Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BNIA)
4200 Genesee Street,
Cheektowaga, NY 14225, USA
Tel: +1 (0) 716 6306000
- IATA: BUF
- ICAO: KBUF
BUF Arrivals today
About Buffalo NY airport arrivals
Buffalo Niagara Airport is an international airport which is also known as BUF. This particular airport serves New York, Buffalo, United States, and also the southern region of Golden Horseshoe area in Ontario, Canada. It is actually the third largest. There are many BNIA arrivals in the New York Upstate to travel further to the Niagara falls. Whenever you are considering the area covered by this airport, it totally covers 1,000 acres.
History of Buffalo Airport
This Buffalo Niagara International Airport actually opened in the year 1926 for its first BUF airport arrivals on the former farmland which makes it one of the oldest public airports of the country. This original airport has the small terminal building, 4 cinder runways, one hangar, and each runway is about 3,000 feet long and 100 feet wide. The mail service and passenger started in December, 1927 with the first Buffalo flight arrivals from Cleveland. At that point to still now, the airport is successful running many flights, BUF arrivals from the different states of US and nearby Canadian states.
In 1991, there were more renovations made with the new building construction and now the entire terminal contains the total floor region of 462, 256 square feet to process the Buffalo arrivals. If you are willing to know more flight details check the Buffalo airport arrivals times above. You can have an option to browse through the upcoming and older flight status using the time and date pull down menu.
Buffalo Niagara Airport Terminals
Renovations have been underway since 2017, including an extension of the terminal. The baggage claim area was also replaced. All renovations and extensions will be ready in 2021. There is 1 terminal where all domestic and Buffalo Niagara international airport arrivals will take place. The lower level is the Niagara airport arrivals level with the baggage claim. After the exit you will find the information desks for transportation, car rental companies, hotels, etc. On the top floor level is the departure area with check-in and boarding gates. There in total 26 gates for boarding.
Destinations Buffalo Airport
All Buffalo airport arrivals take place on the current 2 runways of 8,800 and 7,200 feet. Although the airport is international, most flights are to other American cities. There are some international Buffalo Niagara airport arrivals from Cancun, Mexico and some from Canada. Many passengers from Canada will actually fly to Toronto. Most Buffalo flight arrivals come from:
- JFK New York, LaGuardia, Newark
- Washington Ronald Reagan
- Chicago (O’Hare and Midway)
- Fort Lauderdale airport
Most Western US flights will transfer to Atalanta, Baltimore or JFK. Southwest Airlines carries by far the most Buffalo arrivals with a share of 30%. Other airlines that can often be seen there:
- Delta Air Lines
- Endeavor Air
- Frontier Airlines
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
Ground transportation and directions
Directions to Niagara Falls: Continue straight on NY-33 W. Take the exit onto I-90 E toward I-290/Niag Fls/Albany. Follow the 2 right-hand lanes to take exit 50 onto I-290 toward Niagara Falls. Continue onto I-290 W. Keep left and stay on I-290 W. Follow the 3 right lanes to merge onto I-190 N toward Niagara Falls Toll Road. Take exit 21 toward Niagara Scenic Pkwy.
- Rental Cars: there are 6 car rental agencies at the property of the airport. They have counters in the garage opposite the arrivals hall.
- Shuttles, Vans, and Taxis: AA Limo Niagara, Inc., Airport Express, Aloft Buffalo Airport, Gray Line Niagara Falls, Over the Falls Tours and Wheelz Niagara.
- Ridesharing: use a app to order your Uber or Lyft. The location for a pick up is at the exit close to carousel 1.
- Metro Bus: it is a budget option for just $2 to get to the center of the city.
- Toronto: when you want to travel to Toronto you use one of the bus companies: Greyhoud, Megabus, Trailways and Coach Canada.
- Niagara Falls: first you walk to Crosswalk 1b. You take the Metro Bus (24 Genesee) to the center of Buffalo. From there you take another bus (40) to the Niagara Falls.
Emergency services in Buffalo Niagara airport:
- There is a Buffalo Airport fire department available as the career fire department to respond to all fire alarms and EMS calls in the terminal adjacent and complex property.
- It also gives immediate respond occasionally to the mutual aid requests.
- This airport has the 6 different pieces of apparatus to give the immediate emergency services to the passengers and also others.
- Whenever you are considering other facilities available in this airport, there is the Tac Air which is the FBO for the airport. It gives the private charter flights with Buffalo Niagara arrivals and some other kinds of services including ground handling and fueling to the different scheduled airlines operating from this international airport.
At the same time, you can also find the aircraft maintenance service here at this Buffalo Niagara airport from its repair station to airlines customers which is already FAA approved. This repair station is not only for the airlines but also for the general aviation and corporate customers. If you have picked up the best and reliable airport or flight service providing platform, there you can able to have excellent flight tracking service to get real time information about the Buffalo Niagara arrivals to this international airport.
The parking area is right in front of the terminal. A dozen hotels are located on the other side of the street (Genesee St). Some of these are:
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Buffalo Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport
- Aloft Buffalo Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott Buffalo Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – Buffalo Airport