London Southend International Airport
Address: Eastwoodbury Cres, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6YF, United Kingdom
Airport Code: SEN
Elevation: 17 m
Phone: +44 1702 538500
Local Authority: Rochford
Aircraft movements: 36,327
SEN Departures today
Get To Know London Southend International Airport Departures
London Southend Airport is located in the district of Rochford in the county of Essex, England. It is one of the air terminals that you can use to have Southend airport departures and get to London. Today it moves a bit more than 2 million passengers in 2019 but a lot less Southend departures in 2020. Only 400 thousand passengers used the airport to travel.
London Southend Airport Flight routes
All flights have been suspended during the pandemic. And that while it made fantastic progress in 2019 when it even carried 2 million passengers. They are often typical holiday destinations where the planes go. Before the Pandemic, there were clearly a number of destinations that were popular to fly to. There were Southend arrivals from:
Other busy routes were to the airports of Malta, Paris CDG, Prague, Barcelona, Bergamo, Rennes, Groningen, Bilbao, and Jersey. It is hoped for the airport that these flights return soon. Some destinations already planned for 2022 by Easyjet and Wizz Air are Malaga, Mallorca and Birmingham.
London Southend Airport is located in the towns of Rochford and Southend, in the county of Essex. It is 58 km (36 miles) from the city of London, England. Southend Airport was opened in 1935 for the first Southend flight departures and operated domestic and international flights.
With the renovations in 2008, they could also offer a regular train service that runs from Southend Airport Station to central London, specifically to Liverpool Street Station.
From 1960 to 1970, it was the third busiest airport in the city of London. During 2012, this airport handled around 721,661 passengers, while in 2019, it had 2 million passengers. In 2020 there have been a decerase of London Southend departures.
Transportation at London Southend Airport
- London Southend International Airport has its train station called Southend Airport. You can have London Southend departures just 100 meters from the terminal, and you can get there via a covered pedestrian walkway. You can go from the airport to central London, and it runs every 20 minutes SEN airport departures from Monday to Saturday. The journey lasts approximately 55 minutes because it makes some stops.
- Another of the cheapest options to travel from this airport to the city center is by taking a bus. Arriva Southend operates the buses serving this airport.
- You can also take a taxi, and it will get you into central London quickly and conveniently. It’s also a good option to get to the airport and be on time for your Southend flight departures.
- If you want a more free ride, you can rent a car from the most popular car rental companies on the market.
London Southend International Airport has a single, compact and modern passenger terminal for all London Southend airport departures. The existing terminal was finished in 2012 and was extended to 90 meters. The SEN departures terminal is on the left, while the arrival terminal is on the right.
- It has a bar, cafeteria, duty-free shops, ATM’s, banks, a W H Smith bookstore, currency exchange agency, car rental office, taxi rental counter.
It has all the services you need to make your Southend airport departures comfortable and of quality.