Manchester International Airport
Airport: Ringway International Airport
IATA code: MAN
ICAO code: EGCC
Address: Manchester M90 1QX, United Kingdom
Phone number: 0808 168 6111
Owner/Operator: Manchester Airport Holdings
MAN Arrivals today
|22:20 June-22||Krakow (KRK)||Jet2||LS950||2||Delayed 00:00|
|22:25 June-22||Dublin (DUB)||Ryanair||FR562||3||Scheduled|
|22:25 June-22||Cologne (CGN)||Ryanair||FR1592||3||Delayed 23:19|
|22:25 June-22||Faro (FAO)||TUI||BY2447||2||Estimated 22:16|
|22:25 June-22||Paris (CDG)||easyJet||U22110||1||Estimated 22:19|
|22:25 June-22||Amsterdam (AMS)||easyJet||U22168||1||Estimated 22:25|
|22:30 June-22||Palma de Mallorca (PMI)||Ryanair||FR3446||3||Delayed 23:28|
|22:30 June-22||Geneva (GVA)||easyJet||U22188||1||Delayed 23:40|
|22:30 June-22||Hurghada (HRG)||easyJet||U22256||1||Delayed 23:26|
|22:35 June-22||Belfast (BFS)||easyJet||U2708||1||Estimated 22:18|
|22:40 June-22||Bucharest (OTP)||Ryanair||FR1272||3||Delayed 00:40|
|22:45 June-22||Frankfurt (FRA)||Lufthansa||LH948||1||Canceled|
|22:45 June-22||Dalaman (DLM)||easyJet||U22144||1||Estimated 22:37|
|22:50 June-22||Cork (ORK)||Ryanair||FR2088||3||Estimated 22:49|
|22:50 June-22||Malaga (AGP)||easyJet||U22004||1||Estimated 22:42|
|22:55 June-22||Budapest (BUD)||Jet2||LS898||2||Delayed 23:45|
|23:00 June-22||London (LHR)||British Airways (BA Better World Livery)||BA1406||3||Scheduled|
|23:00 June-22||Shannon (SNN)||Ryanair||FR4777||3||Scheduled|
|23:05 June-22||Pisa (PSA)||easyJet||U22130||1||Estimated 23:11|
|23:10 June-22||Copenhagen (CPH)||easyJet||U22238||1||Scheduled|
|23:20 June-22||Murcia (RMU)||Ryanair||FR4117||3||Estimated 23:15|
|23:20 June-22||Gothenburg (GOT)||Ryanair||RK3089||3||Scheduled|
|23:20 June-22||Alicante (ALC)||easyJet||U22016||1||Estimated 23:00|
|23:25 June-22||Almeria (LEI)||Jet2||LS902||2||Delayed 00:28|
|23:25 June-22||Antalya (AYT)||easyJet||U22142||1||Delayed 23:41|
|23:30 June-22||Bilbao (BIO)||easyJet||U22006||1||Delayed 23:58|
|23:30 June-22||Venice (VCE)||easyJet||U22122||1||Scheduled|
|23:35 June-22||Gran Canaria (LPA)||Ryanair||FR2584||3||Estimated 23:24|
|23:38 June-22||Liege (LGG)||Ryanair||Scheduled|
|23:40 June-22||Heraklion (HER)||Jet2||LS906||1||Scheduled|
|23:40 June-22||Belfast (BFS)||Ryanair||RK192||3||Scheduled|
|23:45 June-22||Split (SPU)||easyJet||U22246||1||Canceled|
|23:50 June-22||Palma de Mallorca (PMI)||Jet2||LS786||2||Estimated 23:41|
|23:50 June-22||Zakynthos (ZTH)||Jet2||LS1714||1||Delayed 00:38|
|23:50 June-22||Thessaloniki (SKG)||TUI||BY2421||2||Delayed 01:19|
|23:55 June-22||Ibiza (IBZ)||Jet2||LS172||2||Scheduled|
|23:59 June-22||Tenerife (TFS)||Ryanair||RK4331||3||Delayed 01:23|
|00:05 June-23||Boa Vista (BVC)||TUI||BY367||2||Estimated 00:10|
|00:10 June-23||Fuerteventura (FUE)||Ryanair||FR3806||3||Estimated 23:45|
|00:14 June-23||Glasgow (GLA)||Gama Aviation||GMA327||Scheduled|
|00:15 June-23||Mykonos (JMK)||Jet2||LS1704||1||Delayed 01:06|
|00:20 June-23||Ibiza (IBZ)||Ryanair||FR2627||3||Scheduled|
|00:20 June-23||Dalaman (DLM)||Pegasus||PC1787||2||Estimated 23:58|
|00:20 June-23||Marseille (MRS)||Ryanair||RK3119||3||Scheduled|
|00:35 June-23||Tel Aviv (TLV)||easyJet||U22262||1||Delayed 02:06|
|00:40 June-23||Heraklion (HER)||TUI||BY2457||2||Delayed 01:36|
|00:55 June-23||Gran Canaria (LPA)||TUI||BY2405||2||Scheduled|
|01:10 June-23||Santorini (JTR)||Jet2||LS1718||1||Scheduled|
|01:15 June-23||Palma de Mallorca (PMI)||TUI||BY2431||2||Scheduled|
|01:15 June-23||Pafos (PFO)||easyJet||U22270||1||Delayed 02:29|
|01:20 June-23||Corfu (CFU)||easyJet||U22064||1||Scheduled|
|01:25 June-23||Sharm el-Sheikh (SSH)||easyJet||U22254||1||Delayed 01:44|
|01:30 June-23||Tenerife (TFS)||Jet2||LS918||2||Estimated 01:19|
|01:30 June-23||Dalaman (DLM)||easyJet||U22146||1||Scheduled|
|01:35 June-23||Rhodes (RHO)||Jet2||LS1738||1||Scheduled|
|01:55 June-23||Antalya (AYT)||Jet2||LS896||2||Scheduled|
|02:05 June-23||Pafos (PFO)||Jet2||LS938||2||Scheduled|
|02:10 June-23||Lanzarote (ACE)||Jet2||LS892||2||Estimated 01:40|
|02:15 June-23||Kos (KGS)||Jet2||LS744||1||Scheduled|
|02:15 June-23||Larnaca (LCA)||Jet2||LS944||2||Scheduled|
|02:15 June-23||Bodrum (BJV)||Jet2||LS984||2||Scheduled|
|02:25 June-23||Gran Canaria (LPA)||Jet2||LS782||2||Scheduled|
|02:25 June-23||Rhodes (RHO)||Jet2||LS820||1||Scheduled|
|02:40 June-23||Dalaman (DLM)||Jet2||LS922||2||Scheduled|
|02:40 June-23||Antalya (AYT)||Jet2||LS1702||2||Scheduled|
|02:40 June-23||Agadir (AGA)||TUI||BY733||2||Scheduled|
|02:50 June-23||Sharm el-Sheikh (SSH)||TUI||BY719||2||Estimated 02:50|
|02:55 June-23||Antalya (AYT)||TUI||BY545||2||Scheduled|
|03:15 June-23||Tenerife (TFS)||easyJet||U22010||1||Canceled|
|03:25 June-23||Burgas (BOJ)||TUI||BY2493||2||Scheduled|
|03:40 June-23||Tenerife (TFS)||TUI||BY2477||2||Scheduled|
|04:25 June-23||Dalaman (DLM)||TUI||BY709||2||Scheduled|
|04:30 June-23||Larnaca (LCA)||TUI||BY2439||2||Scheduled|
|06:40 June-23||Doha (DOH)||Qatar Airways||QR21||2||Scheduled|
|06:50 June-23||Punta Cana (PUJ)||TUI||BY189||2||Scheduled|
|06:55 June-23||Abu Dhabi (AUH)||Etihad Airways||EY15||2||Scheduled|
|07:00 June-23||Hong Kong (HKG)||Cathay Pacific||CX219||2||Estimated 06:13|
|07:00 June-23||New York (JFK)||Aer Lingus||EI44||2||Scheduled|
|07:00 June-23||Belfast (BFS)||Ryanair UK||RK190||3||Scheduled|
|07:05 June-23||Atlanta (ATL)||Virgin Atlantic||VS110||2||Scheduled|
|07:15 June-23||Varadero (VRA)||TUI||BY135||2||Scheduled|
|07:20 June-23||Orlando (MCO)||Aer Lingus||EI34||2||Scheduled|
|07:20 June-23||Dusseldorf (DUS)||Eurowings||EW9340||2||Scheduled|
|07:20 June-23||Vienna (VIE)||Lauda Europe||FR694||3||Scheduled|
|07:23 June-23||Belfast (BHD)||Aer Lingus Regional||Scheduled|
|07:30 June-23||Cancun (CUN)||TUI||BY143||2||Scheduled|
|07:35 June-23||Dublin (DUB)||Aer Lingus||EI202||1||Scheduled|
|07:40 June-23||Belfast (BHD)||Aer Lingus||EI3610||1||Scheduled|
|07:45 June-23||Dubai (DXB)||Emirates||EK21||1||Scheduled|
|07:50 June-23||London (LHR)||British Airways||BA1382||3||Scheduled|
|07:55 June-23||Dublin (DUB)||Ryanair||FR552||3||Scheduled|
|07:55 June-23||Aberdeen (ABZ)||BRA||LM21||3||Scheduled|
|08:00 June-23||Isle of Man (IOM)||Loganair||LM693||3||Scheduled|
|08:00 June-23||Belfast (BFS)||easyJet||U289||1||Scheduled|
|08:05 June-23||Zurich (ZRH)||Swiss||LX390||1||Scheduled|
|08:10 June-23||Palma de Mallorca (PMI)||Ryanair||FR1104||3||Scheduled|
|08:15 June-23||New York (JFK)||Virgin Atlantic||VS128||2||Scheduled|
|08:20 June-23||Guernsey (GCI)||Aurigny Air Services||GR670||3||Scheduled|
|08:20 June-23||Frankfurt (FRA)||Lufthansa||LH940||1||Scheduled|
|08:35 June-23||Belfast (BFS)||easyJet||U2702||1||Scheduled|
Check out Manchester International Airport Arrivals
It is one of the busiest airports in the UK in terms of passenger numbers. With several terminals for passengers and a separate terminal for cargo, it is an important airport. There are 2 runways to ensure that everything runs smoothly. This is all located on the 1,400 acres of land.
Top routes from MAN
History Manchester airport
The first Manchester flight arrivals already took place in 1938. It was then still called Ringway airport. It was taken over by the Royal Air Force during World War II for use with many MAN airport arrivals. Air France flights also started during the beginning of the war. This makes the airline the longest operating airport in history. The first transatlantic flight arrivals were in 1963 with a stopover via Prestwick. In order to be able to fly non-stop with a full load on board, the runway was extended.
A few years later in 1971 there was a milestone because 2 million passengers made use of Manchester Airport. With many improvements to systems and expansions to the airport, the airport quickly grew to 12 million passengers in 1987.
New terminals were opened in 1989 and 1993 to accommodate more Manchester Airport arrivals. The largest passenger plane, the Airbus A380, landed for the first time in 2010. Emirates flight had Manchester flight arrivals from Dubai International Airport. A new terminal (Terminal 2) partially opened in 2019. The remaining part would later open for MAN flight arrivals, but the corona virus threw a spanner in the works, causing delays.
Manchester airport terminals
The airport has three terminals, of which terminal 2 is enlarged and will be ready in 2024. Due to the limitation on how many aircraft can land and take off per hour, there is a limit to the number of passengers to be transported.
- Terminal 1 is mainly used for scheduled and charter flights to destinations around the world. This is also the largest terminal that opened for flights in 1962. The terminal is widely used by Jet2 and Easyjet for European arrivals. Other carriers that offer flights in this terminal are Aer Lingus, Emirates, Etihad, TAP Air Portugal, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Swiss Air Lines and a few more. There is a capacity of 11 million passengers in the year, departing and arriving through the 29 available gates.
- Terminal 2 is the newest terminal to have Manchester Airport arrivals from destinations around the world. It is about half the size of terminal 1 in terms of area. There are 16 gates available that can handle a maximum of 8 million passengers per year. This will be expanded to 25 million when everything is finished.
- Terminal 3 opened in 1989 and has undergone some expansions and improvements. This terminal is mostly used for domestic Manchester Airport arrivals.
There are also only 2 runways both of which are just over 3 km.
Passenger stats and flight routes
Yet there are over 100.000 MAN arrivals annually to process millions of passengers. This has fallen to approximately 7 million passengers in 2020 and the 29 million will not be achieved in 2021 either even though there is an increase. Many of these flights are operated by Jet2, Easyjet, British Airways and TUI Airways. The top 4 routes listed above are most frequently flown. Others with many Manchester arrivals as well are:
There are many more flights in the summer that can only be booked from April/May to September. Most of these routes go to Greece, Spain, Turkey and other places on the Mediterranean Sea. Some of these are:
In addition to the aforementioned airlines, the following will also operate regularly:
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Transat
- Brussels Airlines
- Corendon Airlines
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Pegasus Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- To city centre Manchester: Enter the Airport Spur/A555. Follow the M56 to Manchester Medlock St Jct/A5103. Continue on the A5103. Drive to the Shudehill to arrive in the city centre.
- To Manchester Oxford road/train station: Enter the Airport Spur/A555. Take the M56 and A5103 to Sackville St in Manchester. Take the A34 exit from Ring Rd./A57(M)/A635(M). Take the A34 and Whitworth St/B6469 to the Station Approach.
- To Liverpool: Join the M56 from the Airport Spur/A555. Follow the M56, M6 and M62 to Bowring Park Rd/A5080 in Childwall, Liverpool. Continue on the A5080. Take the A5047 and A580 to Tithebarn St/A5046 to arrive in Liverpool city centre.
- To Sheffield: Follow the A555 and A6 to Sheffield Rd in Derbyshire. Exit towards Chapel-en-le-Frith/Blackbrook/Rushup/Edale/Castleton from the A6. Continue on Sheffield Rd. Take the Rushup Edge and A6187 to the A57. Turn right onto the A57. Continue on the B6539. Take Townhead St to Leopold St in Sheffield City Centre.
- To Leeds: Join the M56 from the Airport Spur/A555. Follow the M60, M62 and M621 to the A58 in Leeds. Take the exit signposted Civic Precinct Hospital(L.G.I) from the A58(M). Continue on the A58. Take Westgate to Great George St downtown.
- Train: there is a station at the airport and can be reached within 10 minutes after arrival. The train journey to Manchester Piccadilly which is located in the center of the city takes about 20 minutes. There are 5-6 trains per hour with the Northern Rail and TransPennine Express operators.
- Coach: the most logical way is to travel with the National Express coach services. Book your guaranteed spot in advance. For example, travel to Leeds in 1:40 for £14.30 or to Liverpool center in 1 hour for £11.
- Bus: there are many buses to the city. Examples of which several intermediate stops are also made to the end locations:
Number 18 to EcclesNumber 43 to Manchester via NorthendenNumber 103 to Manchester via WythenshaweNumber 130 to MaccleshieldNumber 199 to BuxtonNumber 288 to East DidsburyNumber 368 to Stockport
- Taxi: simply continue your journey by taxi. There are various rates, depending on the day and time. For example, you pay extra during the night or at Christmas.
- Tram: An easy way to travel to and from the airport is the Metrolink tram service. From the airport you first travel by tram to just outside the city and from there continue by tram.
- Car hire: with eight car rental agencies, there is plenty of choice to choose a car. There is a Car Rental Village where the cars are ready for a pick-up, but where the drop-off will also take place. This is on Ringway Road, Manchester Airport, M22 5WH. A free bus service runs to and from the terminal.
There are many options for parking your car at Manchester Airport. At every terminal you have a multi-storey parking garage. At terminal 1 you also have the option for Short Stay and a Meet & Greet (also at terminal 2). The Mid Stay is only available at Terminals 1 and 3. For Long Term Parking you can use Drop & Go, but also the JetParks. The bus service takes you to your desired terminal in 5-10 minutes.
It is a popular option to spend the night in a hotel after a late arrival at the airport. Also widely used for when you have an early flight. Another common reason is for passengers who are in Manchester on business. There are several hotels within walking distance (5-15 min):
- Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Airport
- Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport
- Ibis budget Manchester Airport
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Etrop Grange Hotel
West of the airport, a 5-minute drive away, are a number of popular well-reviewed hotels:
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Manchester Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Premier Inn Manchester Airport M56 J6 Runger Lane North hotel
- Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane South