Leeds Bradford Yorkshire’s Airport
Address: Whitehouse Ln, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7TU, United Kingdom
IATA airport codes: LBA and EGNM
Elevation: 208 m
Node for: Jet2.com
Serves: Leeds, Bradford
LBA Departures today
About Leeds Bradford International Airport Departures
Leeds Bradford Airport is located in Yeadon, West Yorkshire. Both cities, Bradford and Leeds are at a short distance (7-9 miles) to the airport. They have 1 terminal in operation with two different areas of check-halls to start your adventure. The domestic and international arrivals are separate. There is 1 runway to process all the flights. Pre-pandemic there were 4 million passengers but 2020 and 2021 went downhill. Most Leeds Bradford arrivals will be processed by the airlines Jet2 and Ryanair.
The located to have Leeds Bradford airport departures are in Yeadon, 16 kilometers northwest of Leeds and 12 kilometers northeast of Bradford. The airport is the largest airport in Yorkshire. The airport code (IATA) for Leeds Bradford Airport is LBA.
In addition to Leeds and Bradford, it is also an ideal location for people from the region such as Harrogate, Wakefield and York. Until 2007 the airport was in the hands of a public owner. It then passed into the hands of Bridgepoint Capital and AMP Capital in 2017. The first Leeds Bradford departures were carried out as early as 1931. Only a few years later a terminal was built which was immediately in use for flights during the Second World War. Well later in 1968 a new runway was opened for Leeds airport departures with some improvements years later to allow the large Boeing 747 to take off and land.
Leeds Bradford Airport Terminal
The airport has 1 terminal with 2 air bridges connected to it. For LBA airport departures you easily could check in with 2 locations for that. One of those (Hall B) is only for Jet2 Leeds departures. The other hall (A) is for all other airlines. There are also some places to eat and drink something. There are some lounges in the Leeds flight departures hall. The runway is a 2250 meter. A new plan is there to build a new terminal and additional gates for more Leeds Bradford airport departures.
Terminal map departures area
There are three available lounges:
- The Yorkshire Lounge: entry 3 hours before your flight departure. Entry is £30.
- White Rose Lounge: £35
- The 1432 Runway Club: entry fee £40. No children under 12 allowed.
Numbers, airlines and destinations at Leeds Bradford Airport
The airport is growing steadily in a wave of numbers of passengers who use it every year. In recent years there have been around 4 million passengers. Due to corona, there are far fewer LBA departures in 2020 and 2021 but it is increasing again in 2022.
Most airlines that can be found at the airport are: Jet2, KLM, Ryanair, TUI, Eastern Airways and Aer Lingus. Jet2 and Ryanair offer most routes. Many of these Leeds Bradford departures go to Spain in the south of Europe. The busiest routes in Spain are to:
Other cities in Europe with many Leeds airport departures are to:
Some other popular routes are going to Lanzarote, Riga, and Southampton.
LBA Airport Ground transport
- Bus: There are actually three logical directions where you can travel by bus. The agency FLYER carries out these routes. The A1 bus goes to Leeds, the A2 to Harrogate (and Bradford) and the A3 bus goes to Bradford.
- Train: There is no train station at the airport. For that you will have to travel with a rideshare/taxi/bus to one of the nearest stations. If you have a further final destination, you can also choose to travel by bus A1 to Leeds center and continue from there by train.
- Taxi: The official partner of the airport to carry out the taxi rides is Arrow Cars. These are ready to take you from the airport to your final destination. You can also book an Arrow Cars taxi online via an app or telephone.
- Car rental: You can rent a car at the airport or reserve one online in advance. For the pick up you will have to go to the Car Rental Center which is a 2 minute drive or a 15 minute walk. This is also the location for the drop off of the rental car. The location is at LS18 5HX.
As you can see in the picture, there are several options for parking your car. The Meet & Greet is a valet service where you leave the car to someone else who will park it for you. You can therefore quickly enter the terminal for the check-in process. If you want to park the car yourself for short term, you can choose Front Express, Premium Short Stay and just Short Stay. If you want to park for a few days or a weekend, we recommend Mid Stay. There are two options for this. Mid Stay 2 is a little further away and is slightly cheaper after the first day than Mid Stay (1). By the way, at 2 you can park for free for the first hour. Great for when you want to dwell a little longer on a drop off or pick up. If you wish to stay longer, Long Stay is the best option in terms of price. Where you can walk to the terminal at the other locations (1 to 10 minutes), a shuttle bus service will be offered at Lon Stay. This is also only a few minutes drive to the terminal.
If you want to stay very close to the airport you can choose to sleep or rest at Travelodge Leeds Bradford Airport. This is a simple hotel but still scores good reviews online. It is also within walking distance to the terminal. There are two other good and more luxurious options within a 5-minute drive. These are The White Swan, Yeadon and the Premier Inn Leeds/Bradford Airport hotel.