LHR Departures today
Address: Longford TW6, United Kingdom
Area: 12.14 km²
Location: Hillingdon, Greater London, England
Focus city for: Virgin Atlantic Airways
About London Heathrow international departures
Going to London? Then you probably fly to one of the many airports around the city. Most long haul flights have London Heathrow departures. A lot of the low cost airlines fly to those others like Stansted, Luton, Gatwick, Southend and City. Check out the up-to date status of yours today flight above. It is always updated because all pieces of information are automatically updated by the airline company. This is done to ensure that passengers will be given a 100% customer satisfaction.
Location of Heathrow Airport
London Airport, as originally called, is considered a major international airport in London, England. It is exactly be found in Longford TW6, United Kingdom. If you will look at the map, Heathrow Airport is 14 miles west of London, UK, to be exact.
Terminals with Heathrow departures
There are four terminal buildings in Heathrow Airport. These are terminals 2, 3, 4, and 5. Read the details below for you to know more about these terminal departures.
- Heathrow Terminal 2 – Heathrow airport flight departures with European destinations and for long-haul endpoints is this terminal for. Some airlines included here are Air China, Air Canada, Lufthansa, and as well as German Wings. You can access terminal 2 even by just walking using the pedestrian lane that connects terminal 3. You can go there at an estimated time of only 10 minutes. Of course, terminals offer help for those who find it difficult to go there. If you are looking for check-in desks, just proceed to the top floor. Flight departures are located on level 5.
- Heathrow Terminal 3 – This terminal handles also long-haul Heathrow flight departures. However, there are still flights for European places. Airlines that operate in terminal 3 are Delta Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Finn Air, Cathay Pacific, Oman Air, and Emirates. Just like terminal 2, you can easily access terminal 3 using the pedestrian underpass which connects these two terminals. Check-in desks can be found on the ground floor in front of the building. London Heathrow departures (LHR) are located on the first floor after ticketing and security for your convenience.
- Heathrow Terminal 4 – It is just like terminal 2 and 3 when it comes to destinations. Included in terminal 3 are the following airlines: Delta, Air India, and KLM. There are available free shuttle trains that operate between the Heathrow Central Station and Terminal 4. With every hour LHR flight departures, there are four trains which travel at an average time of 20 minutes. You can find the check-in desks in this terminal on the first floor, just the same as the Flight departures.
- Heathrow Terminal 5 – This terminal is exclusively only for British Airways as well as Iberia Airlines to process London Heathrow airport departures. Travels from Terminal 2, 3 & 5 are free of charge using the Heathrow Express Trains. The travel time is around 20 minutes. Should anyone prefer a contactless payment card or via Oyster Card, you can also use Underground trains in London for free. Underground travel will take only around 16 minutes. For check-in desks, you can see them on level 3 to start your journey while the Heathrow airport flight departures are located from levels 2 and 4.
Transport to/from the airport
There are several options for traveling from the airport to the center of London or the region.
- One of those options is by train. There are many London Heathrow airport departures with the Express or the TFL Tail. Both travel to Paddington Station. The Express has LHR airport departures from terminal 2, 3 and 5 to this station without stops in 15 minutes. However, the TFL Rail does have several stops, but it takes longer. This one is cheaper too.
- There are also LHR departures with the Metro. This inexpensive mode of travel travels through all terminals on the Piccadilly tube line. Travel all the way to the north of the city in an hour. There are Heathrow departures to the center every 5 minutes.
- Another way of traveling is by bus. This is mainly used if you want to travel to other cities such as Reading, Windsor, Feltham and Watford. There is also an Express bus that travels to Victoria Coach Station. Travel to this major bus station in 60 minutes for 6 pounds.
- If you still want to travel by taxi, you have to take into account a price of 70 pounds and 40-50 minutes travel time.
Airlines and destinations
In addition to the aforementioned airlines at the terminals, there are of course much more to see at the airport with destinations all over the world. For example, most domestic Heathrow flight departures are operated by British Airways to the north of the UK. Think of Aberdeen, Glasgow and top destination Edinburgh. Other frequently flown routes are Manchester, Newcastle and Belfast.
International flight routes
International routes are most popular at this airport. Many London Heathrow flight departures go to the US. The busiest route is to JFK New York, but other destinations such as Los Angeles, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, Minneapolis, Detroit, Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Denver and Washington are also frequently seen routes operated by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines. Many passengers also like to fly to Dubai. Not always necessarily as a final destination, it is also an important hub to travel further to other destinations in Asia or Australia. Don’t forget the closer cities like Dublin (Aer Lingus), Amsterdam (KLM), Frankfurt (Eurowings / Lufthansa), Madrid (Iberia) and Munich. These are also excellent destinations for a short break.
Air Canada also flies the Atlantic with London Heathrow departures to Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. Airlines that are less visible but have interesting destinations are Alitalia, Air France, Aeroflot, Air China, China Southern Airlines, Emirates, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines to Kuala Lumpur, LATAM, Qantas to Melbourne, Sydney and Perth, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines and Vietnam Airlines.