East Midlands Airport
Address: Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2SA, United Kingdom
Phone: 0808 169 7030
IATA airport code: EMA
ICAO airport code: EGNX
Alias: East Midlands International Airport
EMA Arrivals today
About East Midlands International Airport Arrivals
The airport bears the name of the region in which it is located (East Midlands), in the middle of the cities of Derby, Nottingham and Leicester. These three cities are located in the center of England and have about 300,000 inhabitants per city.
The EMA flight arrivals during the WWII were from the Royal Air Force. After the ware in 1965 it has been developed as a civilian airport. These days it’s a hub for the low cost airlines such as Ryanair and Jet2 who offer most East Midlands arrivals. Other carriers at the airport are Aer Lingus, TUI, Blue Islands, Jet2.com, and Aurigny. There is a simple terminal and just 1 runway of 2,900 meter for all East Midlands flight arrivals.
Flight routes East Midlands Airport
The top 5 most popular destinations go to the south of Europe. Alicante Airport has the most arrivals with 400 thousand passengers, followed by:
During the pandemic some other destinations pop up as most popular as some routes have less frequent flights or even canceled at all. Some of the busier nowadays are also flights to:
- Gran Canaria
In total, there are between 4 and 5 million (passenger) East Midlands Airport EMA arrivals annually. Because of the pandemic there have been a drop in EMA airport arrivals in 2020 and 2021. In 2020 it only served around a million passengers.
East Midlands Airport ground transportation
There are several ways to travel to the airport.
- One option is by train. There are several train stations 7-12 miles from the airport. If you travel to one of these train stations, you can travel to/from East Midlands airport on a Skylink bus. There are frequent arrivals. Travel to one of these train stations: Derby, Nottingham or Long Eaton train station.
- Travel easily by taxi to the airport wherever you depart from. If you have East Midlands arrivals, the taxis are also available outside the terminal.
- There are many options by traveling by bus. By bus you can travel to Nottingham, Leicester, Long Eaton, Derby, Burton and Stapleford. If you want to travel to a destination that is further away, you can use the coach buses. These run to several major cities in the UK.
- Are you on the road with a car after East Midlands airport arrivals? Then rent a car at the airport at one of the well-known car rental companies. Think of Avis, Sixt, Alamo, National and Hertz car rental.
Directions to Nottingham: Enter Clifton Ln/A453 from A6008 and Queens Dr. Follow the A453 and Remembrance Way to the A453 in Leicestershire. Follow the A453 to your destination.
- Meet & Greet: This is actually the valet parking option. You bring the car in front of the terminal after which you hand over the keys to the Meet & Greet team who will park the car for you. This allows you to enter the terminal directly. This costs about £65 for 7-8 days.
- Short Stay: park in one of three short stay car parks for around £69.99 per 7-8 days. The locations are within walking distance and can be reached in 5 minutes.
- Mid Stay: these car parks are located behind short stay 2 and 3. There are also three locations to park your car. At £55.99 a week, it’s just slightly cheaper. Walking distance is 6-8 minutes.
- Long Stay: park here for £45 per week. It is just a little further away. There are shuttle buses that reach the terminal in 5 minutes. This parking is closed from November until end of March.
- JetParks: this parking is the cheapest at £41.99. This is also a bit further away. The shuttle bus takes 12 to 15 minutes to reach the terminal. This parking is closed from November until end of March.
There are a few hotels within walking distance, but also many in the region. The following are very close to the airport:
- Leonardo Hotel East Midlands Airport – Formerly Jurys Inn
- Premier Inn East Midlands Airport hotel
These hotels are a little further away but are good alternatives:
- Bondgate Hotel East Midlands Airport
- Hilton East Midlands Airport