel on I-70 and then take Pena Blvd. For many suburbs you can go for the Colorado E470. From Colorado Springs you can choose the I-25 or the 83 and then also take the Colorado E470.
- A Line Commuter Train: This takes you to or from Denver Union station in downtown in just over half an hour. There are departures every 15 minutes during peak times. Out there every 30 minutes. Some other stations where the A Line stops are 38th and Blake Street, Central Park, and 61st and Peña Boulevard.
- Car Sharing Services: Turo and Avail offer a car for rent from another person. You can book such a car at availcarsharing.com.
- Charter Buses: these buses run to various locations in the Colorado state but also beyond. They’ll be ready after you exit the terminal at Level 5. Some organizations include Gray Line Of Denver, Arrow Stage Lines, Ramblin’ Express Inc, and Hermes Worldwide, Inc.
- Mountain Carriers: these are operators who arrange transport to the mountains and then mainly to the ski and resort places. The pick-up and drop-off is at Level 5 of the Jeppesen terminal. Some options: Aspen Snowmass Express, Epic Mountain Express, Fresh Tracks Transportation, Golden West Airport Shuttle, and Mountain Ready Rides.
- Public Bus Service: Operated by Regional Transportation District (RTD). RTD buses pick-up and drop-off passengers at the DEN Transit Center. There are departures to Denver city center every 15-30 minutes. Interregional services are also offered via Bustang to Fort Collings, Glenwood Springs and Tejon/Nevada with a few stops in between.
- Ride App Services: Uber and Lyft are available with passengers boarding at Level 5, Island 5. Disembark is also at this level at the Curbside.
- Taxicabs: Traveling by taxi for a flat rate to downtown costs $56.03. This falls under Zone A. There are multiple zones and fixed prices for this. You can also opt for a metered taxicabs. These are generally slightly more expensive.
- Car Rentals: the counters are on Level 5 where you can also find a baggage claim. They can be found on Island 4 on both the East and West sides. There are several car rental companies such as Alamo Rent A Car, Avis, Enterprise, Fox, National and Thrifty. You will then be taken by shuttle bus to the relevant parking lot of the car rental agency to continue traveling with your rental car. The shuttle time takes about 5 minutes.
- Parking Lots: you can easily park next to the terminal. You have a choice between East and West. Both have a covered garage (Max 8′) for $7/hour or max $30/day. A good option for short stay parking. There is also an Economy option. This is more common for long term parking where you can park for $16-18 per day.
Airlines with frequently Denver flight departures
As mentioned above, many airlines operate at this airport, some of these are:
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Boutique Air
- British Airways
- Copa Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Denver Air Connection
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
Denver airport departures
Most of the departures go to domestic destinations. Besides the earlier mentioned top 10 there are some more options to fly to:
- Buffalo Niagara
- Boston Logan
- Cincinnati Northen Kentucky
- Cleveland Hopkins
- Columbus John Glenn
- Detroit Metro
- El Paso
- Ford Lauderdale
- Kansas City
- Long Beach
- Louisville SDF
- Madison Dan County
- New Orleans Louis Armstrong
- Orlando MCO
- Portland PDX
There are however also international departures. These are going to Canada, the Caribbean and Europe:
- Mexico City
- Panama City
- Grand Cayman
- Reykjavik KEF
In addition to the Westin hotel at the terminal, there are many hotels within a radius of 8-9 miles that offer a free shuttle service. Some of these are:
- Embassy Suites Denver – International Airport
- La Quinta by Wyndham Denver Airport DIA
- Courtyard by Marriott Denver Airport
- Baymont by Wyndham Denver International Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton Denver International Airport, CO