Liverpool John Lennon international airport
Address: Speke Hall Ave, Speke, Liverpool L24 1YD, United Kingdom
Telephone number: 0871 521 8484
IATA airport code: LPL
Altitude: 24 m
Owner: The Peel Group
Number of runways: 1
LPL Departures today
Get to know Liverpool John Lennon international airport departures
An inexpensive and comfortable way that you can go to England is by landing at Liverpool airport or having John Lennon airport departures. The beautiful nation within the UK needs to be well known, and the best way to do this is by having Liverpool departures when leaving the area. You can learn a bit more about Liverpool Airport facilities on this page.
Know about the destinations the airport offers and what possibilities you have to get to or from the city. Also, find out a little history about the airport, the terminal, and the airlines it works with to process the departures.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport opened in 1930 for Liverpool flight departures. It is the most important tourist spot for the city to attract visitors. In its early years, the airport functioned as an airfield, but it was expanded to accommodate many more Liverpool John Lennon departures to attract tourists.
The airport can handle 5-6 million passengers per year due to its medium-sized terminal. For now, you can prioritize the airbase for its 50 available Liverpool airport flight departures for you to fly to mostly Europe destinations. There are massive plans to expand the airport. The runway will be longer, bigger area for passenger facilities, new hotel, expand parking area etc.
Location for LPL airport departures
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is located near the Mersey River in the city of Liverpool. You have to travel 8 miles from the city center to get to the airport. The location from the Liverpool city is southeast.
Airport location map
Liverpool airport ground transportation
As prominent means of transportation, you can take the following options from the airport:
- Take Liverpool airport departures by train. The train service is 2 miles from the airport that you can travel by taxi or bus. You will take the Merseyrail Hunts Cross station, which take you to the city center.
- The LPL departures by bus. Route 3-A and 3-B runs very well around Liverpool and can take you to Garston or Halewood. The most popular bus route to city center is Bus 500. A few other bus lines are going to Liverpool One Bus Station as well. Most of them have every 20 to 30 minutes departures. If you want to travel further by bus to other major cities in England, you can opt for a coach service. The National Express coaches will serve many destinations from the Liverpool One station.
- You can travel by taxi if you want a bit more flexibility. The company Hackney cabs will serve you to your end destination.
- Car rental: there are several rental car companies at the airport to rent a car. Travel onward easily, quickly and flexibly.
There are a number of options for parking. Five are the most popular. In fact, they are all a short walk from the terminal. The most distant maximum 5 to 10 minutes walk. There are several options for a short stay. Choose the Fast Track Parking (include family parking as well) and the multi storey parking garage in front of the terminal. A long stay parking is also possible within walking distance. This is considerably cheaper, especially after parking for a few days. For a drop off you can simply stop the car in front of the terminal to let passengers get off. If you want to stand just a little longer to say goodbye, you can use the Meet & Greet location.
Liverpool Airport has a single runway to process all the John Lennon airport departures. The name or address of this runway is 09/27. This runway is 7,500 feet/2,285 meter long and has a solid asphalt surface.
The airport facilities stand out for showing a beautiful terminal that can accommodate millions of passengers (maximum capacity of 7 million) and therefore many Liverpool departures. Among the characteristics of the Liverpool air terminal are:
- You will have a single multi-story building with at least 50 access doors.
- On the ground floor, you can locate check-in counters, the border control to take you to the Liverpool flight departures hall.
- The terminal has a common area where you will have several commercial premises around it. After security you have different shops, restaurants, bars and currency/ATM available.
- Waiting room and a premium Aspire lounge. The Aspire lounge is open daily from 5 am to 8 pm.
Airlines who offer Liverpool airport flight departures
At this airport, you will have flights by airlines such as Easyjet and Ryanair. On the other hand, you can take flights by companies such as Blue Air, Lufthansa, Wizz Air, and Loganair.
Flight routes Liverpool Airport
Liverpool airport has its points in mind when it comes to destinations by stopover or direct flights, depending on the airline. For you to travel comfortably, you must be aware of these LPL airport departures. Among the most popular direct flights you can take:
If you want some other Liverpool airport departures, you have to choose between these destinations of which many of them are just seasonal:
- Bucharest OTP
- Palma de Mallorca
- Barcelona El Prat
- Stockholm Arlanda
- Warsaw Chopin
- Katowice, etc.
With the destination in hand, you have to wait for your flight; you need to be at the airport at least 1 hour before but preferable 2-3 hours. You can have a good experience by taking Liverpool airport as your departure port.
If you have an early departure, it is convenient to stay at the hotel Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport. It is directly within walking distance opposite the terminal next to the parking garage. Other good options nearby include the following hotels:
- Premier Inn, Crowne Plaza, and Travelodge Hotel.