Address: Edinburgh EH12 9DN, United Kingdom
Height: 41 m
Phone: +44 844 448 8833
Owner: Global Infrastructure Partners
Edinburgh airport is the busiest airport in Scotland. In 2019, a total of 14.7 million Edinburgh flight departures. This airport has 1 runway and 1 terminal and a total of 2500 employees. The airport is located 5.8 miles west of the city center, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Things you know about Edinburgh airport
- This airport is the 6th busiest airport in the United Kingdom. Most Edinburgh departures are going to London.
- This airport is owned by global infrastructure partners.
- The airport firstly used for defense purposes in 1919, and after World War 2 airport started commercial use.
You get free WiFi accessible in the terminal of the airport. The lounge facility is also available before EDI departures. You can use the lounge from 6 am to 10 pm. Rates of the lounge is for
- 1–3 hours, 8.50 £
- 1 day, 12.50 £
- A week, 50 £
Also designated smoking areas are available and other services like ATM, baby care, baggage inquiry, information desk, etc.
Terminal after check-in and security:
Airlines that fly from Edinburgh airport
Most Edinburgh Airport departures are with British Airways and EasyJet to the various airports in London. Other low budget airlines like Jet2, Ryanair and TUI have many holiday destinations. KLM is the first populair destination outside the UK. This route will be flown by Easyjet and the Dutch Airlines KLM. Airlines that you also see at the airport:
- Aegean airlines
- Aer Lingus regional
- Air Canada
- Air France
- American airlines
- Atlantic airways
- Austrian airlines
- Delta air lines
- Qatar airways
- United airlines
- Turkish airlines
- Wizz air
This list is summary of busiest routes of Edinburgh airport. Most of these routes are domestic (UK) and also some international EDI departures to Amsterdam, Barcelona and more holiday destinations.
There are a lot of transportation facilities available that you might want to know before Edinburgh departures:
- Bus: Lothian busses are provided public transport to the airport and Edinburgh, which include starlink100, Skylink 200, Skylink 300, Skylink 400, N22. There are also some operators like stagecoach, Xplore Dundee, Citylink.
- By road: This airport connected to A8 road, the M8 motorway, and the M9 motorway. You can also reach this airport by the M90 motorway through Queensferry crossing.
- By train: This airport is also accessed by train. There is a dedicated railway station and it serves the nearby Edinburgh gateway station.
- By tram: You can also using de tram, this airport serves by Edinburgh trams.
There are several parking options are available before Edinburgh airport departures:
- For long stay parking, it cost you around 24 pounds for 8days .
- For terminal parking it cost you around 20 pounds for 4 days and 31 pounds for 8 days.
- Mid-stay parking, costs you around 16 pounds for 4 days and 27 pounds for 8 days.
If you are dropping passengers in this airport the rates are 4 pounds for 5–10 minutes and 10 pounds for 10–15 minutes.
How to get to Edinburgh airport
Here is some routes that you should follow:
- By road, this airport is well connected with roads such as M8, M9 motorways.
- By public transport, there are a lot of buses are operated by Lothian buses that provide services for airport and other surrounded areas of Edinburgh. There are often Edinburgh airport departures. You can also use tram services. A lot of trams are available that you should use to reach the airport.