Austin–Bergstrom International Airport
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA): AUS
- The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO): KAUS
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA): AUS
Address: 3600 Presidential Blvd, Austin, TX 78719, United States
Elevation: 541 ft
Phone: +1 512-530-2242
ABIA Arrivals today
About Austin–Bergstrom International Airport
The airport located in Texas is a good option for traveling if you are coming to or from the Greater Austin metropolitan area. It is near downtown Austin. ABIA covers over 4 thousand acres of land. They have 2 passenger terminals on this land as well as 2 airstrips. There are also 3 helipads. Most ABIA arrivals come from Southwest airlines. They also offer most airline routes. The airport has grown to 17 million passengers per year.
The history of the airport dates back to 1942. The Austin government bought a piece of land and donated it for a military installation. It would be used as Bergstrom Air Force Base. It was even used for military aviation until 1995. Because another airport in Austin (Robert Mueller Municipal Airport) for civil flights was becoming too small for demand, a plan had to be made. There were ideas to build it between Austin and San Antonio, merge with the old military airfield, and build an airfield near Manor. It all fell through. Until the Air Force got a Base Realignment and decided to stop. That was the moment for the government to step in to use the airport for a completely new one.
The final opening in 1999. The first ABIA arrivals arrived on the all-new 12,250 ft. runway. At the time, this was the longest runway in the country. The terminal named Barbara Jordan consisted of an area of 500 thousand square ft. There were 18 gates from the start, but it was immediately built on to 24 gates with bridges. One of the busiest routes was to Dallas Fort Worth. In the years since, many routes have been added and passenger numbers have risen sharply. The first expansion at the terminal came in 2015. Several areas such as customs and immigration were enlarged for more capacity. The Austin airport arrivals level was also increased with two new baggage claim belts. There were also more gates with a total of 34. This also allowed the largest aircraft to connect to the jet bridges.
Austin international airport arrivals location map
Austin – Bergstrom International Airport is located southeast of Austin city center. The center is about 6 miles from the airport.
- To downtown Austin: Take the W 10th St to the Guadalupe St.
Take W 7th St and S Hwy 183/Lockhart Hwy to Spirit of Texas Dr. Take the Spirit of Texas Dr exit from State Hwy 71 E
15 min. Join Spirit of Texas Dr
Ground transportation Austin-Bergstrom Airport
- The Capital Metro Bus Service has both Metro and Bus transportation.
- Taxi: taxi is also a good and fast option to arrive at the airport. There are also more and more AUS arrivals with the app based Ride-share companies such as Winz, Uber and Lyft.
- If you have a car rental, you can pick up the car (at the rental car facility next to Blue Garage) with the relevant company after Bergstrom airport arrivals. There are many car rental companies available at the airport such as Budget, Avis, Enterprise, National and Thrifty.
- There are also many parking options for short and long term parking if you come by car yourself.
- Red Garage: this is short term parking with an hourly rate of $5 per hour. The daily max is $27. Height clearance: 8’0″
- Blue Garage: behind red garage is the blue parking garage. With the same hourly rate but a lower daily rate of $17, this is a good option for mid-term parking. Height clearance: 7’8″
- Exonomy Parking: you can go here for long-term parking. This is not covered. There is also only $10 per parking day to be paid. A free shuttle service is available to the Barbara Jordon terminal. This shuttle is also ready when you arrive at the airport again. That is at the lower level after the baggage claim.
- Cell Phone Lot: park here for free as for a passenger pick up. You are not allowed to wait at the curbside just in front of the terminal.
AUS airport arrivals terminals
There are 2 terminals at the international airport. If you are at the wrong terminal, you can also use the special shuttle service that goes from terminal South to Barbara Jordan and back. Most Austin Bergstrom arrivals will take place at the Barbara Jordan terminal. There are some low cost airlines (Allegiant and Frontier Airlines) that use domestic flights that have Austin airport arrivals at South terminal.
Terminal map Barbara Jordan
- Delta Sky Club
- American Admirals Club
- United Club Lounge
There are 2 runways of 9,000 and 12,250 feet and 3 helipads for Austin flight arrivals. If you fly with the aforementioned airlines and arrive at South Terminal, you will likely have departed from one of the following cities:
Nearly all other major airports in the US have Austin arrivals at Barbara Jordan Terminal.
The busiest routes from Austin are to
Airlines with Austin airport flight arrivals
Most passengers have Austin Bergstrom Airport arrivals with the airlines Southwest, American, Delta, United and Spirit with a total market share of 83%. Some of the domestic destinations are
- Chicago Midway
- Dallas Love
- El Paso
- Houston Hobby
- Long Beach
- New Orleans
- Reno Tahoe
If you want to stay very close to the hotel there are two options:
- Hyatt Place Austin Airport
- Hilton Austin Airport
Both hotels score good reviews and are an ideal way to pass the time if you have a long stopover or a late arrival or early flight. Other options are around the crossing of the S Highway 183 and the 71. Some accommodation options:
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Kasa Southeast-Airport Austin