London Heathrow International Airport
IATA code: LHR
ICAO code: EGLL
LHR Arrivals today
|Schedule Time||Estimated Time||Origin||Airline||Flight||Terminal||Status|
About London Heathrow international arrivals
There are still London Heathrow arrivals so the airport operates and is open for travelers. This is originally known as the London Airport and currently called the London Heathrow. The status of the Heathrow flights arrivals is always updated on this website. Minute-by-minute, you will find updated information about your flight of today. You may check out the details below for more information on the airport.
It is one of six airports located in or around the city of London and one of the busiest airports in the world. This is mainly due to international air traffic. It is a major hub for flights to or from the US and it has been around since 1929 when the first Heathrow arrivals took place. Since then it has grown to become the busiest airport in Europe. On the 12.27 sq km are 2 runways, 5 passenger terminals, and many outbuildings, parking garages etc. The main airline at the airport is British Airways but also Virgin Atlantic.
Heathrow Airport is located at Longford TW6, United Kingdom. This is 14 miles west of London, UK, which is the main hub for British Airways. It is also the center of the operating base for Virgin Atlantic.
Location Airport map
Passenger statistics London Heathrow Airport
It serves about 80 million passengers annually, which considers as the busiest airport in the UK and the largest airport in the United Kingdom. It has six international airports which can accommodate over 180 million passengers in a year. The pandemic hit the UK hard so there is a big decline of passengers in 2020 and probably in 2021 as well. The airport went back from 80 to 22 million passengers a year. In terms of aircraft movements, there were 200 thousand London Heathrow airport arrivals in 2020. That’s more than a 57% drop.
Heathrow Airport ground transportation
- To London city/Tower Bridge: Take Faggs Rd to Great South-West Rd/A30. Take The Pkwy/A312, M4 and A4 to North End Rd/B317 in Hammersmith, London. Take the A3218 to Redcliffe Gardens/A3220 in Kensington. Continue on the A3220. Take the A3212 and Kennington Ln/A3204 to Tower Bridge Rd/A100. Waterloo station is just before the bridge.
- To Oxford/Covent Garden: Take Faggs Rd to Great South-West Rd/A30. Take the A312 and A40 to Park Cres/A4201 in Marylebone, London. Drive to the A4201. Covent Garden is just down the road.
- To Milton Keynes: Head north on Terminal 5 Roundabout towards Wright Way. Follow the M25 and M1 to the A509 in Milton Keynes. Take exit 14 from the M1. Follow the A509, V8 Marlborough St/B4034 and H6 Childs Way to the Saxon Gate in Milton Keynes.
Fly safe and arrive safely at Heathrow Airport! In getting to the airport, there are many Heathrow arrivals by car, taxi, minicab, bus, coach, or by train.
If you use a taxi to get there, there is only about 30-60 minutes of travel time. You can plan ahead of time for your convenience in choosing the transportation that suits you. if you drive the black taxi you can take into account that you pay at least £52 (maximum £97) to Central London. This falls under Tariff 1 which falls between 5 am and 8 pm. After 8 pm there is a small increase until 10 pm which is Tariff 2. Tariff 3 is applied from 10 pm to 5 am. There is an extra charge that starts from the taxi rank or for a drop off at the special drop off zone. You can also choose to take a Private Hire such as WeKnow or Minicabit. WeKnow gives a fixed rate and has a service desk in the arrivals terminal. Minicabit compares many providers that you can travel with.
Transfer to city by public transport:
- Heathrow Express to train London Paddington centre. This is a 15 minute trip with also every 15 minutes LHR airport arrivals. The trains depart from Terminal 2/3 and Terminal 5. A single ticket costs £25 but is already cheaper with a return ticket. It can be much cheaper if you book 3 months in advance. You can also use your Oyster Card for the Heathrow Express. You can also travel on the Elizabeth line from all terminals. There is a connection to Essex, Reading, East and Central London.
- There are also many buses to the airport, having different Heathrow airport arrivals at the different terminals. At the wrong terminal? There is Inter-terminal transport that you can use to transfer between the terminals. Local buses: most buses go to central London and/or stay in the western part. Payment is easy with a Day Travelcard, but an Oyster Card is recommended. If you want to continue your journey by bus after arrival at the airport, in most cases you will have to go to HEathrow Central Bus Station. This is close to terminals 2 and 3. There are also routes that depart from Terminals 4 and 5. Some routes with final destination excluding intermediate stops:
- Heathrow Central Bus Station to final destinations: Greenford Station, Kingston, Ruislip, and Uxbridge Station.
- Heathrow Terminal 4 to final destinations: Southall and Richmond.
- Heathrow Terminal 5 to final destinations: Southall, Hounslow, Hayes, Harlington and Richmond.
- London Underground https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/by-rail-or-train/london-underground
If you want to park the car at the airport, you must first determine from which terminal you are departing. You can do that here: Which Terminal Do I Leave?. You can park Short Stay at every terminal. This is a good way to pick up passengers or for a few days. You can also go to the airport for a long stay. Each terminal has its own location. This is the cheapest way to park your car. After parking you will be taken to the terminal with a free shuttle bus. Other options are Business Parking, Meet & Greet and Valet Parking.
Another option is to stay in a hotel and leave the car there. For this option, see the Hotels section at the bottom of the page.
See Parking map on the earlier shown map
There is already an approved third runway for London Heathrow arrivals. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the number of passengers decreased, and they have decided to use single runway operations. This single runway will provide better health securities so as not to increase the COVID-19 cases.
Terminal facilities at London Heathrow Airport
Forgot your money after LHR arrivals? Some of the terminal facilities available at Heathrow Airport are the numerous ATM machines where you can easily access your bank account. In terms of food services, you will find lots of choices there. Restaurants, fast foods, bars, coffee shops, and the likes are common in the airport. If you wish to go shopping, you can have it as well. There are various shops in the terminal, such as duty-free outlets, electrical shops, and even boutiques.
- Terminal 2: the public transportation is located on Level 0. In addition to the buses, taxis are also available. Level 1 is where it all happens with arrivals and baggage claim. There is also a parking floor on this level. On level 2 there are some B gate and London Underground. Levels 4 and 5 provide access to other gates.
- Terminal 3: by train you arrive at Level -1. The London Underground can be found on Level -1. Both the arrivals and check-in area is on Level 0. You will find upper departures on level 1 and part of the arrivals gates on level 2. Levels 3 through 6 are all parking options.
- Terminal 4: if you come by train or Underground you will arrive at Level -1. Level 0 is for the arrivals hall and Level 2 is the check-in. Parking is between level 1 (mezzanine) and 2.
- Terminal 5: one of the ways to get to this terminal is by the London Underground or the Heathrow Express. You arrive at Level -3 and go via the escalators or lifts to Level 0 for arrivals level and public transportation. Go to level 3 for check-in. You can park at various levels in the garage and accessible at several levels in the terminal.
Many different airlines have Heathrow airport flight arrivals. British Airways and Virgin Atlantic have by far the most destinations that they fly to. Other frequently seen airlines are:
- Aer Lingus
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air France
- Air India
- American Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern
- Delta Air Lines
- Japan Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
Destinations from London Heathrow Airport
There are many direct flights are available from London Heathrow (LHR). Flying domestically most flight go to Scotland with the destinations Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. Other popular routes with many Heathrow airport flight arrivals are:
Most of these flights are flown by British Airways (BA).
Most flights go internationally. One of the top destinations is in the US, New York JFK Airport. On average more than 3 million passengers use this route. All these Heathrow flight arrivals are being processed with the airlines British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Delta Air Lines and American Airlines. Other top international destinations:
- Netherlands Amsterdam
- Hong Kong
- Los Angeles
- Germany Frankfurt
- Spain Madrid
- Germany Munich
Many of the flights go over the Atlantic. Routes will go to
- Phoenix–Sky Harbor
- San Francisco
- Boston Logan Airport
- Chicago–O’Hare Airport
- Minneapolis MSP
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Los Angeles LAX
- Seattle/Tacoma SEA
- Calgary, Vancouver, Halifax, Toronto–Pearson, Montréal–Trudeau and Ottawa YOW.
Heathrow offers you choices on the lowest price of their LHR flight arrivals. There is an economy, premium economy, business, and first-class. There is also a round trip available or just a one-way. Prices also vary depending on the number of travelers.
For more information, visit their site at www.heathrow.com. Here, you will learn more about the company, especially about the Heathrow arrivals in their airport. You will be guided on their offered services and other relevant information. It is always an advantage if you will familiarize yourself first with the places and their services before getting there.
Accommodation including parking:
Hilton Hotel Heathrow Airport T4: at terminal 4 within walking distance. Nevertheless, you can of course also just sleep here if you depart from another terminal. You only park the car overnight at the hotel and then park at a short term, meet & greet or long term. All this, of course, at an affordable deal. Other options:
- Hilton Garden Inn (15 minutes to airport)
- Leonardo Hotel Heathrow Airport (10 min to airport)
- Renaissance Hotel Heathrow (10 mins to airport)
- Holiday Inn Express London-Heathrow Terminal 5 (15 min to airport)
- Mercure Heathrow Airport (10 mins to airport)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Heathrow Airport (10 min to airport)
- Thistle London Heathrow Terminal 5 (10 mins to airport)