Newcastle International Airport
Address: Woolsington, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 8BZ, United Kingdom
Airport code: NCL
Elevation: 81 m
Phone number: +44 871 882 1121
Local Authority: Newcastle upon Tyne
Serves: Tyne and Wear, Durham, Northumberland, Scottish Borders
NCL Departures today
Discover Newcastle International airport departures
Newcastle International airport is the 11th busiest airport in the United Kingdom and the second busiest airport in northern England. It is located in Woolsington Newcastle. The owners of the airport are Newcastle Airport Local Authority Holding Company Ltd and AMP Capital. This airport is home to Newcastle airport fire academy. This airport mainly serves in Newcastle city.
The airport has seen continuous growth from the 1960’s through to 2007, where it had a record year with 5.6 million passengers. After a few tough years, it climbed again until the pandemic hit. Since then, approximately 1 million passengers have used the airport. The amount of cargo aircraft has increased considerably in recent decades to an average of 5,000 tons per year.
Most Newcastle departures are with the airlines Jet2, Loganair, Ryanair, TUI airlines. These airlines fly to typical southern holiday destinations in both winter and summer. In addition, several airplane routes are offered that are ideal for a city trip. Within the UK you can also book flights to various cities. To make this possible, use is made of 1 terminal and 1 runway with a length of 2,300 meters.
Services at Newcastle airport
The airport provides very good services including Free WiFi accessible through the terminal building before NCL airport departures. There are a lot of shops available for shopping and also for food. You can also find baby food also.
A cost-friendly Covid-19 checkup is also available before Newcastle Airport departures. The airport provides antigen and Covid-19 PCR tests.
Terminal and passenger numbers
The airport has a single terminal, you can find all services in this terminal like food and shopping. The airport has a single runway around 7600 feet. A total of 50.668 aircraft movements and 5.1 million passengers have used the services of this airport in 2019. This numbers declined because of the pandemic. A lot less Newcastle flight departures in 2020 and 2021 with both years just over 1 million. For extra comfort before your departure, you can choose to use the Aspire Lounge.
Terminal map gates and lounges
Airlines with most NCL departures
These are some of airlines that use Newcastle International Airport:
- Aer Lingus
- Air France
- BH air
- Easy jet
- Logan air
- TUI Airways
- British Airways
Top destinations at Newcastle Airport
Most of the busiest routes of this airport are domestic ones but you can also see some international routes. When flying international to Europe, the Newcastle Airport departures are most often go to Spain with destinations Tenerife South, Mallorca and Malaga. Amsterdam/Schiphol Airport is also a popular destination to depart to.
|4||Palma de Mallorca||320,387|
Some other Newcastle airport departures go to:
Newcastle Airport ground transportation
If your plan is to have Newcastle departures from the international airport then here are some transportation options:
- Road transportation: This airport is connected with A1 road linking to dual carriageway A696. A lot of bus services are available, so you can easily reach this airport.
- By train: Newcastle airport is well connected with the northeast rail network by metro services. You can take a train from Newcastle Central station to the airport, this would take around 25 minutes. Trains have every 10–12 minutes NCL departures from 5:24 am to 11:58 pm, but on Sunday timing is 6:27 am to 11:58 pm.
- Car hire: You can also go for a rental car. Many companies providing car rental services like Europcar, Heartz, Avis, Budget, InterRent, Enterprise, Alamo and national. Generally, booking is started from 7:30 am to 10 pm of these companies. They are only reachable by phone before and after those times.
- Taxi: if you leave for the airport by taxi, we recommend Arrow Cars Taxis. These have an exclusive drop off point just in front of the terminal.
- Metro: travel by metro to city center or other surrounding places such as Tyneside, Gateshead and Sunderland. To Newcastle city centre takes about 25 minutes. There is a departure every 12 minutes. Some stops are at Monument, Haymarket or Central Station.
Parking Newcastle Airport
A parking facility is also provided at the airport. You can simply go to the website and book your slot. There are many options available when having Newcastle airport departures like for short stay and long stay:
- For short stay pricing is 6.50 pounds for one hour and 29 pounds for 24 hours and 51.99 pounds for a week.
- For a long stay, pricing starts from 6.12 pounds and 48.99 pounds for a week. Other options are also available that you can check from the website.
A parking facility is available for 24 hours. If you want to cancel your parking, the airport provides free parking cancellation so you won’t have to worry about that.
Parking and car hire map
The most popular option is staying at the 4 star DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport. Some cheaper alternatives near the terminal are Premier Inn and Britannia Hotel.