Chicago O’Hare International Airport
Address: 10000 W O’Hare Ave, Chicago, IL 60666, United States
Tel: +1 (0) 800 8326352
Owner: City of Chicago, Dept of Aviation
IATA code: ORD
ICAO code: KORD
ORD Arrivals today
Find out Chicago O’Hare International Airport arrivals
It is an international airport located northwest of the city in Illinois. It is operated by the Chicago Department of Aviation. Chicago airport is located on 7,600 acres of land. It offers both national and international flights. With over 80 million passengers, it is one of the busiest airports in the world. The carriers United Airlines, American Airlines and SkyWest together have more than 60 percent market share. In addition, there are many more local and international airlines that offer flights to and from Chicago O’Hare Airport. There are even 8 runways where Chicago ORD arrivals can be performed. There are also 4 terminals present.
Busiest flight routes
- Washington National
- Newark New Jersey
- Los Angeles
- Dallas / Fort Worth
- LaGuardia Airport
O’Hare international airport arrivals terminals
Before ORD airport arrivals, it can be useful to determine which terminal you should be in. There are four terminals at the airport. All domestic Chicago ORD arrivals are at Terminal 1, 2 or 3. The fourth terminal is Terminal 5 and slightly remote and is mainly in use for international Chicago Airport arrivals. There is an ATS (automated people mover) between the terminals to go from one terminal to another.
- Terminal 1 is largely for the airline United Airlines/United Express. They also have the exception to perform international Chicago O’Hare Airport arrivals here. Lufthansa and ANA performs only departures over here. There are 2 floors, one for baggage claim and transportation at lower level and the other at upper level for ticketing where you can check-in and access the gates for boarding. Subsequently, the gates will be divided into Concourse B and C. There are 2 lounges: United Club (Terminal 1, Gate B6) and Polaris Lounge (Terminal 1, Gate C18).
Map terminal 1
- O’Hare Airport Terminal 2 is the smallest of the three domestic terminals and is in use by different airlines . The distribution for baggage and ticketing is the same as for terminal 1. The gates here will be divided over the Concourses E and F. Lounges: Family Lounge (Terminal 2, upper level), Delta Sky Club (terminal 2, Gate E6) and United Club (Terminal 2, Gate F9).
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Delta Shuttle
- JetBlue Airways
Map terminal 2
- The third terminal continues from the second. This is the largest terminal with four different concourses. Most O’Hare Airport arrivals will arrive at Concourse G. There are also gates at H, K and L. There are 4 different lounges: AA Flagship Lounge (Terminal 3, Gate H6), Admirals Club (Terminal 3, Gate L2A), Admirals Club (Terminal 3, Gate G8), and AA Flagship Lounge (Terminal 3, Gate H6/K6).
- Air Choice One
- American Airlines (domestic; international departures only)
- American Shuttle
- Boutique Air
- Cape Air
- Denver Air / Key Lime
- Iberia (departures only )
- Japan Airlines (JAL) (departures only)
- Spirit Airlines
Map terminal 3
- Finally and somewhat remote is Terminal 5 for international routes. This is where all international carriers come together for all arrivals from destinations around the world. When you walk out of the arrivals & baggage claim, you can immediately continue your journey with Rideshares, taxi, charter buses, limousines, etc. Lounges: SAS Business Lounge (Terminal 5, Gate M15), Swissport Lounge (Terminal 5, Gate M7), and JAL Sakura lounge (Terminal 5, Gate M6).
Map terminal 5 (–> departures map terminal 5)
Chicago O’Hare runways
Chicago O’Hare International Airport has the most runways in the world. There are 8 runways and all can be used for medium and large aircraft. 54 million passengers were transported via these runways last year. That were almost 700 thousand Chicago O’Hare arrivals with many different airlines.
Airlines and flight routes at Chicago O’Hare airport
Most airlines seen are United Airlines (include United Express) and American Airlines (include American Eagle) which together have a market share of more than 50 percent. Other frequently seen airlines are Envoy Air, SkyWest Airlines and Spirit Airlines. ORD flight arrivals most often come from the following airports:
American airlines offer most flight routes. The busiest routes outside the US go all over the world. Most O’Hare arrivals come from London-Heathrow with the following carriers:
- American Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- British Airways
- United Airlines
The other international destinations include airlines with:
- Air Canada
- All Nippon
- China Easterm
- Aer Lingus
Airport location and ground transportation
- To Chinatown Chicago: Get onto I-190 E and take I-90 E to S Union Ave. Take Exit 52C from I-90 E/I-94 E. Follow W 18th St, S Canal St and W 23rd St to your destination in Chicago Chinatown.
- To Milwaukee: Enter I-190 E. Follow I-294 N and I-94 W to E St Paul Ave in Milwaukee. Take Exit 1E from I-794 E. Drive onto N Milwaukee St. You have arrived in downtown Milwaukee.
- To Downtown Chicago: Enter I-290 E in Westchester from US-12 E/US-45 S/Mannheim Rd. Follow I-290 E to W Ida B. Wells Dr in Chicago. Continue on the W Ida B. Wells Dr. Drive to East Ida B. Wells Drive and arrive in Chicago Downtown.
Chicago O’Hare International Airport is located northwest of the great city of Chicago. The distance to the center is about 14 miles and can be reached by car in about 45 minutes. This route can be made by car via taxi for about 55 USD without traffic jams.
You can of course also do this with a rental car after Chicago arrivals. Most well-known car rental companies are present at the airport such as Alamo, Avis, Fox, Sixt, Thrifty, Budget and Enterprise. They are located in the Multi-Modal Facility (MMF). This can be reached with the Airport Transit System (ATS), which also has a stop at all terminals.
There are also O’Hare arrivals of buses and trains from downtown Chicago throughout the day. Regional bus companies also go to surrounding cities such as Milwaukee.
- Hourly: just before the domestic terminals 1, 2, and 3. Park Hourly on Level 1. This is short term parking where in most cases you only park for a few hours. You pay $3-4 per hour with a maximum rate of $77 per day. Height clearance is 6’6″. Park at Daily Lot B or C if you need a little more space at the top.
- Daily: all other levels outside of Level 1 are referred to as Main Garage Daily Parking. Again, the maximum car height is 6’6″. The hourly rate is the same as Hourly but the daily rate is significantly cheaper with a maximum of $42. Vehicles clearance for Lot B: 9’0″ and Lot C: 8’5″.
- Economy F,, and H: for long term parking we recommend Economy Parking. This can be done in three different places (G, H, and F). In contrast to Lot G and H, you can park covered in the garage at Lot F (height 8’4″). This is on floors 4 and 5 of the Multi Modal Facility, where the Car Rental Facility is also located. so also slightly more expensive than the other two places.The daily rate at Economy Lot F is $22 and at the other $15.
- Terminal 5 – Lot D: this parking location is located at the international Terminal 5. It is like the garages at the domestic terminals and intended for short term parking. Here too you pay $3 per hour (from more than 4 hours $36 and from more than 8 hours up to and including 24 hours $77).
There are many hotels in downtown Chicago as well as in the ORD Airport area. It is only really an advantage if you can spend the night close to the airport. Especially if you have a late arrival or a long transfer or the like. At 1 to 5 miles there are dozens of hotels where you can stay. The easiest option is the Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport which is located near the domestic terminals. Other options that could arrange a pick up at the airport to bring you to the hotel:
- Wyndham Chicago O’Hare
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago O’Hare Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Sheraton Suites Chicago O’Hare
- The Rose Hotel Chicago O’Hare, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
- Aloft Chicago O’Hare
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago O’Hare Airport – Rosemont
- Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O’Hare
- Hyatt Regency O’Hare Chicago
- The Westin O’Hare