Charlotte Douglas International Airport
5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy, Charlotte, NC 28208, USA
Tel: +1 (0) 704 3594910
IATA code: CLT
ICAO code: KCLT
CLT Arrivals today
About Charlotte Douglas arrivals
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is an international airport located in Charlotte, North Carolina. This airport is known mainly for its commercial and military use in the Charlotte metropolitan area. The location of the airport is 6 miles from the central business district of the city. The following details on this page explain you about different aspects of this airport in particular CLT flight arrivals, departure, locations, passenger facilities, runways, terminals, airways which use the airport often, and other things. You will make a well-informed decision about your next travel as expected.
Top routes from CLT
History of Charlotte Douglas Airport
The city of Charlotte are the owners of this airport. Aviation department of the city operates this airport in the successful way. The Charlotte airport arrivals started as Charlotte Municipal Airport in 1935. This popular airport is a stronghold hub for US Airlines. It serves 149 destinations and functions more than 300 (pre and after the pandemic) Douglas airport arrivals every day out of Charlotte. It was the fifth busiest airport by aircraft movements and the eleventh busiest airport in the nation ranked by the passenger traffic in 2019. This rank remained in 2020 but only with a 50% drop of CLT airport arrivals because of the pandemic.
Location of Charlotte Airport
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is located in 5501 Josh Birmingham Parkway Charlotte, North Carolina, U.S.
Charlotte Douglas Airport ground transportation
Take Exit 32 to Little Rock Road and travel south on this road, straight path onto North Josh Birmingham Parkway and Wilkinson Boulevard for Charlotte Douglas international airport arrivals by car.
- You can take Exit 33 to Billy Graham Parkway and travel approximately 1 ½ miles, exit on Josh Birmingham Parkway.
- Take I-277 to I-77 South, take Exit 6B to Billy Graham Parkway, travel, and exit after the 3rd passage light at the airport exit.
- If you take I-277 S/US-74 W, continue onto US-74 W/Wilkinson Boulevard, travel and turn left onto Josh Birmingham Parkway.
The Charlotte Area Transit System has Charlotte arrivals of 2 bus routes from the airport terminal. These two bus routes are the Route 60- Tyvola Road to LYNX Tyvola station and Route 5-Airport to Uptown Charlotte / CTC.
Taxi service: after arriving at Charlotte Douglas, travel directly by taxi. From the Baggage Claim Level you walk out of the terminal where taxis are waiting at the curbside. There is an attendant to assist passengers throughout the day. You can travel based on meter rates or the zone rates. When you travel to city center it costs $25.
Rental cars: all the rental car companies are outside the terminal in the parking garage. There is a Rental Car Facility to pick up and drop off your rental car. The counters are at Level 2.
Rental Car Return
- Express Deck: leave your car here and it will be parked for you in a covered spot. A shuttle will then take you to the terminal. This service costs $16 per day. Vehicle clearance is 9′.
- Curbside Valet: Normally in front of the terminal but due to refurbishment temporarily to Hourly Deck on Level 1. Book for $35 per day and allow maximum vehicle height of 7′.
- Hourly Deck: This is the largest garage and just in front of the terminal. The first 15 minutes are free, then $6 per hour increasing to a maximum of $24 per day. On Level 2 there are walkways that lead to the terminal. Electric vehicle charging stations are available. Vehicle clearance is 7′.
- Daily Decks: Divided into west and east, it lies north of the hourly deck. This short term parking costs $12 per day. You can only park your car up to 8’4″ on the first level. The other levels have a height of 7′. There is a shuttle service available.
- Daily North Lot: just a little further and not covered. Park here for $12. Ideal for over-sized cars.
- Long Term Lot 1 and 2: These lots cost $10 per day and ideal for long term parking. They are located next to each other on Josh Birmingham Parkway. Cell Phone Lot is also located between these two car parks.
Check online for current availability: Parking Availability
The CLT airport includes one crosswind and three parallel runways. These runs ways designed 18C/36C, 18R/36L, and 18L/36R with a length of 10,000ft, 9,000ft, and 8,676ft respectively. However, the 5/23 has a 7,500ft long crosswind runway.
Charlotte Douglas Airport Terminals
This airport has one main terminal with 5 concourse spaces with 1.7 million square feet area coverage. CLT has a terminal with 115 gates on 5 concourses connected to the central terminal building. This building housing the security, ticketing, and baggage claim. All international Charlotte Douglas airport arrivals without customs pre-clearance are successfully handled in concourse D. Concourse A to E has 21 gates, 16 gates, 18 gates, 13 gates, and 46 gates respectively. There are American Airlines Admirals Clubs at Concourse B and C. The airport terminal is located on Josh Birmingham Parkway. It connects with Wilkinson Boulevard, Billy Graham Parkway, and Little Rock Road.
Airlines that use that airport often
The main airlines with most CLT arrivals are the following:
- Swift Air
- Delta Airlines
- Viva Aerobus
- Spirit Airlines
- United Airlines
- Air Canada
- Frontier Airlines
- American Airlines
- Volaris Airlines
Destinations Charlotte Douglas Airport
Direct and non-stop flights from CLT are the route to Atlanta with approximately 109 Charlotte airport arrivals every week. Some of the top international airports have routes likes Montego Bay and Toronto. CLT to Munich and CLT to Rome in Europe are the longest flights from the CLT to travel.
Top destinations in the US are:
Top destinations with most Charlotte Douglas airport arrivals internationally besides the two earlier mentioned are
Stay in one of the hotels near Charlotte Douglas Airport. There are plenty of good hotels within a few miles radius. Some options:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte Airport
- Holiday Inn Charlotte-Airport Conf Ctr, an IHG Hotel
- Days Inn by Wyndham Charlotte Airport North
- Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlotte Airport, an IHG Hotel