Chicago O’Hare International Airport
Address: 10000 W O’Hare Ave, Chicago, IL 60666, United States
IATA code: ORD
Elevation: 650 ft
Number of runways: 7
Phone: +1 800-832-6352
ICAO airport code: KORD
Alias: O’Hare Airport
ORD Departures today
About Chicago O’Hare International Airport departures
O’Hare International Airport is located 13 miles northwest of the city of Chicago. The airport has hundreds of O’Hare departures to various different destinations around the world. It is also one of the largest airport in the world over 84 million passengers per year (2019). Due to corona, there were considerably less ORD flight departures but luckily increasing again. The owner of the airport is the city of Chicago. It is operated by Chicago Department of Aviation. In addition to O’Hare, there is another major airport nearby called Midway Airport. That airport focuses more on domestic flights, despite the fact that it also offers international flights. The location of the Chicago O’Hare is on 7,600 acres piece of land. It has 4 passenger terminals and even 8 runways. Carriers for passengers and cargo all over the world come here. Yet only 3 airlines together have more than 60 percent market share. Those are SkyWest, American and United Airlines.
Top routes from ORD
- LGA – LaGuardia
- PHX – Phoenix
- DCA – Washington Ronald Reagan
- ATL – Atlanta Hartsfield
- MCO – Orlando
- BOS – Boston
- EWR – Newark
Ground transportation Chicago airport
Traveling from the airport to the center and back can be done via various ways such as the train, bus, taxi, car rental or simply just your own car.
- There are a couple Chicago O’Hare departures by train to downtown area and Forest Park.
- Traveling by bus is possible with numbers 250 and 330 that travel to the center. There is also an express airport service bus for more direct routes. If your final destination is not Chicago, there are also regional buses with ORD airport departures that run to Illinois, Iowa and Indiana.
- Taxi travel to the center takes 30 minutes and costs around USD 35, depending on your destination.
- You can rent a car at many car rental companies such as Hertz, Sixt, Thrifty, Dollar, Avis, Advantage and many more.
Terminals at the O’Hare airport
The airport has 4 terminals. Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are only for the domestic Chicago ORD departures (except United which also operates international flights at terminal 1) while Terminal 5 (the fourth) is only in use for the international routes. Travel between the terminal can be on the ATS train that runs 24/7 every 5-10 minutes.
O’Hare international airport departures
There are no fewer than 8 options for Chicago Airport departures regarding the runways. All of them are between 7,500 and 13,000 feet in length to accommodate most planes in size to land or take off. All those millions of people deal with almost 1 million aircraft movements a year. There is enough capacity to grow further. Looking at the terminals, you will not be surprised that most O’Hare airport departures are domestic flights. Many routes flown are to
- Los Angeles
- Dallas / Fort Worth in Texas
- Austin Bergstrom
- Fort Lauderdale
- And many more!
If you have an international flight, no one will be surprised that it is to London-Heathrow, flown with American Airlines, British Airways, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. Other popular international options are as follows:
- Canada: Montreal Trudeau and Toronto Pearson
- Asia: Delhi, Taipei, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo Narita, Tokyo Haneda, Doha, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai
- Europe: Istanbul, Madrid, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Zurich, Munich, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, and Dublin
- Mexico: Los Cabos, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico City, Cancun, and Panama City
- Caribbean: San Juan Luis Munoz Marin SJU, Punta Cana, and Montego Bay